GDT: Kitty Cats versus Booins Watch Thread

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Puck drops at 7:30 on NHL network here in the States. Kittens win in any fashion, we win the division. Booins win in any fashion, we play the Laffs in the first round.

Playoffs start TONIGHT! (in a way)

Game is in Boston. Both teams played last night. My guess is Rask gets the start in Boston since Khudobin played last night.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Panthers have nothing to play for. With a point they'll move over the Blues in the standing and makes their draft position worse.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Not a single player taking the ice gives a **** about that. Pride is a thing.

Agree these things don’t happen as much as people think. There is something about denying a team a division championship. Especially when it’s a team from your own division. Florida will play this one tough. Bruins will too though, they want that home ice.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
We didn't have enough pride to win the division apparently. So tired of excuses with this team.

How big was our division lead earlier in the year? Anyone, what was our largest point lead?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
We didn't have enough pride to win the division apparently. So tired of excuses with this team.

How big was our division lead earlier in the year? Anyone, what was our largest point lead?
Oh my god stop whining. We played a decent game last night and gave up two really fluky goals. 113 points is a lot in this league. Shit - we were only 4 back from the PT.

We just have bad luck of being in a pretty stacked division (at the top end). It happens. If at the beginning of the season someone told you we were going to finish the RS with 113 points, I think we'd all have taken that and run.

Coopers Gum

Extend Andrej Sustr
Mar 6, 2012
water spicket
So, the outcome of this game will decide if it's the Devils or the Leafs? My division and conference knowledge is all messed up since... well, realignment, really.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Will be interesting to see who Boston puts on the ice tonight. Are they going to rest up some of the guys who just returned from injury or do they want them to continue shaking off the rust or sit them so they don't get more injured or...???

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I’d rather face the Leafs than the Devils tbh.

For me it’s not so much about facing leafs or devils, it’s about getting home ice over Boston. Honestly don’t want to do game 7 there again but then again to be the best you have to beat the best so it would be epic to win a game 7 in Boston. Just really hard to. Also worth noting that the winner of the last two cups wasn’t the top seed in the east. Our team has it in them. Actually playing the leafs would be better for our offfense. Their d is not very good. This could get our offense going. Especially if Anderson doesn’t play well.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Oh my god stop whining. We played a decent game last night and gave up two really fluky goals. 113 points is a lot in this league. **** - we were only 4 back from the PT.

We just have bad luck of being in a pretty stacked division (at the top end). It happens. If at the beginning of the season someone told you we were going to finish the RS with 113 points, I think we'd all have taken that and run.

(sorry edit)You can't lead the division since Oct 13th and then lose it at the end of the season. That's a choke job no matter how you try and twist it. I've been looking for more from the team. Now, they need to play up to their potential. If not, I blame Cooper and say he gets the axe.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Will be interesting to see who Boston puts on the ice tonight. Are they going to rest up some of the guys who just returned from injury or do they want them to continue shaking off the rust or sit them so they don't get more injured or...???
We aren't resting anyone. It's all in.

The B's are hopeful that Rick Nash, Sean Kuraly and Riley Nash will be ready for game 1.

Our lines for tonight:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Backes
Heinen - Donato - Gionta
Schaller - Acciari - Wingels

Chara-McAvoy
Krug - Miller
Grzelcyk - McQuaid

Rask
Khudobin

Scratch: Nick Holden

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
For me it’s not so much about facing leafs or devils, it’s about getting home ice over Boston. Honestly don’t want to do game 7 there again but then again to be the best you have to beat the best so it would be epic to win a game 7 in Boston. Just really hard to. Also worth noting that the winner of the last two cups wasn’t the top seed in the east. Our team has it in them. Actually playing the leafs would be better for our offfense. Their d is not very good. This could get our offense going. Especially if Anderson doesn’t play well.
Definitely agree with you. Home ice should be huge in a potential series vs. Boston (and anybody else for that matter).

But looking at the potential of facing Toronto or NJ, I’d pick Toronto. They’re very similar to us but we’re actually just better at everything they do well. Talent, speed, defense. A couple of days off for the team and especially Vas and I’m not one bit concerned with facing a hot Anderson. NJ is different. They always give us fits, clock up the ice, tighten up, play physical etc.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Arguably, kinkaid and rask are the two hottest goalies in the league since December. I am not positive Boston makes it out of New Jersey. Just as I am not positive we make it out of Toronto.

As always, I don’t care how we climb the hill, but man I just want to make it over and enjoy the other side this time.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Definitely agree with you. Home ice should be huge in a potential series vs. Boston (and anybody else for that matter).

But looking at the potential of facing Toronto or NJ, I’d pick Toronto. They’re very similar to us but we’re actually just better at everything they do well. Talent, speed, defense. A couple of days off for the team and especially Vas and I’m not one bit concerned with facing a hot Anderson. NJ is different. They always give us fits, clock up the ice, tighten up, play physical etc.

And they are so boring to watch too. Leafs Lightning series would be worth price of admission for all who go to those games. Potential to be the most entertaining series. I think our guys have been chomping at the opportunity to get back to the playoffs though.

We’ve been so close and I think our guys are pumped to be back in the tournament this year. I truly believe we will see a different team in the playoffs than we have the last few months. It’s the playoffs! All teams pretty much are raising their games. We know how good we are when we do that. Really think if we find our game we will be tough to beat. Easier said than done though.

Reactions: Kelly

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012

Andersen. We feel the same way about Tampa as you do about us.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay

Does it really matter? The Bruins played .500+ hockey for 3 months no differently than we did after being leveled out to begin the year. We leveled out after playing .500+ hockey for 3 months. It's a wash. The team that has almost caught up to us still has a core of players who have been there and done that from their championship and in the meantime they re-tooled a great core with great young talent. You're being upset that a great team had a great season just like we did. Don't be so concerned with the appearance that we took our foot off the gas. What happened with us is normal. It's alright man. It really is. Keep in mind this team is coming back next year.

None of us really, REALLY need to be this upset for possibly NOT playing a Devils team that always finds a way to beat us, possibly losing home ice for only ONE playoff series provided we don't meet Winnipeg or Nashville in the SCF and an Atlantic Division banner. Our last 3 years have been destroyed by our best players being on the shelf either all season or at the worst possible time. Times when we were close to a championship that we could taste it. I sometimes started to wonder if it had not gotten to the point of curses. We responded by having bar none the best and most dominant season in Tampa Bay Lightning history this year.

I mean this in a good way. Go back and watch the last time we played Boston. They were healthy and we wiped the floor with them without Stamkos. It wasn't even close.

The Lightning have learned to pick and choose their battles. I'm not going to be upset we didn't go 900 mph against teams like Arizona and lost. I'd rather us blow a huge lead in the standings than seeing Victor Hedman shatter his hand blocking a shot against a non playoff team like them

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh my god stop whining. We played a decent game last night and gave up two really fluky goals. 113 points is a lot in this league. **** - we were only 4 back from the PT.

Remind me to buy you a drink if we ever meet

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
We aren't resting anyone. It's all in.

The B's are hopeful that Rick Nash, Sean Kuraly and Riley Nash will be ready for game 1.

Our lines for tonight:

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Debrusk - Krejci - Backes
Heinen - Donato - Gionta
Schaller - Acciari - Wingels

Chara-McAvoy
Krug - Miller
Grzelcyk - McQuaid

Rask
Khudobin

Scratch: Nick Holden

Ahh, that definitely answers my question. Thanks!

I certainly can understand them wanting their guys to be in top form for the upcoming Game 1.

Speaking only for myself, I'm actually hoping y'all face NJ and we get Toronto. NJ gave us fits all season long but we've managed to come back a few times vs. Toronto. Yeah, playoffs are different, but still. :D

Reactions: Alicat

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Not a single player taking the ice gives a **** about that. Pride is a thing.
I agree that the draft position isn't anywhere near their mind but I thought I'd mention it. Them being out of the playoffs is what could make make not care about this game.

Coburn and Condra

May 13, 2016
Iowa
Also, as was echoed above, you should never lose anything with 113 points. The Bruins would simply not stop winning down the stretch, and the margin of error became so ridiculously small that it made what should have been a meaningless game 82 against an average team, matter.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad