If we win lottery and another team wants Celebrini badly would you consider a trade ?

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
That offer shouldn’t even pique interest of the Blackhawks. It would have to be a Ryan Poles/Bryce Young level fleecing with an elite younger player and pick(s) coming back to make me think about moving off #1. Basically if the fans of the offering team aren’t disgusted by it, I’m not interested :laugh:

This team has plenty of prospects that I think have a good chance to make good middle 6 players. Can’t give up any chance to add an elite player to get more middle 6 types imo.

Reactions: HawksDub89

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
No. Generally whoever is giving up the best asset in a trade loses that trade. Maybe if they took a deal with SJS, ANH, or CBJ to swap this year's 1st and get that team's 2025 1st (potentially 2 top 5 picks) it could make some sense but there'd really have to be something wrong with Celebrini for that to make sense.

I wouldn't have traded Bedard for that same respective deal last year so i don't know why a team would want to do it this year unless Celebrini is a lot closer to Lafreniere than he is to Toews/Bedard

You never make a deal with hopes that a teams pick might be in the 2-5 range next year though. Anything can happen.

Also they started this whole thread off on the wrong foot with what was proposed. Should have just went with what would you take in a trade for the first pick this year.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I'd consider something like 5th oa + blue chip prospect + 2024 2nd round pick + 2025 1st round pick. Thats the deal I'd accept

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Only way you consider trading Celebrini pick is if you got something like Simon Nemec + Devils 1st (10th overall) for it

Nemec would give Hawks great young RD and dropping to 10th would still net Hawks a good prospect.

Of course, Devils wouldn't part with Nemec as young RD studs like that are possibly the most valuable asset in NHL

And the idea of Bedard/Celebrini as 1-2 punch from both on ice and marketing perspective is likely too good for Hawks to pass on

Callidusblackhawk

Feb 15, 2012
Downers Grove, Illinois
I swear this bears trade working out the way it did has started with everyone talking about trading back trading back. f*** all that.
A 1st overall is a 1st overall but some other teams 1st round pick for next year could be anything! It could even be a 1st overall! You know how much we've wanted one of those!

HawksDub89

Apr 17, 2019
Sure if the Sharks want their adopted hometown guy. Smith + their 24 1st (which would be 2OA or 3OA). That's about it.

So far this is the only proposal I’ve seen that I’d consider.

I swear this bears trade working out the way it did has started with everyone talking about trading back trading back. f*** all that.

Just a really bad idea in hockey.

1st overall picks typically turn into franchise players. Celebrini/Bedard down the middle would set this team up for over a decade.

Reactions: Praetorian Caps

MHO

Sep 27, 2023
The 1st overall pick in hockey is very different than in football as the value between the top pick and mid 1st rounder in football is less than that in hockey. It's a much higher probability that you can draft a great player at 15 overall in the NFL than in the NHL.

That said, I'd take both of San Jose's 1st rounders in 24 and Smith for Celebrini. But they would never do that.

Reactions: Pez68

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
The 1st overall pick in hockey is very different than in football as the value between the top pick and mid 1st rounder in football is less than that in hockey. It's a much higher probability that you can draft a great player at 15 overall in the NFL than in the NHL.

That said, I'd take both of San Jose's 1st rounders in 24 and Smith for Celebrini. But they would never do that.
Also later picks are a lot more valuable in NFL. You need starters well beyond 1st round. You have 22 Offense/Defense Starters and the League turns over very quickly.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well...if Hawks do NOt get the #1tge question is moot..

But thatcwould put us eligible for a lottery #1in 2025 and if we won that one,would you consider trading it (James Hagens) for a playerxand a top 5 or top ten pick plus a future 2nd?

Or if we fail to get #1via lotto win in 2025 do you think Hawks are still a lotto team gettibg lucky in 2026 for Gavin McKenna and againwould you consider trading down on that....ie. bypassing maybe 1 of 2 more franchise pkayers though again both pip-aqueaks and we cannot go 1C and 2C that small...ie.Bedard +Havens or Bedard +McKenna.../ too small a top 2 C structure.. so means we would Need to trade in those scenarios.

These series also mean we,are a bottomm11 team again in 2024/×5 and 2025/×6 seasons.

Can you stand losing that movh and no pkayoffs 2 more seasons?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
A question: IF Haws did win the lottery for#1, inches 2024 Draft,if they trade down for sone goidcdeal ,does it mean they still are in the lottery for#1 again next Draft
..or does thec2 lottery wins only in any 5 consecutive Drafts rule still apply preventing any more lottery forc#1chances fothe Hawks till the 2028 Draft?

TIF so the process we get i return must be a knock your socks off haul.

But I'd Hawks trade their pick forca conditional deal ,ie. If team heating Hawks lottery pick changes wins lotto in 2024 Draft then Hawks get a hogher conpemsation if they do not move or drop 2 or 2 spots Hawks get less back but are still in the Jagens sweepstakes in 3025 ...does that strategy make any sense
..no because no teamor the Hawks would do such a deal knowing the chances forCelebrini still relatively low and Hawks might not get enough back to consider such a deal =to me a non'starter.

So we are back to if Hawks do not winCekebrini they still have next year's chance at Hahens...but hevtoo is a shrimp ..so we should trade hom or Nazar for sonething else because Gain ..no wY this team wins a "Cup with Bedard and a 2nd (but talented) zhrimp as the 2C and 2C...forgetvabout it.

Thus my position is keep the 2024 lottery chance and hope we land Celebrini who is at least average size..If we fail to get him...dtaft Big C now and trade HAGENS IN 2025 OR McKenna in 2026 for a real haul that could put us over the top in depth of talent coming back.

AGAIN NO ...Wyy should we ever contemplate Bedard as1C and a 2nd too smallC for linev2..It just is a fail plan to ever win a cup..You know it..I know it.. and KD should know it..

Last edited:

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Depending on the return.... yes.

This return? No.
Brady Tkuchuk? No.

I don't think any team would offer something to really consider.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
I'm thinking for something like a mid 1st rder (2024) , 2nd rder (2024) , and 1st rder (2025) and a b grade prospect ? I guess its boils down to how good do most think Celebrini will be ? Fire Away
It would have to be a severe overpay

Fantilli and Jiricek/Mateychuk
Carlsson and Mctavish/Mityukov/Zellweger/Gauthier/1st
Johnston and Harley/Stankoven
Byfield and Clarke
Faber and Boldy
Cooley and Guenther/Geeke
Smith and 1st
Hughes and Hughes/Nemec

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad