Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
does MM send in a video of Xhekaj being instigated upon

It's possible but I also wonder if the refs called their bluff and knew that was a staged instigation. I called it in warmups when the two of them had a long conversation at centre ice and were clearly making plans. I said to my neighbour that I guaranteed the discussion was about how MJ had to appear to instigate it because X was at his fight limit. And that's exactly what happened. If they didn't fool me, odds are they didn't fool the league or refs either. Just sayin'.

You guys will be a force come playoffs. good luck! Hope u come out of the west.

I am serious when I say Sarnia may be the most talented last place team I've ever seen. They are flush with talent up front. Sadly, they are also as bad a defending team as I've seen. All of that adds up to garbage coaching.

Lastly, did anyone see what happened to Langdon? Losing another body is not what they need.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
It's possible but I also wonder if the refs called their bluff and knew that was a staged instigation. I called it in warmups when the two of them had a long conversation at centre ice and were clearly making plans. I said to my neighbour that I guaranteed the discussion was about how MJ had to appear to instigate it because X was at his fight limit. And that's exactly what happened. If they didn't fool me, odds are they didn't fool the league or refs either. Just sayin'.

I am serious when I say Sarnia may be the most talented last place team I've ever seen. They are flush with talent up front. Sadly, they are also as bad a defending team as I've seen. All of that adds up to garbage coaching.

Lastly, did anyone see what happened to Langdon? Losing another body is not what they need.

don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure Jakovljevic was at fight limit too. they were definitely staging the fight in that warmup chat tho lol. they’ve wanted it for a couple games now

Reactions: East Avenue Bully

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
It's possible but I also wonder if the refs called their bluff and knew that was a staged instigation. I called it in warmups when the two of them had a long conversation at centre ice and were clearly making plans. I said to my neighbour that I guaranteed the discussion was about how MJ had to appear to instigate it because X was at his fight limit. And that's exactly what happened. If they didn't fool me, odds are they didn't fool the league or refs either. Just sayin'..
Both were at their fight limit. They both are suspended 2 games now

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Once again (broken record) Langdon was caught open ice with a big hit.

It happened a couple minutes into the second near the end of his shift. He'd just passed off the puck. Not sure if he was hit in the head though as I saw it only once.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
don’t quote me but I’m pretty sure Jakovljevic was at fight limit too. they were definitely staging the fight in that warmup chat tho lol. they’ve wanted it for a couple games now

Both were at their fight limit. They both are suspended 2 games now

Oh, he was indeed. But big difference between a fighter on a last place team and one on a team with a huge 1st place battle in the next two games. I still very much guarantee X was negotiating to only take the fight if Marko staged as the instigator.

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens
Tim I think you are giving OHL officials waaaaayyyy more credit then they deserve here.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
shouldn’t Xhekaj and Jakovljevic been yanked from the game? there’s no transparency from the league on this stuff. and of course the league that runs the majority of its games on weekends seemingly takes the weekends off from doing literally anything, so we won’t know if Xhekaj is going to get the games or not until game time tonight (if it’s not cancelled).

I don’t think he should get games since he was clearly instigated upon, but as I mentioned earlier, the league will probably hand him the book before reviewing it on Monday and it will be too late by then as he will already have served half the suspension

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
shouldn’t Xhekaj and Jakovljevic been yanked from the game? there’s no transparency from the league on this stuff. and of course the league that runs the majority of its games on weekends seemingly takes the weekends off from doing literally anything, so we won’t know if Xhekaj is going to get the games or not until game time tonight (if it’s not cancelled).

I don’t think he should get games since he was clearly instigated upon, but as I mentioned earlier, the league will probably hand him the book before reviewing it on Monday and it will be too late by then as he will already have served half the suspension

they’re allowed to finish the game. They just get the 2 games following that one

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Not really sure what the heck X was doing fighting a player from a last place team with playoffs approaching. A busted knuckle or hand could mean the end of his season for him. If suspended then the Rangers will be missing 3 top players (X, Meireles and Valade) this coming week with first place implications. Two out of three are from lack of discipline.

Mein Yak

Jan 5, 2019
On the 1st Sarina goal the official reviewed the play and said it was a goal. I was sitting behind the Rangers bench last night so when the ref came over to the Rangers bench to explain the call I herd the coaches asking the official to tell one of the linesmen to review the play for offside. As we know they didn't but I grabbed a screenshot of the play and it looks offside to me. I have attached the screenshot below. Overall it did not end up hurting the outcome however what do you guys think.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 2.36.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 2.36.42 PM.png
    805.2 KB · Views: 5

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
On the 1st Sarina goal the official reviewed the play and said it was a goal. I was sitting behind the Rangers bench last night so when the ref came over to the Rangers bench to explain the call I herd the coaches asking the official to tell one of the linesmen to review the play for offside. As we know they didn't but I grabbed a screenshot of the play and it looks offside to me. I have attached the screenshot below. Overall it did not end up hurting the outcome however what do you guys think.

looks offside to me too. I would be more concerned if it was against Saginaw or London

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

As you said, it didn’t hurt us but it is a wake up call.

There is a coach’s challenge, no? Our video people upstairs, I’m sure we have them, should have been on top of this and told the bench to challenge it.

It didn’t hurt last night but it could in a tight game and in the post season.

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
Anyone need two tickets tonight for the game and making the trip? Ive got two tickets and not charging as long as you attend

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

I'll play some optic mind games with you. If that puck is flat on the ice then it is definitely offside. If that puck is in the air, you can argue parallax effect as the camera angle is NOT parallel to the blueline or directly above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad