Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I think it’s about time they let Serron Noel heal up his back injury. every game they talk about how he hasn’t quite found his game because of that nagging back injury that hasn’t healed yet.

I’m no doctor, but if I had to guess, the way he plays isn’t going to make it heal any quicker. the playoff run won’t be as long as we’d like it to be if he is playing through a back injury the whole time.

throw Langdon up there with Meireles-Hawel (don’t want to mess up MPP line chemistry and assume other top line will stay the same)

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
also, do we know if it’s their plan to go into the playoffs and play 11 F and 7 D? I hope not. 7 D takes away from the ice time of everyone back there. and the 4th line shifts are supposed to be energy builders for the top lines, but it’s hard for them to get any energy when one of them has to go out for those shifts.

the only thing is, who do you scratch on D if there’s only 6 playing? probably Ville the way Xhekaj and Wale are playing?

Reactions: rangersblues

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I think it’s about time they let Serron Noel heal up his back injury. every game they talk about how he hasn’t quite found his game because of that nagging back injury that hasn’t healed yet.

I’m no doctor, but if I had to guess, the way he plays isn’t going to make it heal any quicker. the playoff run won’t be as long as we’d like it to be if he is playing through a back injury the whole time.

throw Langdon up there with Meireles-Hawel (don’t want to mess up MPP line chemistry and assume other top line will stay the same)
It's time to do something to fix whatever ails Noel. It's not working the way things are going. He's bogging down the top line and pp.

Reactions: MatthewsMoustache

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

Well, maybe Noel needs to refrain from the fighting then. I get it....he is trying to leave an impression and win the crowd. But we got him to be a top 6.

It brings up another frustration of mine........why do we always go for the injured reserves come trade deadline. Did we not get Logan Brown while he was nursing an injury? Sort of a risky gamble for the amount of picks it is costing us. Fortunately, Logan came back and gave us a good playoff run though I will never be convinced he was 100%. But if this is the same situation with Noel, then I agree, rest him up NOW, give the 4th liners some ice time until he is ready to go at 100%. The chemistry will come quicker if he is running on a full tank.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
the only thing is, who do you scratch on D if there’s only 6 playing? probably Ville the way Xhekaj and Wale are playing?

Not lost on me is the fact Xhekaj is getting important minutes on D that he didn’t get not long ago. Last night (yes, Vukojovic was one of the players in the box), it was Xhekaj as the line D out there helping kill a two man advantage.

Doesn’t sound like the type of guy you’d designate as a healthy scratch.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018

Reactions: rangersblues

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Let the healing begin!
Wow...I mentioned to Josh brown if the Record wants me as a subscriber again that I need the paper close to my door. Not under my car as it has been or in my garden or up in our tree. Phoned and talked to "subscriptions and customer retention" about 4x on this matter and was promised better delivery but still remained the same. So we just buy at the corner store. I guess he was upset with me and now I'm blocked by him. Yes, I could go electronic but I'm an old fuddy duddy and like the print version. Not sure if blocking ppl is the way to get me as a subscriber again.

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well, maybe Noel needs to refrain from the fighting then. I get it....he is trying to leave an impression and win the crowd. But we got him to be a top 6.

It brings up another frustration of mine........why do we always go for the injured reserves come trade deadline. Did we not get Logan Brown while he was nursing an injury? Sort of a risky gamble for the amount of picks it is costing us. Fortunately, Logan came back and gave us a good playoff run though I will never be convinced he was 100%. But if this is the same situation with Noel, then I agree, rest him up NOW, give the 4th liners some ice time until he is ready to go at 100%. The chemistry will come quicker if he is running on a full tank.

Hopefully, the Rangers have learned a lesson from how they handled Connor Hall a couple years ago. Should never have played him in nothing games down the stretch with that shoulder. I said as much on here. The rest is history.

If Noel has back issues, put him on the shelf until he’s 100%. He’s no good to us on IR or way less than 100% in the post season.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hopefully, the Rangers have learned a lesson from how they handled Connor Hall a couple years ago. Should never have played him in nothing games down the stretch with that shoulder. I said as much on here. The rest is history.

If Noel has back issues, put him on the shelf until he’s 100%. He’s no good to us on IR or way less than 100% in the post season.
Must be a bugger trying to keep playing with a painful back.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Well, we knew we’d get a game like this sooner or later.

Still a little over a period to play but it doesn’t look good. Flint just looks a lot better tonight.

Reactions: MJ5

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Wow...I mentioned to Josh brown if the Record wants me as a subscriber again that I need the paper close to my door. Not under my car as it has been or in my garden or up in our tree. Phoned and talked to "subscriptions and customer retention" about 4x on this matter and was promised better delivery but still remained the same. So we just buy at the corner store. I guess he was upset with me and now I'm blocked by him. Yes, I could go electronic but I'm an old fuddy duddy and like the print version. Not sure if blocking ppl is the way to get me as a subscriber again.
Same problem and they promised to do something about it. And amazingly, they did! 98% of the time it ends up on my front porch. How many times do you see newspapers at the bottom of driveways or out on the road? Lots. Does nothing for a method of information that is old school.

Reactions: Ward Cornell

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Well, we knew we’d get a game like this sooner or later.

Still a little over a period to play but it doesn’t look good. Flint just looks a lot better tonight.
So how was the 3rd? Rangers won it 1-0 so it looks like they pushed back but couldn't get that goal to tie it up. No matter what, it was only a matter of time that this happened. Gee...I guess the Rangers will fall out of the coveted CHL Top 10!!!! Lol :rolleyes: Hopefully a lesson learned by the team. We'll see how they do in the Soo.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
So how was the 3rd? Rangers won it 1-0 so it looks like they pushed back but couldn't get that goal to tie it up. No matter what, it was only a matter of time that this happened. Gee...I guess the Rangers will fall out of the coveted CHL Top 10!!!! Lol :rolleyes: Hopefully a lesson learned by the team. We'll see how they do in the Soo.

No shame losing to Flint. I believe they’re the hottest team since the deadline.

Yeah we had a good third period and Ingham slammed the door allowing us to make it close.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
February 14 and 15. Mark them on your calendar.

I’ll predict we split those games. It’s a toss up though which we win and lose. But considering London’s usually doing well at the Aud, I’ll predict we lose to them and win in Saginaw.

The top three/four in the conference could go to the final weekend before its decided.

moose311

Dec 30, 2015
I’ll predict we split those games. It’s a toss up though which we win and lose. But considering London’s usually doing well at the Aud, I’ll predict we lose to them and win in Saginaw.

The top three/four in the conference could go to the final weekend before its decided.

That Feb 14 game is not at the Aud, it's in London.

echothree

Nov 20, 2019
Looks like Feb 15-16 is some sort of Cheerleading championships at the Aud, I'd guess they are doing setup for that on the 14th so the whole weekend is away games for the Rangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad