Confirmed with Link: Klim Kostin and Kailer Yamamoto to Detroit for future considerations

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Just speculation here. Everything might return out just fine. But I'm starting to wonder if Yzerman is getting much more hassle from ownership over every last penny than he expected to. This trade is so bizarre, it almost feels like just after it was made, Chris poked his head in the door and shut it down to just use the buyout towards the cap floor.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I do not like what I'm seeing this summer thus far.

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Just speculation here. Everything might return out just fine. But I'm starting to wonder if Yzerman is getting much more hassle from ownership over every last penny than he expected to. This trade is so bizarre, it almost feels like just after it was made, Chris poked his head in the door and shut it down to just use the buyout towards the cap floor.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I do not like what I'm seeing this summer thus far.

Its crazy they haven't signed anyone yet and its June 30th.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

If that's the case, and an original 6 franchise is going to operate like the Coyotes, we're not going to be relevant for the next decade at least. So you may as well stop watching and close your account.

Better pray that's not the case.

Reactions: jkutswings

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004

So Chris let the deal go through but then told Yzerman to spend his money to pay a guy not to play on the Wings?

Versus the more plausible scenario where Yamamoto was part of the deal as a cap dump from Edmonton for the Wings to get Kostin and hopefully sign him?

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
So Chris let the deal go through but then told Yzerman to spend his money to pay a guy not to play on the Wings?

Versus the more plausible scenario where Yamamoto was part of the deal as a cap dump from Edmonton for the Wings to get Kostin and hopefully sign him?
Yeah, let's see how things look tomorrow around this time. I don't think we are going to go crazy with free agent signings, but we should know more by then.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I kind of assume yzerman viewed kostin as the “prize” here. If we’re not keeping him what’s the point of this move? So we just did Holland a massive favour for no reason?

I don’t get this at all

Reactions: lilidk and Pengu

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I kind of assume yzerman viewed kostin as the “prize” here. If we’re not keeping him what’s the point of this move? So we just did Holland a massive favour for no reason?

I don’t get this at all

The extension is pretty much done. It was not just reported officially, because the NHL office is acting like the slowest dinosaur system in the world.

Just those damn QO lists thanks to too fast acting social media make people confused.

Same freaking thing will happen every year and people are wondering the same freaking thing. Short memories.

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
If Kostin isn't signed, then I'm not sure what we just did, lol. There is literally no way to defend that.
It is future considerations. SY did Kenny a favor. In the future we may get some exclusive negotiation rights with someone or something like that.

And things are still not clear with Kostin. We may very well sign with us using slightly different teams than what QO provides.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
It is future considerations. SY did Kenny a favor. In the future we may get some exclusive negotiation rights with someone or something like that.

And things are still not clear with Kostin. We may very well sign with us using slightly different teams than what QO provides.
Future considerations was traded to Edmonton. We’ll have to trade for him back if we want his services.

Last edited:

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
At worst it's a waste of 400-500k cap space and Illitch money which I don't care about.

I assume we will see Kostin sign with us tomorrow. Otherwise why would you take on a buy out of 3 mil for no reason. Chris Illitch doesn't appear to be the type ok with spending money for absolutely nothing.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I assume we will see Kostin sign with us tomorrow. Otherwise why would you take on a buy out of 3 mil for no reason. Chris Illitch doesn't appear to be the type ok with spending money for absolutely nothing.
That would be Ken Holland having some secret pictures of Chris Ilitch -kind of move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad