Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The Hockey Gods are omnipotent!
Global News: Ontario minister gets helping hand from Kingston man after car breaks down on Hwy. 401.
Ontario minister gets helping hand from Kingston man after car breaks down on Hwy. 401

"...And my Frontenacs, Lisa, I love them so much. They sure bring in the tourism as well. We have this Shane Wright guy that just loooooves to play hockey and people are coming in just to watch this guy. Well? Not this year, though. For SOME reason."

Reactions: JoelKRangers

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
upload_2021-3-14_15-32-42.png

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The "shortened" season is likely to happen. The question is whether the games will be televised. Nothing from the OHL about this at this point but you would think that will happen. While fans won't be allowed AT the games, they will most certainly want to be engaged with their team any way they can.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
The "shortened" season is likely to happen. The question is whether the games will be televised. Nothing from the OHL about this at this point but you would think that will happen. While fans won't be allowed AT the games, they will most certainly want to be engaged with their team any way they can.

I've said all along that they should be negotiating with all the potential sponsors and cable companies. They have had good coverage for years but have cut back recent years due to the costs involved. One would think that the salespeople at the OHL could bring in some "higher end" advertisers to expand cable coverage?

I have the feeling, though, that the OHL will take advantage with their own coverage available online. Fairly decent most of the time but, IMHO, not as stable and clear as cable.

Reactions: EvenSteven

JoelKRangers

Aug 31, 2018
If there's a season, which I think is probably likely now, who do you think will be the Rangers captain for the 2021 season? And who do you think will lead the team in scoring? I hope to hear the announcement of a season soon.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
If there's a season, which I think is probably likely now, who do you think will be the Rangers captain for the 2021 season? And who do you think will lead the team in scoring? I hope to hear the announcement of a season soon.

For the leadership group, I'm gonna say:

Captain: Vukojevic
Assistants: Petizian, Sebrango, McDonnell, Valade/Xhekaj

And scoring, I'll give my top 5:
1. Pinelli
2. Petizian
3. McDonnell
4. Vukojevic
5. Wismer

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

My first choice would be Vuko. But considering he could/should be moved ASAP for futures, I would just go ahead and give the captaincy to Petizian.

Once Vuko is dealt, Petizian will be the longest servicing Ranger. He should be back in 20-21 as an OA so he’d remain captain. He has been a captain before arriving in Kitchener so experience is there. He’ll put points on the board. The work ethic and take no prisoners attitude is there.

Just about all the boxes are checked.

As far as leading scorer goes, it’ll be tight but I see the top three being, in order:

1) Pinelli
2) Sebrango
3) Valade

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
My first choice would be Vuko. But considering he could/should be moved ASAP for futures, I would just go ahead and give the captaincy to Petizian.

Once Vuko is dealt, Petizian will be the longest servicing Ranger. He should be back in 20-21 as an OA so he’d remain captain. He has been a captain before arriving in Kitchener so experience is there. He’ll put points on the board. The work ethic and take no prisoners attitude is there.

As far as leading scorer goes, it’ll be tight but I see the top three being, in order:

1) Pinelli
2) Sebrango
3) Valade

I think Valade will unfortunately be the odd one out on the power play, which is where Damiani, Yantsis, Hugg & Meireles were all able to take their games to the next level in 18-19.

Assuming they go 4 forwards I think the coaching staff will be higher on having Pinelli, Petizian, McDonnell and Wismer with either Sebrango or Vukojevic.

I hope I’m wrong and he can get in there somehow. Seems like he can never catch a break since being drafted here, took him till after the Christmas break to score his first goal in his 16 year old year & his draft year was riddled with injuries and a deep roster that never really allowed for him to show scouts what he’s all about.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

1) Pinelli
2) Sebrango
3) Valade

McDonnell will be in that mix I think! And with a shortened season, I'd be surprised if MM's phone hasn't already been busy with interest in Vuks. Agreed....Petizian is a dynamo....reminds me of Catenacci.

jmkrangers

Aug 28, 2012
Some celebratory moments from the past to enjoy while hope dwindles for a season this year:

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
The World Juniors should be interesting this year. (Assuming Covid is in the rear view mirror). Quite a few OHL, Canadian, 2002 born players are playing in the AHL this year. This is a significantly higher level of play than the OHL. They will be eligible to play at the World Juniors. It's analogous to the European players who come to the World Juniors out of European professional leagues. They tend to excel at the World Juniors. This time around Canada will have a bunch of players with that same level of experience.
It should provide us a significant advantage over previous Canadian World Juniors teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad