• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Put Mika back with Panarin and Tank
The line finally started clicking.... one bad period where everyone on the team was dead, must switch up the top6... It's the best Mika has looked all season IMO ( with bread and tank)

Gallant brings him back with Kreider and all the weird habits come back from both. Deciding not to shoot in A++++ scenarios. All you can do is shake your head in disbelief when they are 1 on 1 with a goalie and pass the puck off to a terrible angle.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Can't be unhappy with a win, though that one left something to be desired. Definitely frustrating to see the top 6 go back to the toxic combos but whatever. Happy for the kids to step up and build some confidence heading into the playoffs.

My one gripe has to be starting the game on time though. We can't be asleep for the first periods in the playoffs. Joe was making me pull my hair out when he kept saying "they haven't skated since Thursday night" ... Joe, that was less than 48 hours, they had A DAY off lmao

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Can't be unhappy with a win, though that one left something to be desired. Definitely frustrating to see the top 6 go back to the toxic combos but whatever. Happy for the kids to step up and build some confidence heading into the playoffs.

My one gripe has to be starting the game on time though. We can't be asleep for the first periods in the playoffs. Joe was making me pully hair out when he kept saying "they haven't skated since Thursday night" ... Joe, that was less than 48 hours, they had A DAY off lmao
The first period was ass which is a common theme for them especially on the road. After that they took it to them.

Reactions: Captain Lindy

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
It just baffles me that some of the fanbase here do not appreciate how much he has contributed to this team. Maybe the grittiest most tenacious player on the team right now.
Trocheck is one of the most solid players in the NHL with the safest floor on a nightly basis. Like Matty Tkachuk is a top 15 player in this league and was a no show in one of the biggest games of his teams season. Sure, he also has the potential to score 2 goals/3 points on any given night... but we really can't sah the former about Trocheck that there has been nights where he was a no show.

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
The line finally started clicking.... one bad period where everyone on the team was dead, must switch up the top6... It's the best Mika has looked all season IMO ( with bread and tank)

Gallant brings him back with Kreider and all the weird habits come back from both. Deciding not to shoot in A++++ scenarios. All you can do is shake your head in disbelief when they are 1 on 1 with a goalie and pass the puck off to a terrible angle.

Kreider/Zib/Tarasenko doesn't work because it takes our two best shooters and puts them with a player who is generally shoot first and not a gifted playmaker. Kreider is also heavily north-south when he's at his best. Tarasenko is very good at getting open but Kreider doesn't have the vision to get it to him. Panarin is a way better fit on that line and it's not even close. I also HATE seeing Tarasenko defer to Kreider on a rush, and I don't think he does that coming down on a 2-on-1 with Panarin. I also think Panarin finds a way to stay open on a 2-on-1 instead of doing as Kreider did there positioning himself even with the D.

Meanwhile, Kreider is a much better fit with Trocheck since they are both straight line players who are decent along the wall, and complement each other. Both can do the speed/win the battles on the wall things, which means Kane can hang back and try to get open ice and play puck distributor. Kreider also goes to the net without the puck. Trocheck/Panarin/Kane, it's very difficult for there to be any chemistry at all since neither Panarin nor Kane goes to the net. That leaves Trocheck to play along the wall to win pucks, which means he's not in front of the net either. Fluke goal aside, that line was hot ass for 2 periods, but GG probably patting himself on the back for Kane's goal.

The best 2 lines tonight were the 2 GG didn't F with, once the team found its legs. Good to see the kids actually bury a few. And the PP was atrocious - 90 second shifts by a completely ineffective first unit. Said it in the GDT I'll say it here. Drury needs to tell GG there's a sniper on the roof that's been instructed to fire if Panarin is on the ice with Trocheck or Kane the rest of the season.

Their best line combos are still:
10-93-91
Kids (use them as 2nd line just till playoffs to keep others' minutes down and get the kids' stamina up)
20-16-88
14-21-26

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230326_031919_Opera Mini.jpg
    Screenshot_20230326_031919_Opera Mini.jpg
    338.3 KB · Views: 2

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
abysmal start but they picked it up. frustrating how frequent our terrible starts are. we need to hunker down and start playing a complete 60 minutes. we can’t afford these terrible starts come playoff time
Florida came out of the gate hard, which makes sense considering the situation. The Rangers bent but didn’t break, and then overwhelmed Florida thereafter. Pretty much as good as we could have hoped for I think.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I also hope we find a way to hold on to Halak, should he want to continue. He's the perfect backup for us. Knows his role, and just does his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad