Post-Game Talk: Kitten

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This line rarely has a bad game but they go through too many periods where they don't score. They have the collective talent to put up a lot more points than they do. I'm hoping next year they are all close to 60 point players. That's really where they should be given the talent.
That's tough to do without consistent PP or top 6 ice time. If they were to get that time next season, I would expect them to hit those numbers.

Interesting situation with the D now. I love the Mikkola-Fox pairing. Do we keep that going and pair Lindgren with Miller so he can focus on offense more?
Miller and Lindgren are both lefties. I doubt they will be paired together. Lindgren and Schneider together might work to strengthen that pair, but I doubt Gallant would do it.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
That's tough to do without consistent PP or top 6 ice time. If they were to get that time next season, I would expect them to hit those numbers.
People underestimate the impact of PP when it comes to production. Scoring 60 even strength points would be a massive feat. With 10 games to go, there are 8 players who have scored more than 60 even strength points. Most teams have around 10 games left, so the final number will probably be like less than 20 players hitting 60 ESP. Panarin is our best point producer. He's at 52 ESP. He probably won't hit 60. Think about that.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
People underestimate the impact of PP when it comes to production. Scoring 60 even strength points would be a massive feat. With 10 games to go, there are 8 players who have scored more than 60 even strength points. Most teams have around 10 games left, so the final number will probably be like less than 20 players hitting 60 ESP. Panarin is our best point producer. He's at 52 ESP. He probably won't hit 60. Think about that.
And how many of those players with 60points es have more than 15 minutes of ice time in a game? Id assume all of them?

The kids do well with the ice time they're given, and as we saw yesterday, the more time they're given, the better they produce.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
The Rangers continue to win.

Some think they could do a better job of running the team than Gallant does. What else is new?

You can picture the Rangers beating anyone in a 7-game series, although it's tough to envision them, or anyone else, beating Boston.

That said, anyone can beat anyone in the 1st round.

While the Kid line has no superstars, I could see them as a #1 line in a season or two.

I'm very happy with the state of the franchise.
But let’s change things up and trade kids to sign more vets (“cause the window is now”) or trade kids for picks (“because they don’t get opportunities and don’t want to be here”)

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
But let’s change things up and trade kids to sign more vets (“cause the window is now”) or trade kids for picks (“because they don’t get opportunities and don’t want to be here”)
Is that a shot at trading Kravtsov? Or maybe Lias lol if anything we held onto Kravtsov too long probably could have gotten a 3rd for him last year or a second before he ditched Hartford but who would have expected him to do that over a haircut

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Anybody else feel that mikkola should stay with fox and try lindgren with schneider when healthy?

Could help strengthen the overall d pairings and mikkola hasnt looked put of place with fox.

Not that gallant would ever try this.

Oh and so glad the young man line is producing again. They just need to keep moving there feet and good things happen.
Probably not this year but it’s not a crazy idea to try next season we’re the rangers able to bring back Mikkola. Though I just can’t imagine them having the cap space.

Reactions: ZiGOODejad

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
He also confused Miller for Mikkola and was yelling about Patrick Kane getting the GWG then getting corrected and saying Chytil

Sam calling Patrick Kane Evander was hilarious. A player who was never a Ranger and on a team they barely play. It’s a odd mix up even for Sam.

And Mikkola has been playing great. I love the fact that he lets no one come near the goalies and actually gets in players faces whenever they come close without crossing the line. It’s something this team has lacked for some time.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Is that a shot at trading Kravtsov? Or maybe Lias lol if anything we held onto Kravtsov too long probably could have gotten a 3rd for him last year or a second before he ditched Hartford but who would have expected him to do that over a haircut
Two misshots fired. :DD

Reactions: romba

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Can't be unhappy with a win, though that one left something to be desired. Definitely frustrating to see the top 6 go back to the toxic combos but whatever. Happy for the kids to step up and build some confidence heading into the playoffs.

My one gripe has to be starting the game on time though. We can't be asleep for the first periods in the playoffs. Joe was making me pull my hair out when he kept saying "they haven't skated since Thursday night" ... Joe, that was less than 48 hours, they had A DAY off lmao
This is now a training camp for the play-offs and it is down to 3 weeks. Nothing wrong with mixing it up a little. Never hurts to have more than 1 look to throw at an opponent in a 7-game series. Patience.

Reactions: leetch99

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Sam calling Patrick Kane Evander was hilarious. A player who was never a Ranger and on a team they barely play. It’s a odd mix up even for Sam.

And Mikkola has been playing great. I love the fact that he lets no one come near the goalies and actually gets in players faces whenever they come close without crossing the line. It’s something this team has lacked for some time.
Here's a hot take. KEEPING Mikkola, dare I say that we need him OVER Tank or Kane.
Prob gonna lose Tank regardless, and if we get a deal with Kaner, then Niko should be in the mix, moving forward.. Then again, now that I really think about it, I guess it really comes down to "if" anyone of our young D are ready. uggh, I like Mikkola that much.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I know the kids had a good game, but SHOCKED nobody but me, voted for Schneider. Numerous hits, and solid defensive play. Unless I didn't see something that you guys saw on TV. Then again, I saw things you guys probably didn't.

• Love
Reactions: egelband and tlk

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
These trolls on the main boards keep bringing up Blais having 15 points in 22 games since the trade like he's the second coming of Gretzky
Rangers are a Cup contender, they don't need another 15 goal scorer. They need that one moment of quality in an elimination game, an OT or game 7 which only high level talent can provide. When that desperation time comes I sure as f*** want the puck on Tarasenko or Kane's stick versus some grinder.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Let Blais be a lesson to those "impatients" thinking he was cooked rather than needing time to recover from debilitating injury.

Outside of this - once Kane because a target for Drury there was no way for the Rangers to hold on to Blais (and Gauthier for that matter). So one way or another these guys would be off the roster at this point.

Sisu4ever

Jan 6, 2020
I know the kids had a good game, but SHOCKED nobody but me, voted for Schneider. Numerous hits, and solid defensive play. Unless I didn't see something that you guys saw on TV. Then again, I saw things you guys probably didn't.
Many others besides the kid line also deserved votes, but most, if not all, limited their votes to three players. I think one can vote for more than three.

Reactions: leetch99

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Let Blais be a lesson to those "impatients" thinking he was cooked rather than needing time to recover from debilitating injury.

Outside of this - once Kane because a target for Drury there was no way for the Rangers to hold on to Blais (and Gauthier for that matter). So one way or another these guys would be off the roster at this point.
Except Blais literally flipped a switch THE SECOND he got traded there, lol. It might just be a matter of him being comfortable in one spot and with one team.

Reactions: Greg02 and romba

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA
These trolls on the main boards keep bringing up Blais having 15 points in 22 games since the trade like he's the second coming of Gretzky
Guy was a bum here. Getting a useful player for a useless one is a win. Even if he becomes useful elsewhere.

Exactly. F*** Blais. The fact he's playing well around the net just cements that he played like a bum on this team since that was his one job.

Tarasenko is miles better and I'd make that trade 100 times out of 100. Just hoping we can find a way to keep him and the kids (which would mean moving on from Goodrow)

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
not sure why you or anyone else would give a shit what the main boards say about this....they will look to criticize the Rangers at any point.

Please dont take the bait fellow NYR fans.

Yeah want to emphasize this. Also, you are on your own there, dudes. lol

Main forum is a different animal. Would just ignore it. I’m actually happy for Blais. Just didn’t work here. Mikkola has been good, so has Tarasenko. Call it a win win trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino