Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Likely hear more today. Nothing about Langdon in Brown's article on the OS game last night. He does say we likely won't see Valade until next weekend...but I'm hoping he's really ready and MM's not going to announce until Game Day on Tuesday. :naughty:
I’m really hoping Valade’s good to go against London.. he’s made himself a lot of “friends” on this Knights team and makes himself very hard to play against

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
London win again setting the stage for the huge game on Tuesday. Going to need a complete team effort for 3 periods!

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
London win again setting the stage for the huge game on Tuesday. Going to need a complete team effort for 3 periods!

We need to beat London on Tuesday ...... in regulation, if we want to have a realistic chance at the conference.

Our remaining “strength” of schedules look to maybe favour London (or it’s even at best), and they have a game in hand.

We lose on Tuesday and we’ll need a ton of help to win the division.

The difference between 1st and 3rd in the conference is huge. Finish first and we likely play Erie, who we’ve played very well this year. Finish 3rd and it’s likely Guelph or Windsor.

Huge difference!!!

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Well, first off the Rangers need to stop taking weak and undisciplined penalties, they sit fourth overall for most penalties taken.
When you're sitting 8th overall on the PK staying out of the box is high priority. Keeping disciplined is a must against London, who has great talent in getting the Rangers to take dumbass penalties!

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I know it’s kind of early, but I was wondering where everyone thinks the OAs will be moving on to next season? it’s a weird group of grads in that the core of them sort of have uncertain futures. I’ll pose the same question for Damiani, Noel, Bergkvist & Ingham as there has been some question for them too. here’s my go:

Meireles- AHL/ECHL contract. I wouldn’t say he’s played the way he did last year, and he’s missed a ton of games, but why not have him fill a spot in the system.

Hawel/Yantsis- Usports. I don’t think Hawel has played himself into an ELC and Yantsis IMO has trended the other direction.

Damiani/Noel/Ingham- AHL/ECHL on ELCs. up and down based on the depth of the farm systems in each respective org.

Bergkvist- Sweden. I don’t think he’s ready for the AHL. clubs get European players rights for forever and a day so I think a couple seasons playing against men back home will go a long way

curious to see everyone else’s thoughts. things could also obviously change from now to the end of playoffs

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Well, first off the Rangers need to stop taking weak and undisciplined penalties, they sit fourth overall for most penalties taken.
When you're sitting 8th overall in on the PK staying out of the box is high priority. Keeping disciplined is a must against London, who has great talent in getting the Rangers to take dumbass penalties!
Should be a great game! Let's hope Hutcheson is not officiating---he's the worst of the worst. I've already notified Tim Hortons at the Aud to let them know I'll be there. They promised to brew more dark roast. :thumbu:

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
On the down low or sporting a Knights jersey?
The "down low" this time, and I'll be surrounded by Ranger fans so I'm practising my quiet goal cheer; it's the sound of one hand clapping. :)
For those non-Kitchener fans out there who are thinking about going to a road game, the Aud is a great place to watch a game---pull the trigger and get some tickets. My favourite road arena.
I'll show myself out...

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
The "down low" this time, and I'll be surrounded by Ranger fans so I'm practising my quiet goal cheer; it's the sound of one hand clapping. :)
For those non-Kitchener fans out there who are thinking about going to a road game, the Aud is a great place to watch a game---pull the trigger and get some tickets. My favourite road arena.
I'll show myself out...
"On the down low" ?.....so you'll be wearing your David Clarkson game worn Ranger jersey again? :)

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Both teams are going to be up for tomorrow night's game.
Let's hope the officials don't decide to get involved as well. ;)

I said it before and I'll say it again. Rangers need to focus on fast, crisp, 5-on-5 hockey for 60 minutes. Any marching to the box will open them up to London's superior PP. This will mean ignoring the chirping, antics, and other dumb ass stuff. Smile, laugh, and walk away. Then play harder. Rangers can do it if they want to...and will need to do even more so without Meireles, Langdon, X, and likely Valade! (although, he would be a pleasant add tomorrow night).

Game of the season. It all comes down to this for playoff positioning. Going to be a wild one.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Both teams are going to be up for tomorrow night's game.
Let's hope the officials don't decide to get involved as well. ;)

I said it before and I'll say it again. Rangers need to focus on fast, crisp, 5-on-5 hockey for 60 minutes. Any marching to the box will open them up to London's superior PP. This will mean ignoring the chirping, antics, and other dumb ass stuff. Smile, laugh, and walk away. Then play harder. Rangers can do it if they want to...and will need to do even more so without Meireles, Langdon, X, and likely Valade! (although, he would be a pleasant add tomorrow night).

Game of the season. It all comes down to this for playoff positioning. Going to be a wild one.

If we can win this game in regulation without those three players, it’ll tell us a whole lot about this team and it’s fortunes going forward in the postseason.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
If we can win this game in regulation without those three players, it’ll tell us a whole lot about this team and it’s fortunes going forward in the postseason.

Agree 100%! I'm not expecting to win this game without those 3 or 4 in the lineup. But if we do, it will certainly show us our potential.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
In case you didn't see this video clip on Twitter.....SOP in action at practice......and if you click on This Tweet is not availble....it should take you to it. Or not. LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
In case you didn't see this video clip on Twitter.....SOP in action at practice......and if you click on This Tweet is not availble....it should take you to it. Or not. LOL

filthy hands and I’m guessing he’s back in tomorrow with a Meireles out and Valade/Langdon both likely out.

could you imagine the beating and abuse he would’ve taken if he did that as a rookie call up like 15 years ago.

5-4 W and Sop scores GWG :)

Mar 12, 2009
I sincerely hope the team doesn't have that attitude or they've lost already. You play the hand your dealt.
I hope the rangers don't have the shaking in their boots mindset many around here have when we play London. You play the hand your dealt, but if your using the game as a measuring stick for playoffs and your missing some of your best cards, your measurement isn't going to be accurate. It's just weird to me that the wins we've had in London are always written off if they are missing one of their key players, but we're not allowed to take the same things in consideration when we're are missing players and judging the result of a game.

Last edited:

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Brown's game day says "Kitchener F Reid Valade has missed the past five games with an upper body injury while F Isaac Langdon is also sidelined." Please note what it does not say.....that Valade will miss tonight's game. As for Langdon, depends what his injury is...if another concussion, could be out for a while.

Anyone know whether Valade has been practicing with the team?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I hope the rangers don't have the shaking in their boots mindset many around here have when we play London. You play the hand your dealt, but if your using the game as a measuring stick for playoffs and your missing some of your best cards, your measurement isn't going to be accurate. It's just weird to me that the wins we've had in London are always written off if they are missing one of their key players, but we're not allowed to take the same things in consideration when we're are missing players and judging the result of a game.

For sure.

However, it’s understandable for fans to be a little concerned when playing London. For all intents and purposes, over the last 20 years, this team has been virtual playoff doormats for London outside of the 2010 playoffs.

Our record against them over the last five or six years has been dismal as well. So I get where some people may be coming from.

That being said, no reason we can’t beat that team in the playoffs if we stick to our game and stay out of the box. If we don’t win tonight, it doesn’t mean we can’t beat them in the playoffs. But if we do win tonight, with a depleted lineup, it will be a huge confidence booster for the team and for the fanbase alike.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad