Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Was lucky one last night. Rangers got away with a bad pick on second goal, and the call in OT should have been against the Rangers for interference if it is a call. Ingham was very good

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
with the current roster, going into next year the top 6 forwards are:

Pinelli-Langdon-Valade
Stepien-Petizian-McDonnell

Stepien and Petizian should probably be 3rd line shutdown guys on a good team, unless they have Meireles like scoring increases (which we can’t sit here and expect to happen to anyone). assuming we lose Bergkvist after this year, there’s an import spot that I’d like to see filled by an 02, preferably a mid/late round NHL draft pick who will be here for 2020-21 and 2021-22: and then another 02 at this years deadline that can take a top 6 forward spot for a couple of years

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Was lucky one last night. Rangers got away with a bad pick on second goal, and the call in OT should have been against the Rangers for interference if it is a call. Ingham was very good
Little sour grapes. The pick was made up by the homer commentator. Good call in OT. Owen Sound player was heading straight at the goalie when the puck was going the other way. Never made a difference in the game. Rangers were gassed on there 3rd game in three days. Still found a way to win on the road.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

LR8

Mar 8, 2018
Little sour grapes. The pick was made up by the homer commentator. Good call in OT. Owen Sound player was heading straight at the goalie when the puck was going the other way. Never made a difference in the game. Rangers were gassed on there 3rd game in three days. Still found a way to win on the road.

Sorry guys - just an outside observer.
Looked like a pick and call in OT was wrong call.
Ingham played well as they were badly outshot. Poor start by the team may have cost him WJ consideration. Numbers are right there with Jones in Save%, and Jones faces an average of 23% fewer shots. He is a top 5 goalie in the league.
93 has settled down - 2 pims in last 6 games, all wins.
Rangers did well to get 2 pts. Team that has under achieved so far but is playing now. In an interesting position with deadline coming up and tough choices to make. 3 in 3 and get all 6 pts. is impressive. Just being honest - the officials looked to make a couple of blatantly bad calls. Acknowledging the mistakes made by non-players, and good teams take advantage of mistakes either by the opponent or officials, which the tired Rangers did.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Ingham played well even during our "down" games. If anything hurt his WJ consideration it would be the injury time.

Ingham was slated to play in the Can/Rus game at the Aud. He couldn’t go because of injury and Daws replaced him. Daws wound up getting an invite. Kudos to Daws for taking advantage of the opportunity. Maybe could have been Ingham.

Just sayin.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Sorry guys - just an outside observer.
Looked like a pick and call in OT was wrong call.
Ingham played well as they were badly outshot. Poor start by the team may have cost him WJ consideration. Numbers are right there with Jones in Save%, and Jones faces an average of 23% fewer shots. He is a top 5 goalie in the league.
93 has settled down - 2 pims in last 6 games, all wins.
Rangers did well to get 2 pts. Team that has under achieved so far but is playing now. In an interesting position with deadline coming up and tough choices to make. 3 in 3 and get all 6 pts. is impressive. Just being honest - the officials looked to make a couple of blatantly bad calls. Acknowledging the mistakes made by non-players, and good teams take advantage of mistakes either by the opponent or officials, which the tired Rangers did.
Rangers were gassed playing 3 games in 3 days. This is the reason they were out shot . Otherwise this would have been a win for them in regulation. They picked up Ingham specifically for games like this. He said a lot of Attack shots were grade b and c in the interview. Still disagree on your opinion of the calls. Attack had a few "picks" in the game but commentators ignored those. In saying this the Attack have some skilled players and played well in this game.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Kaliyev is 18 and has to play in OHL or NHL next year. 99% chance he doesn’t make the NHL. So you could flip him and get back a bunch next year.

im not saying I would do anything involving Sebrango but MM has to decide if he is all in or full sell. I 100% support the full sell and I also 100% would hate them standing pat. I would 20% support them going for it although I think it will screw up when they actually should make a run for it in 2 years and they would need to sell more than Sebrango to actually make a run. Valade, panelli, Langdon...all bye-bye if we decide to make a run. And I would hate that.

If the GM has half a brain he will realize that a full sell is 100% the right move to make.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The only way I see a trade like that going down, is:

A) they have a very good idea that Kaliyev will come back to this league next year. If that’s the case, contending next year wouldn't be out of the question either. In any case, expect there to be Rob Thomas type conditionals involved.

B) based on his play this year, especially the last little while, perhaps the brass see Motew becoming the calibre player next year that Sebrango is this year. Sebrango had a similar first half to that of Motew. If Motew’s trajectory ramps up as Sebrango’s did in the second half last year, Sebrango may be viewed upon as being expendable.

C) Including McPherson as an OA, even with Bergqvist graduating, we still have six returning defenceman next year. Minus a Sebrango, that’s five before we go into the entry and import drafts, and we’d have two open OA spots.

Last edited:
Mar 12, 2009
most don't find OHLInsider's all that credible, so I don't take twitter rumours from random tweeters replying to him seriously. That said, OHLInsiders also posted that the Bulldogs remain closed off to trading Kaliyev.

Reactions: bobber

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The only way I see a trade like that going down, is:

A) they have a very good idea that Kaliyev will come back to this league next year. If that’s the case, contending next year wouldn't be out of the question either. In any case, expect there to be Rob Thomas type conditionals involved.

B) based on his play this year, especially the last little while, perhaps the brass see Motew becoming the calibre player next year that Sebrango is this year. Sebrango had a similar first half to that of Motu. If Motew’s trajectory ramps up as Sebrango’s did in the second half last year, Sebrango may be viewed upon as being expendable.

C) Including McPherson as an OA, even with Bergqvist graduating, we still have six returning defenceman next year. Minus a Sebrango, that’s five before we go into the entry and import drafts, and we’d have two open OA spots.
But I'd rather see a Motew AND a Sebrango if Rangers are building towards a championship team. I can't see either being traded away. And it's rumour time again on OHL Prospects...

Reactions: EvenSteven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad