Kitchener Rangers 2020 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
if things aren't fully back to normal by then and their is limited capacity or what have you, Rogers might be able to do seem decent tv ratings again if they broadcast the games. At half capacity, that's a good number of fans potentially watching on top of the people who mainly just stay home and watch.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
if things aren't fully back to normal by then and their is limited capacity or what have you, Rogers might be able to do seem decent tv ratings again if they broadcast the games. At half capacity, that's a good number of fans potentially watching on top of the people who mainly just stay home and watch.
But knowing Rogers they will feature "toad racing" instead or some programming no one watches!

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Now that there’s a soft date on when the season will start, and it seems as if the Americans/Euros will be here, this is my early stab at the opening night lineup as of now:

Langdon-Pinelli-McDonnell
Valade-Petizian-Fishman
Sop-LeBlanc-Serpa
Martin- -Dickerson

Vukojevic-Xhekaj
MacPherson-Sebrango
Wale-Ottavainen
Motew

Cajan
Parsons

Scratches- Swick, J. LeBlanc

I think there will be changes between now and December 1, but this is just as of now for me. 11 F and 7 D because there’s too many D right now that could play every night. Martin and Swick rotate as the 11th forward to start. Motew and LeBlanc rotate as the 7th D.

I have to imagine MM plans on signing/trading for another forward or 2. 64 games from December-late April is going to be tough. I’m also not a fan of having 19 year old Graham Dickerson play 4th line minutes that could be given to a 16/17 year old.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Now that there’s a soft date on when the season will start, and it seems as if the Americans/Euros will be here, this is my early stab at the opening night lineup as of now:

Langdon-Pinelli-McDonnell
Valade-Petizian-Fishman
Sop-LeBlanc-Serpa
Martin- -Dickerson

Vukojevic-Xhekaj
MacPherson-Sebrango
Wale-Ottavainen
Motew

Cajan
Parsons

Scratches- Swick, J. LeBlanc

I think there will be changes between now and December 1, but this is just as of now for me. 11 F and 7 D because there’s too many D right now that could play every night. Martin and Swick rotate as the 11th forward to start. Motew and LeBlanc rotate as the 7th D.

I have to imagine MM plans on signing/trading for another forward or 2. 64 games from December-late April is going to be tough. I’m also not a fan of having 19 year old Graham Dickerson play 4th line minutes that could be given to a 16/17 year old.

I can’t believe that we would have 19-year-old Dickerson in the lineup ahead of a Swick. Different perhaps if we were contending this year, but we’re not.

Also, I think we move out one of our overage defenseman. Motew needs more minutes this season. We have to make room.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I can’t believe that we would have 19-year-old Dickerson in the lineup ahead of a Swick. Different perhaps if we were contending this year, but we’re not.

Also, I think we move out one of our overage defenseman. Motew needs more minutes this season. We have to make room.

If I’m GM, I’m shopping Wale and Vukojevic. I’d rather keep MacPherson around, been here longer and IMO provides a more steady game on both sides of the ice. Keep a top 4 D of Sebrango, MacPherson, Xhekaj and Ottavainen.

On forward, there isn’t much you can do. The only forwards I could see getting moved are Langdon or Dickerson. Dickerson would be a Joe Rupoli type deal where they just ship him to whoever will take him for a 12th round pick and get the young guys more minutes. Langdon I think needs to have a big season if he wants to stay in the long term plans. Valade, Petizian, McDonnell and Pinelli are all almost locks to be top 6 forwards for the next 2 seasons and guys like Serpa, Fishman, LeBlanc, Sop, etc. are going to start to fill out those depth roles.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Cutter Gauthier has committed to Boston College. Kitchener Rangers 4th round pick from 2020.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If I’m GM, I’m shopping Wale and Vukojevic. I’d rather keep MacPherson around, been here longer and IMO provides a more steady game on both sides of the ice. Keep a top 4 D of Sebrango, MacPherson, Xhekaj and Ottavainen.

On forward, there isn’t much you can do. The only forwards I could see getting moved are Langdon or Dickerson. Dickerson would be a Joe Rupoli type deal where they just ship him to whoever will take him for a 12th round pick and get the young guys more minutes. Langdon I think needs to have a big season if he wants to stay in the long term plans. Valade, Petizian, McDonnell and Pinelli are all almost locks to be top 6 forwards for the next 2 seasons and guys like Serpa, Fishman, LeBlanc, Sop, etc. are going to start to fill out those depth roles.

Vukojevic for McKinney or Pitt, 2 2nds, 3rd. How close do you think that is to getting it done?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Vukojevic for McKinney or Pitt, 2 2nds, 3rd. How close do you think that is to getting it done?

For Vukojevic, I think we can expect no worse a return than the Noel trade. That was 2x2nds, 2x3rds and Stepien.

Then, taking into consideration the fact that Vukojevic could very well be the top D made available up to and at the deadline, where Noel wasn’t that among F’s last year, the cost might be a tad more.

For me, if we can’t get an 03 a little more high end (relax, not Harrison), I’d want the same picks as the Noel deal plus maybe one of McKinney/Gagnier.

So for me, I maybe go with either:
2x2nds. 2x3rds and one of McKinney/Gagnier, or

2nd, 3rd, and Michaud.

If you guys host, you won’t stop at Vukojevic. That means one or two veteran F’s as well. How much will a Michaud factor on this year’s Generals team? Likely not enough to kill a Vuko deal.

Just spitballing.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
For Vukojevic, I think we can expect no worse a return than the Noel trade. That was 2x2nds, 2x3rds and Stepien.

Then, taking into consideration the fact that Vukojevic could very well be the top D made available up to and at the deadline, where Noel wasn’t that among F’s last year, the cost might be a tad more.

For me, if we can’t get an 03 a little more high end (relax, not Harrison), I’d want the same picks as the Noel deal plus maybe one of McKinney/Gagnier.

2nd, 3rd, and Michaud.

If you guys host, you won’t stop at Vukojevic. That means one or two veteran F’s as well. How much will a Michaud factor on this year’s Generals team? Likely not enough to kill a Vuko deal.

Just spitballing.

I would want to see 2x 2nd, 1x 3rd and Michaud. Maybe make it 1x 2nd and 2x 3rd. Depends on when it happens I think. If it’s pre-December it’s hard to say what Michaud is going to be this season. but if it’s during the season there will be a much better idea of what value he adds to the deal and therefore which picks should be included as well

East Avenue Bully

Jan 9, 2020
That season ticket survey was weird -- makes me wonder if the season (even with Dec 2020 start date) is in jeopardy. At the very least, there must have been a whack of season ticket holders not renewing.

Matttheleaf

Apr 18, 2019
That season ticket survey was weird -- makes me wonder if the season (even with Dec 2020 start date) is in jeopardy. At the very least, there must have been a whack of season ticket holders not renewing.
Was this survey on the Rangers website or was it somewhere else?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario

I think it's in jeopardy for sure. I don't see how these teams are in anything but limbo right now? They are desperately trying to create plans to return but they simply don't have the right information or approvals to really plan on anything yet. And based on what we do know and see from other indoor sport and contact sport leagues with travel, it's hard to see how that's going to change by December.

I hate to be a cynic, but I think unless they have a solid no/few fan plan, it likely isn't happening. The survey did tease though what they're looking at. All options are clearly being considered. For the sake of the players, I hope they find a way, but it won't be easy (or profitable).

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017

2nd, 3rd, and Michaud.

Just spitballing.

Yeah Michaud will likely be used as trade bait. He probably wouldn’t be a factor on the Gens until the 2022 season

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I think it's in jeopardy for sure. I don't see how these teams are in anything but limbo right now? They are desperately trying to create plans to return but they simply don't have the right information or approvals to really plan on anything yet. And based on what we do know and see from other indoor sport and contact sport leagues with travel, it's hard to see how that's going to change by December.

I hate to be a cynic, but I think unless they have a solid no/few fan plan, it likely isn't happening. The survey did tease though what they're looking at. All options are clearly being considered. For the sake of the players, I hope they find a way, but it won't be easy (or profitable).
I don't think profitable is even on the table at this point. It's a matter of how much loss teams are willing/able to absorb. Is anyone willing to step up and subsidize? NHL, players etc. Personally I don't think the government will do much, especially on their own.

Under these conditions, I think any trade offers on the table should be strongly considered. There's likely to be a lot of conditions attached.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Saginaw could use Vukojevic as they could use him on backend if they are going to make a run for it again this year. Also, glut of forwards that are all pretty solid and fighting for playing time.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Saginaw could use Vukojevic as they could use him on backend if they are going to make a run for it again this year. Also, glut of forwards that are all pretty solid and fighting for playing time.

Any team who's trying to win could use him haha. He's surely going to be a top 5 defender in the league next year. Perhaps top 3

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Agreed completely....that's why I'd like to see him in Saginaw....lol

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
What would Saginaw potentially offer for Vuko? They only have 3 seconds and 0 thirds over the next 4 years. That puts them in the bottom 20% for draft capital in the league. Are they really in a position to buy this season?

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
What would Saginaw potentially offer for Vuko? They only have 3 seconds and 0 thirds over the next 4 years. That puts them in the bottom 20% for draft capital in the league. Are they really in a position to buy this season?

They have to. Last season for Suzuki/Millman/Grewe. Could potentially be the last season for Perfetti if he goes top 10

They could have to move both Bloom and Codd since they can't trade any '04s with Fantilli not coming yet

But I agree with you, I don't think they'd be in the market for a guy like Vukojevic. Instead they'll likely be more after 4/5 good players rather than 1/2 great players

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019

Draft cupboard looks shitty for sure but we simply have too many forwards and that seems to be a gap for Kitchener. Would have to be some live bodies as opposed to futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad