Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Not to question MM but on this pregame interview it sounded like he gave them a pass for last night's effort. Tonight should be a wake-up call for him and the team.

Reactions: EvenSteven

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
Dreadful! We flunked this weekend's test. I suppose the positive response would be to say, "Better now than in the playoffs" but this team looks lifeless. Very much like a McKee team. Cannot blame the refs again. More stupid penalties. No PK or PP. No extra gear from Ingham. Or perhaps he has been playing in that extra gear all along due to the non-existence of any sort of defense in front of him? No push back and no hitting. Sorting things out is mild.......this team needs to work things out quick! At this point, I see a date with Windsor in the playoffs and it will not be easy. Heck, I'm not even sure if we'll have home advantage as they have 3 games on us!

I know I sound like I am panicking and the sky is falling but, hey, it's panic time. Either fix things NOW or accept that this is who we truly are.

Mar 12, 2009
maybe it's for the best that this one wasn't on tv

Without a focused HFBoard, you guys are doomed. DOOMED!
That's not what it said, might want to read it again, or a few times, to get it right if this is any indication of your literacy skills

Last edited:
Reactions: bobber

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
With Valade out now, two of the three rotating 4th liners will in the lineup. If it were me, I’d bring in all three of Serpa, Dickerson and Fishman against Hamilton.

Reactions: GeoBlue

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
It's all been said and said well.

Discipline goes out the door when most teams play the Knights. When they start yapping, smile and skate away. Use that anger for more determination to score against them, that's what can burn them. Thye know exactly how to get under their opponent's head.

London's special teams are always, year after year incredibly good. They are as a team dedicated to great defence and their skill and ability to capitalize on any small mistake or opening is amazing.

Kudos to them. They're in the Rangers heads and our heads too. All focus is lost when that happens.
Agree with pretty much your whole post but will add London is ranked 12th in PP opportunities and it’s so close they could easily be 16th out of 20 teams? They are as you note good at getting in their opponents head ( their coach was one of the all time greats in the NHL) so no real surprise that they play this way. But this season anyway not really translating to lots of PP time compared to other OHL teams? Good Luck tough loss last night don’t think this is the Rangers team we will see come playoffs!

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
With Valade out now, two of the three rotating 4th liners will in the lineup. If it were me, I’d bring in all three of Serpa, Dickerson and Fishman against Hamilton.
why is Valade out, did I miss something?

LolaT200

Feb 10, 2020
Not to get too technical, - but the Rangers have lost their Mojo.
You lose your Mojo when your power play gives up more goals than it scores.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
I was shocked at the score last night but not surprised at the outcome. The London game was HUGE for both teams and emotions ran high if not the highest they have all season. The next day, even London had to dig deep over lowly Kingston to push beyond 4-4 in the middle of the 3rd.

Sag had something to prove and came out as expected. Kitchener did not respond. When you see the first goal come up and it's Dickerson...a kid who hasn't been on the ice since who knows when, you know there's a problem. And despite being told that emotions got in the way of playing London, emotions were not capped and the energy was not there. MM was right to bench Damiani and Yantsis...two team leaders...who failed their team last night.

MM said that it's a hard lesson....an embarrassing one. That's for sure. But the sky is only falling if the boys keep their tails between their legs and allow it to. This is the same team that rang off how many wins?? They need to get the train back on the tracks and return to their winning ways. And coaches need to shake up that PP unit. Way overdue.

Hamilton can be beaten if Rangers come out flying...as they should after that absolute mess in Saginaw. And London faces Ottawa...a powerhouse that's deeper than the Knights. It's an opportunity for the Rangers. Time to show Rangers Nation that they learned their lesson and are ready to move on.

Reactions: JoelKRangers

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
why is Valade out, did I miss something?

Left the game half way through with what is now being called an upper body injury.

Though, I thought I read somewhere that he was going to be out for a bit but now I can’t find it. So perhaps they kept him out of the rest of last nights game for procautuonary reasons.

Last edited:

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Dreadful! We flunked this weekend's test. I suppose the positive response would be to say, "Better now than in the playoffs" but this team looks lifeless. Very much like a McKee team. Cannot blame the refs again. More stupid penalties. No PK or PP. No extra gear from Ingham. Or perhaps he has been playing in that extra gear all along due to the non-existence of any sort of defense in front of him? No push back and no hitting. Sorting things out is mild.......this team needs to work things out quick! At this point, I see a date with Windsor in the playoffs and it will not be easy. Heck, I'm not even sure if we'll have home advantage as they have 3 games on us!

I know I sound like I am panicking and the sky is falling but, hey, it's panic time. Either fix things NOW or accept that this is who we truly are.
The more I think about this, I agree with you that it looks like a McKee team. Or a Smith team etc.

I've always thought there has been a culture problem in the dressing room since Deboer left. These things die hard as it carries on from season to season with the returning players. In my opinion it's the vets that have let us down in recent games. The work ethic we had when MM took over the bench hasn't been there. We have been beating the lower level teams for the most part so it hasn't been that noticeable to some.

The good news is MM did change the culture quickly when he took over. The bad news is, to change it again, he has to first recognize there's a problem. So far it's not apparent he has.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Left the game half way through with what is now being called an upper body injury.

Though, I thought I read somewhere that he was going to be out for a bit but now I can’t find it. So perhaps they kept him out of the rest of last nights game for procautuonary reasons.

Brown's Game Day for Hamilton states that Valade's status is unclear. You have to wonder whether he will be rested today rather than risk anything further. Depends on how bad his injury is.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
maybe it's for the best that this one wasn't on tv

I caught the webcast and it was curious how every commercial break was exclusively ads for competing hospitals or Bud 'hard' seltzer ... go 'merica :rolly: Tough to watch, we just weren't in the game after the first though the local commentators seemed convincingly wary that we might push back until late in the 3rd.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

do you think it's worth rotating Motew in as a 4th line forward a couple times while Valade's out and there's 2 spots to be had on that 4th line? hasn't played since January 17th and barring 2 injuries on the backend, probably won't play for the rest of the season.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The consistency of effort has sure dropped of late. A lot more spectating going on again in our end. Inexcusable lazy plays like Hamilton's 4th goal where Pinelli had him and just stopped skating.

Way too much quitting going on after short battles. And the PK continues to look lost.

It's the dog days after a great run so it's not surprising to see cracks. You just don't like those cracks to be in effort/compete level. Thankfully it's fixable.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I caught the webcast and it was curious how every commercial break was exclusively ads for competing hospitals or Bud 'hard' seltzer ... go 'merica :rolly: Tough to watch, we just weren't in the game after the first though the local commentators seemed convincingly wary that we might push back until late in the 3rd.

I AM tempted to visit Saginaw for some of that Jet's Pizza! LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad