Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

Reactions: FultonReed

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
The Rangers continue to win.

Some think they could do a better job of running the team than Gallant does. What else is new?

You can picture the Rangers beating anyone in a 7-game series, although it's tough to envision them, or anyone else, beating Boston.

That said, anyone can beat anyone in the 1st round.

While the Kid line has no superstars, I could see them as a #1 line in a season or two.

I'm very happy with the state of the franchise.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
I'd like to see a list of the people who never voted for Chytil. They must have been watching a re run of some other game and mistook it as being what we were voting on.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Kids crashed the net and went to the middle of the ice. 2nd line started getting chances but 1st line did jack against a team that gives up chances left and right.

Fox may have saved a goal when he lifted Eric Kane's stick in the final minutes.

That’s just the reality of the nhl and why depth is so important. Not everyone is going to be going every night. But when you have a third line that can take over a game? With 3 first round picks and first and 2nd overall? That’s real depth Stanley Cup depth

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I'd like to see a list of the people who never voted for Chytil. They must have been watching a re run of some other game and mistook it as being what we were voting on.
Keep saying that he's gonna be a star! Just starting to realize just how good he can be. They had bettef never ever entertain trading him. I was terrified they were going to at one point. Wow, what a mistake that would have been.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
Anybody else feel that mikkola should stay with fox and try lindgren with schneider when healthy?

Could help strengthen the overall d pairings and mikkola hasnt looked put of place with fox.

Not that gallant would ever try this.

Oh and so glad the young man line is producing again. They just need to keep moving there feet and good things happen.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Dude is huge and what a great addition. Lanky, but so ehow handles the puck pretty well. Last night it was evident on how much of a heady player he is. Was "too close to NOT notice him, lol.

Lindgren gets bounced all over the rink. On a third pair sure but I’ll take a guy with this size and skating ability next to fox all day. Love his game.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Had 2nd ROW behind Bobrovsky lastnight. What an AMAZING experience! GF was like a child in a candy store. Needless to say, crowd was energetic and for $200 a ticket was a bargain AND felt like we were at MSG.
I started many chants, especially the awesome ones upon leaving.
Goooal, goooal, goooal.........hey, hey, hey,.......hey hey, hey hey hey hey hey!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Lindgren gets bounced all over the rink. On a third pair sure but I’ll take a guy with this size and skating ability next to fox all day. Love his game.
As much as I love and trust Lindy, if Niko can handle those minutes (seems he can, when we only had 4/5 for a while) then it would behoove us to lessen Lindy's load playing on 3rd pair. At least until PO's.

Reactions: skipmowerman

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Chytil is now at 41 points in 65 games, with 9 games left to play. He has 4 points in his last 5 games. If he can keep the hot streak going, he's got a (slim) chance at 50. I'll take 46 though, as that will double his previous high.

Kakko is up to 36 points. I'm hoping he can get at least 5 more points in the next 9 games, so that he'll finish at half a point per game (or better).

And the same with Laf, though he's at 34 points with 1 less game played than Kakko. I'd like to see him hit at least 40 points.

All three have taken a step forward this season. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Our schedule is actually not that bad the rest of the way. We play Columbus twice, Buffalo twice, and St. Louis, all teams in the bottom 7 in terms of goals against. We also play Washington and Tampa, who are tied for 13th at 3.08 against per game. The kid line should have opportunities to rack up some points.

Chytil has 10 multiple point games this season, Laf has 8 and Kakko has 7. Interestingly, those multi-point games are all 2 point games. None of them have scored 3 or more points in a game this season. Let's see if any of them can change that on Tuesday against the team that has let up the 2nd most goals in the league.

Reactions: Lua and Leonardo87

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Chytil is now at 41 points in 65 games, with 9 games left to play. He has 4 points in his last 5 games. If he can keep the hot streak going, he's got a (slim) chance at 50. I'll take 46 though, as that will double his previous high.

Kakko is up to 36 points. I'm hoping he can get at least 5 more points in the next 9 games, so that he'll finish at half a point per game (or better).

And the same with Laf, though he's at 34 points with 1 less game played than Kakko. I'd like to see him hit at least 40 points.

All three have taken a step forward this season. Hopefully they can keep it going.

Our schedule is actually not that bad the rest of the way. We play Columbus twice, Buffalo twice, and St. Louis, all teams in the bottom 7 in terms of goals against. We also play Washington and Tampa, who are tied for 13th at 3.08 against per game. The kid line should have opportunities to rack up some points.

Chytil has 10 multiple point games this season, Laf has 8 and Kakko has 7. Interestingly, those multi-point games are all 2 point games. None of them have scored 3 or more points in a game this season. Let's see if any of them can change that on Tuesday against the team that has let up the 2nd most goals in the league.
This line rarely has a bad game but they go through too many periods where they don't score. They have the collective talent to put up a lot more points than they do. I'm hoping next year they are all close to 60 point players. That's really where they should be given the talent.

Reactions: leetch99

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
I also hope we find a way to hold on to Halak, should he want to continue. He's the perfect backup for us. Knows his role, and just does his job.
I hope they find a way to keep him Tarasenko and the kids. I'd like to think Halak would want to stay around one more year given how close he is to 300 wins.
Obviously they'll need to find a way to move Goodrow in the offseason to even have a chance of making that happen.

Kakko and Ekblad were going at it, and I think Kakko was giving it to Ekblad after that Chytil goal lol. Nice to see that side from him as well.
This. Kakko's playstyle at this level is going to require him to be meaner and tougher to play against to create space for himself. Doesn't have to be dirty just won't take no guff kind of play and finishing his checks, wearing out defensemen, and retaliating when he needs to.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Interesting situation with the D now. I love the Mikkola-Fox pairing. Do we keep that going and pair Lindgren with Miller so he can focus on offense more?

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Kinda glad we have the next two days off. Can rewind a little and coming off a win is always nice to rest on the next two days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad