GDT: KNIGHTS OF GOLD @ HOUSE OF THE STORM

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
So jealous right now. :(
That’s one thing that I’ve been really lucky about living here. I’ve got the Ikon pass and I’ve already been up over 12 days this year. All during the week because of my hours at work. No lift lines. Runs all to myself.

Not so great if you’ve gotta fight the crowds on the weekend. I’m a lucky guy.

Free days at Aspen and Steamboat, will be using those this month. :cheers::walrus:

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
That’s one thing that I’ve been really lucky about living here. I’ve got the Ikon pass and I’ve already been up over 12 days this year. All during the week because of my hours at work. No lift lines. Runs all to myself.

Not so great if you’ve gotta fight the crowds on the weekend. I’m a lucky guy.

Free days at Aspen and Steamboat, will be using those this month. :cheers::walrus:

I remember a time when I liked you.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I remember a time when I liked you.
:D If you’re someone who comes out here for a few days at a time but hasn’t been to many of our hills, I recommend Crested Butte and Steamboat. Not just great skiing but really fun towns to hang out in. Year round, plenty of mountain biking and all the summer stuff too. I like Durango as well.

My top choices when I have a few days. If I’m leaving the state then Jackson Hole/Tetons. That’s a scary hill though.

Reactions: SvechneJerk

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
:D If you’re someone who comes out here for a few days at a time but hasn’t been to many of our hills, I recommend Crested Butte and Steamboat. Not just great skiing but really fun towns to hang out in. Year round, plenty of mountain biking and all the summer stuff too. I like Durango as well.

My top choices when I have a few days. If I’m leaving the state then Jackson Hole/Tetons. That’s a scary hill though.

I hit up Breckenridge for a few days about 12/13 years ago. It basically ruined snowboarding for me here on the East (Ice) Coast. I’ve been wanting to get back out West ever since, but haven’t been able to.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I hit up Breckenridge for a few days about 12/13 years ago. It basically ruined snowboarding for me here on the East (Ice) Coast. I’ve been wanting to get back out West ever since, but haven’t been able to.

I’m in the same boat. Through high school and college I'd fly out every spring break and do Breck with my uncle for 3-4 days. It was glorious; east coast can’t even compare.

I haven’t been at all in probably 7-8 years now.

Reactions: SvechneJerk

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Ima gonna rub it in a little more, I’m on a ski trip right now. We’re skinning up to one of the 10th mountain division huts outside of Aspen for three days of backcountry skiing. 5 mile hike in to beautiful territory. Look up the 10th mountain division huts, great ww2 backstory. Earning your turns all day, cooking good food and getting tipsy every night.

Amazeballs.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

For real. Will have a hard time going back to Beech Mountain now. Such a great weekend- my daughters cried at the end of it. The youngest was loving the snow and cold, and mad to get back to NC. Then again she wasn't here today in Colorado Springs when it was 8 degrees this morning and will be -2 tonight. Never want to go back to that.

SvechneJerk

Christ is King
Jul 15, 2018
NC
Ima gonna rub it in a little more, I’m on a ski trip right now. We’re skinning up to one of the 10th mountain division huts outside of Aspen for three days of backcountry skiing. 5 mile hike in to beautiful territory. Look up the 10th mountain division huts, great ww2 backstory. Earning your turns all day, cooking good food and getting tipsy every night.

Amazeballs.

giphy.gif

Reactions: bleedgreen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad