Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Boston aren't blowing a 3-1 lead for the 2nd season in a row. You can sense / feel that their experience is starting to take over the series.

Where's the logic here? They were a far more experienced team last year and blew a 3-1 lead.

Reactions: SprDaVE

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I truly feel sorry for you.

You can't help yourself.

You truly need a recap? Here's what was corrected:

1 You claimed that Charlie Coyle was a "fourth line centre."

You claimed that Charlie Coyle was a "third line centre."

You claimed that Charlie Coyle was grossly overpaid.

You claimed that Charlie Coyle had 60 points because he had "significant ice time."

4) You claimed the Charlie Coyle was the only centre on the team.

And now, in the second post where you've doubled down on being completely wrong and refusing to admit it, you've added a brand new lie: 5) You claimed that Pavel Zacha; who just put up 59 points and led Bruins centres in ice time, is a "winger" despite him playing centre going all the way back to Junior.

6) This will be my final response to you. There's no point having a conversation with someone that just makes up their own facts.

Talk about a mental breakdown.... :DD I'm still not sure what got you so confused and triggered.

1) Yes calling him 4th line C was a hyperbole. The rest of HFboard got it, you did not.

2) He played 3rd line C for the 5 of the last 6 years. Again what is triggering you?

3)Is there a single fan (besides you), that thinks it was a good contract for Bruins Coyle signed ? 6 years contract $5.25M

1714144807559.png

I guess 16 points in 51 games is elite now.. $5.25M

4) Again, technically he is, if you ever pulled your head out of your ass and checked. It's one of those fun fact situations. They have Coyle, Zacha -winger and noobies...

5) Please don't lie about him being C, he played C in juniors and now this season for Boston. Going back all to way to juniors :D, sure but he played 0 games in NHL as C. He played LW in NJ and in Boston. So 100% correct on my part, Zacha as a winger stole 1C job from the only C on the team. Despite what you feel about it...

6) Cool, there was no need for you to get triggered in the first place. 0 facts in your posts, feelings only.

Get better !

• Haha
Reactions: FerrisRox

myleafs

May 25, 2021
We’ll be a worse team. Anyway, we can’t trade any of them without their blessing, oh a few said we could but whenever I reply, How? They never get back to me. Even JT will be back but at about half what he makes now. Unless you are willing to let them walk for free they are here for the duration of their careers. Keefe can go though.
So just ride these guys out til they retire even if we get bounced early again have no playoff success in the forseeable future? Thats one way to go I guess.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
At this point I hope he is just trolling.
How is this a troll?

They've shown so little sample size of being able to actually perform at this time of year.
They've shown an inability to actually win on home ice in the playoffs (5 straight losses, 1-7 in their last 8).
They've got more holes in their game currently than a block of cheese.

Pulling for them, but I'm simply stating that I don't know where you guys get your optimism from other than "hopes and dreams". Nothing they've (ever) done suggests they are capable of winning 3 of the next 4. Against a team that owns them.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Sure says the guy who labeled him a joker based on 1 game last year.
I've not labelled him a joker at all. He's basically a playoff rookie, and people here are making him out to be Patrick Roy after 2 games. All I'm saying is that his numbers will average down the more games he plays.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I don't know how anyone finds optimism in this group, but hoping you are right.

Personally I don't see it myself
Seriously, man, it's 2-1. People are acting exactly as they did after game 1. What happened after that? The Leafs won game 2 and there were a million posts here about how great they are. The same thing will happen after game 4, and the cycle will repeat whenever they lose another game. All I'm doing is ignoring the shift by shift debate and looking at the overall body of work, which is one where the Leafs have mostly been the better team. I think that trend will continue, and generally speaking results usually follow. But they definitely need Nylander back. His presence in the lineup materially changes how Boston approaches both 5-5 and penalty killing structure,

Reactions: Tak7

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Seriously, man, it's 2-1. People are acting exactly as they did after game 1. What happened after that? The Leafs won game 2 and there were a million posts here about how great they are. The same thing will happen after game 4, and the cycle will repeat whenever they lose another game. All I'm doing is ignoring the shift by shift debate and looking at the overall body of work, which is one where the Leafs have mostly been the better team. I think that trend will continue, and generally speaking results usually follow. But they definitely need Nylander back. His presence in the lineup materially changes how Boston approaches both 5-5 and penalty killing structure,

The overall body of work in the series is exactly what I'm doing, too. Big picture, I think there's too many concerns for them to figure it out:
  • Getting outdueled in net
  • Getting rinsed on special teams
  • Unable to properly break down Boston's defensive system
  • The Marner Situation
  • Nylander's health.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
The overall body of work in the series is exactly what I'm doing, too. Big picture, I think there's too many concerns for them to figure it out:
  • Getting outdueled in net
  • Getting rinsed on special teams
  • Unable to properly break down Boston's defensive system
  • The Marner Situation
  • Nylander's health.
For me, your second and third bullets are the points that concern me when this team gets into a later round against a team like Carolina. I'm not worried about the goaltending in this series, and Marner will produce. Hopefully, Nylander comes back. But special teams and the ability to break through a tight defensive structure...those two issues will be magnified against a team like Carolina (less so, I think, against Florida, but still something to overcome in that match-up, as well).

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
For me, your second and third bullets are the points that concern me when this team gets into a later round against a team like Carolina. I'm not worried about the goaltending in this series, and Marner will produce. Hopefully, Nylander comes back. But special teams and the ability to break through a tight defensive structure...those two issues will be magnified against a team like Carolina (less so, I think, against Florida, but still something to overcome in that match-up, as well).
You can't go on a cup run with shotty goaltending and a leaky PK.

Their PK issues have gone on all season. If they were capable of fixing it, they would have done so by now. They just don't have the personel good enough to do that job. None of their D are particularly good at it, and Kampf & Marner aside they don't have forwards all that good at it either.

Boston's PP was sleepy down the stretch. They've crushed it in R1, largely because they've had so many easy looks.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
You can't go on a cup run with shotty goaltending and a leaky PK.

Their PK issues have gone on all season. If they were capable of fixing it, they would have done so by now. They just don't have the personel good enough to do that job. None of their D are particularly good at it, and Kampf & Marner aside they don't have forwards all that good at it either.

Boston's PP was sleepy down the stretch. They've crushed it in R1, largely because they've had so many easy looks.
I don't disagree with you on the penalty killing. It is a personnel issue rather than a coaching issue. It's why I think they would have a heck of a time against Carolina.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I don't disagree with you on the penalty killing. It is a personnel issue rather than a coaching issue. It's why I think they would have a heck of a time against Carolina.

I picked Boston in 6 before the series started, and I'll stick to that.

But if they do manage to get through, they'll have a well rested version of the team that spanked them last year waiting for them - and they'll cook that PK alive.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Extremely cool that the shot that basically turned the game around for Boston had a less than 1% chance of going in. Thanks Samsonov.

Just for that goal, I'd just go with Woll the rest of the way, do or die. It was Lalime level terrible and killed us.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
I picked Boston in 6 before the series started, and I'll stick to that.

But if they do manage to get through, they'll have a well rested version of the team that spanked them last year waiting for them - and they'll cook that PK alive.
I don't think Florida will have Bennett back for a while, so that will be a big loss for them.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I've not labelled him a joker at all. He's basically a playoff rookie, and people here are making him out to be Patrick Roy after 2 games. All I'm saying is that his numbers will average down the more games he plays.
Nobody is making him out to be Pat Roy, I just posted his numbers through two games. He's also owned us for how many games now?? You may not have used the word chokers but you did say "Neither Boston goalie has ever performed well in the playoffs. ... I think goaltending will be a wash. Ultimately, I think the Leafs' offense will win this series.".

Odds are he won't be able to maintain those numbers but Leafs have averaged 2 GPG for how many playoff games now and Leafs PP has been underwhelming.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Nobody is making him out to be Pat Roy, I just posted his numbers through two games. He's also owned us for how many games now?? You may not have used the word chokers but you did say "Neither Boston goalie has ever performed well in the playoffs. ... I think goaltending will be a wash. Ultimately, I think the Leafs' offense will win this series.".

Odds are he won't be able to maintain those numbers but Leafs have averaged 2 GPG for how many playoff games now and Leafs PP has been underwhelming.
And I think as Swayman plays more playoff games his numbers will drop.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad