GDT: Kitty Cats versus Booins Watch Thread

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I still can't bring myself to root for the Panthers.

I will root for the Bruins... to suck so bad that they lose.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
(sorry edit)You can't lead the division since Oct 13th and then lose it at the end of the season. That's a choke job no matter how you try and twist it. I've been looking for more from the team. Now, they need to play up to their potential. If not, I blame Cooper and say he gets the axe.
Worse than a broken record. Come up with something new.

Reactions: The Macho Man

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Worse than a broken record. Come up with something new.
What do you think you sound like? I'm certainly not going to let you try to bully me around just because you don't like reality.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
So do we want NJ or Toronto?

I'm comfortable playing both, but would rather have New Jersey. They've had to play balls to the wall for the last 2 months, they must be worn down to some degree. They've played us well this season but I'm not convinced that will translate in the playoffs, as history has shown regular season head-to-head records can have little indication of how the series plays out. Toronto is deeper, more experienced, and better coached than NJ. For me though, the real reason is having home ice against Boston. That arena can be a nightmare during the playoffs.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

It doesn’t matter who we play!
PowerlessFavorableCrownofthornsstarfish-size_restricted.gif

We are going all the way!

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon

I think Bolts vs. the Leafs would be a very fun, high energy game and we probably have a decent chance of beating them over a series. I'd just rather our teams meet later in the Rounds. More fun to see them fighting in the ECF. :D

The Devils tend to bog down our speed game and has been a rough match up most of this season. But I think we can take them over a series as well.

I just want the Bruins to enjoy a first round exit regardless of who they play.

Who's the best hitting d-man on the Kitties?? Am hoping he lays a nice, HARD (yet clean & legal) hip check or open ice hit on Marchand.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Anyone saying Toronto is putting way too much stock in two one-goal losses. Toronto's skill level is much higher than New Jersey's.
I agree, but winning championships has always been a little bit of luck; injury luck, riding a hot goaltender luck, shooting luck. And honestly, the devils are really hot right now. I don’t want to face kinkaid and hall at this time.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
True, but Kincaid has been on a tear lately! But while it is nice to be able to focus on mostly just shutting down Taylor Hall, he's on a wicked hot streak too right now.
Hedman and Point together should be able to shut down Hall, but man Hall has been on a tear this season, first time ever in the playoffs. He's basically their whole offence. I think the next highest scoring player is like 40 points behind Hall

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Toronto also has better goaltending. If Anderson gets hot they could make a run.
I mean, maybe. But I don't think his mental game's rock solid. So that could go either way. Although, to be fair... um, yeah. Not gonna say it, but, yeah, goaltending is... a thing. For everybody.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Toronto worries me because their fans are the worst. And because Toronto fans are the worst, I feel like I've gotten a little too much enjoyment out of rubbing in our wins this year. So, I'm worried about fan karma. Boy, do I ever not want to have to hear it from their fans if they advance. I can't think of a worse way for the season to end, to be honest.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Hedman and Point together should be able to shut down Hall, but man Hall has been on a tear this season, first time ever in the playoffs. He's basically their whole offence. I think the next highest scoring player is like 40 points behind Hall

That's the thing, Hall is in his first fricking playoffs. Talk about being psyched up for it!! He's gonna be flying out there. But I had a weird feeling about Hall and went back to look up the games we played vs NJ. Here's the goals by Devils against us.

Oct. 17: Stafford, Palmieri (1st assist Hall), Gibbons, Stafford
Feb. 17: Lovejoy, Hischier (1st assist Hall), Zacha, Wood
March 24: Hischier, Palmieri (2nd assist Hall)

We've actually shut down Hall goal wise but he's still able to zap the occasional pass/assist to his buddies. Not sure what this means, if anything, 'cause the playoff are the playoffs, but thought it was interesting.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
That's the thing, Hall is in his first fricking playoffs. Talk about being psyched up for it!! He's gonna be flying out there. But I had a weird feeling about Hall and went back to look up the games we played vs NJ. Here's the goals by Devils against us.

Oct. 17: Stafford, Palmieri (1st assist Hall), Gibbons, Stafford
Feb. 17: Lovejoy, Hischier (1st assist Hall), Zacha, Wood
March 24: Hischier, Palmieri (2nd assist Hall)

We've actually shut down Hall goal wise but he's still able to zap the occasional pass/assist to his buddies. Not sure what this means, if anything, 'cause the playoff are the playoffs, but thought it was interesting.
If Heddy plays like he usually does in the playoffs, then I'm not sure Hall can be the difference maker that he'll realistically need to be.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
If Heddy plays like he usually does in the playoffs, then I'm not sure Hall can be the difference maker that he'll realistically need to be.

Here's hoping Hedmonster does make his usual playoff appearance. lol At least we have a good bit of deep run playoff experience throughout much of our roster. And I don't think Yanni has a non-playoff mode. Think he's been rocking PO beast mode all season. :laugh:

Reactions: Bolt 45

rangerrat

Jan 3, 2010
I’d rather face the Leafs than the Devils tbh.

Definitely agree with you. Home ice should be huge in a potential series vs. Boston (and anybody else for that matter).

But looking at the potential of facing Toronto or NJ, I’d pick Toronto. They’re very similar to us but we’re actually just better at everything they do well. Talent, speed, defense. A couple of days off for the team and especially Vas and I’m not one bit concerned with facing a hot Anderson. NJ is different. They always give us fits, clock up the ice, tighten up, play physical etc.
Big time Lightning fan here, living 100 miles from Toronto, Toronto s PP is amongst the Best in the League.I want No part of playing them in the first round but as we have left the door open to the rodents from Beantown, we will most likely get them. I can't see Florida playing tonite s game with any heart after getting it torn out yesterday. NJ doesn't scare me at all even though they have beaten us 3 times this season, Toronto WILL give our team fits with its goaltending,speed, youth & PP. Praying to get to second round!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad