Injury Report: Klefbom could be out long-term.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Yes it's out of the realm. When has he dominated the SHL?
Jones has a lot of pro experience on North American ice and provided the Oilers with some solid games last year, some playing over 20 minutes with the injuries. There's a very small chance that Broberg is a better NHLer right now than Jones.

People are starting to really overrate Broberg based on a few nice games in a Training Camp and a few nice games to start off the SHL season. He still has a ways to go to prove that he's even remotely NHL ready. He's on the right track but lets pump the brakes a bit.

Precisely. Jones, until proven otherwise, is currently the better NHLer. This is based on the fact that he's actually played NHL games and generally played them well. He's also played virtually every position on Defense at least once over the past two years and shown to be fairly versatile.

I'd expect that to change at some and this could very well change during the upcoming season, maybe even early in the season, but if I was penciling in lineups for opening night right now, Jones draws in first.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
4 million freed up injured reserve, get rid of Russell for a pick and lets go fishing boys

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Yes it's out of the realm. When has he dominated the SHL?
Jones has a lot of pro experience on North American ice and provided the Oilers with some solid games last year, some playing over 20 minutes with the injuries. There's a very small chance that Broberg is a better NHLer right now than Jones.

People are starting to really overrate Broberg based on a few nice games in a Training Camp and a few nice games to start off the SHL season. He still has a ways to go to prove that he's even remotely NHL ready. He's on the right track but lets pump the brakes a bit.

I’m not really ready to bet on Jones yet. He’s been very Benning-like. Great while sheltered, but overwhelmed in the top4.

I don’t think either are ready for Klefbom’s minutes, but I think Broberg could be the clear option by the end of camp.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Where are all the galaxy brain Klefbom fan boys?

trAde NuRsE
BUilD arOuNd KlEf

Dude has been injured and out, or playing through injury, for four seasons now. Give it a f***ing rest.

i've never understood the preference of Klef over Nurse. Much of the time it seems like Klef is injured and Nurse having to fill in. Upside on Nurse has always been higher imo.

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
WHY!?
200.gif

Bad omen going into next year man... Thats a very bad omen. That's as Oilers as it gets.

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
I’m not really ready to bet on Jones yet. He’s been very Benning-like. Great while sheltered, but overwhelmed in the top4.

I don’t think either are ready for Klefbom’s minutes, but I think Broberg could be the clear option by the end of camp.

This is an issue that Nurse has too.

When given the opportunity he plays as though he is overwhelmed.

MuzzaFuzza

MVP(s)
Apr 20, 2012
Red Deer
Where are all the galaxy brain Klefbom fan boys?

trAde NuRsE
BUilD arOuNd KlEf

Dude has been injured and out, or playing through injury, for four seasons now. Give it a f***ing rest.

Why aren't people allowed to have a preference of one over the other without being a 'fan boy'? Not like Nurse is a top pairing guy as it is.

Will never understand the need to put down a certain player in order to make another one look better around here.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Not ready to bet on Jones, yet you're ready to bet on Broberg. Did you see broberg in sheltered minutes against Calgary?

GretzkytoKurri9917

"LIVE LONG AND PROSPER"
Oct 6, 2008
Gotham City
Nurse was like a -1 at 5on5 while playing like 20 minutes a game at 5on5 after the new year.

That's pretty successful for how bad our 3rd and 4th lines were at 5on5.

Watch his play during the playoffs and you would see him give the puck away multiple times.

It looked to me that he was overwhelmed and it caused him to panic.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Watch his play during the playoffs and you would see him give the puck away multiple times.

It looked to me that he was overwhelmed and it caused him to panic.
I also saw Draisaitl give the puck away multiple times in the play ins.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Nurse was doing it when more than one opponent began to work battle against him for the puck against the boards.

When given more of a responsibility he causes quite a few mental mistakes.
Either way, a 4 game sample size during unique circumstances is way to small to come to any conclusion.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
He was doing it during the season too.

IMO, Nurse needs to stay on the 2nd pairing until he proves he can handle a higher workload.
I agree with this.

We dont need to get rid of nurse, we need someone better than him to keep him on the second pairing, and maybe have a third pairing that we can play more than 10 minutes a game so his minutes aren't crazy.

Reactions: MesstoFace11

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why aren't people allowed to have a preference of one over the other without being a 'fan boy'? Not like Nurse is a top pairing guy as it is.

Will never understand the need to put down a certain player in order to make another one look better around here.
MuzzaFuzza for president!

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Klef needs to get surgery, why now? Shouldn't this have been done right after the play-ins? It's just weird imo

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
This is an issue that Nurse has too.

When given the opportunity he plays as though he is overwhelmed.

We were 2nd in the division with him and a rookie partner as our top pairing. It seems to me he's improving and the results prove it. We haven't had a reliable top 4 until this season since Sekera got hurt. Last year Nurse did well given Klefbom being hurt and Russell as his partner. Nurse has been getting more responsiblity every season and getting progressively better results. It seems to me you are building a narrative that's counter to the facts given what has happened. Nurse isn't the problem.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad