Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2009
Interesting tid bit about Roman Schmidt and where he shakes out on the current USNTDP roster, from one of the more reliable US prospect posters on the main board.
Yes, he's right handed.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets an opportunity to stand out enough to contend for a possible top 2 round selection. He has the 'tools' as they say, but he's also stuck on a pretty offensively talented blueline. Not sure he's going to get a ton of opportunities offensively behind Hughes, Gallagher, Hreshcuk, and Behrens.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Interesting tid bit about Roman Schmidt and where he shakes out on the current USNTDP roster, from one of the more reliable US prospect posters on the main board.

From what I understand, he won’t benefit from graduation in that program as they’re all the same age. However, if he’s as advertised, he’d play on our top four here next year if he came, no? Top three the year after.

Vukojovic Sebrango
Ottavainen Schmidt
MacPherson Motew
Xhekaj

That’s a strong seven next year.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
Hits keep coming. . Josh Brown reported that Ingham is out for at least this weekend due to injury.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Not good. Not only are we struggling, we have to go with a tender with only two starts this year.

At least Pfiel will get consecutive starts for a change. Any idea who we’ll have backing him up?

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Not good. Not only are we struggling, we have to go with a tender with only two starts this year.

At least Pfiel will get consecutive starts for a change. Any idea who we’ll have backing him up?

Indeed, not good at all. And because Ingham's a workhouse, Pfeil has barely been in net. Well, for him, it's a chance to step up and show what he's got. What's Wu doing? He's he still on Utica?

Any word on our other injured players? Geesh.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
I, for one, am getting sick and tired of the secrecy over injuries. The paying customers pay for an advertised product and because they're interested. The secrecy is pointless. Players don't return until they're healthy enough to, so targetting can't be the only explanation.

Be open and transparent with the fans. I see it as part of the "contract" with your paying customers.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I, for one, am getting sick and tired of the secrecy over injuries. The paying customers pay for an advertised product and because they're interested. The secrecy is pointless. Players don't return until they're healthy enough to, so targetting can't be the only explanation.

Be open and transparent with the fans. I see it as part of the "contract" with your paying customers.

I agree. I can understand playoff time. But at this point of the season?

We can blame the upper body / lower body on Pat Quinn I believe. Wasn’t he the one who started this phenomenon?

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
wondering if the goalie that ends up coming in for now will take over as the backup? I don’t see Wu burning his NCAA eligibility to watch a couple games. and the rest of the goalie prospects are almost non-options.

can’t be 100% sure because we don’t know what the injury is, but is it not safe to assume that Ingham’s been worked too hard too early? part of that is not having a backup they’re comfortable going to in a back-to-back

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Pfiel did lose both games he started. I didn’t see either so tough to tell if he was at fault.

For me, a younger backup with a future here makes more sense. But if we expect to contend, we better be prepared to have a backup who you aren’t afraid to put in net.

This team has been down the injury road between the pipes too many times in the post season. If Ingham gets hurt in the post season....

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Maybe bring this guy back. He had a good preseason game and has been good in Georgetown

Attachments

• 9CBE8171-BB36-444A-9B48-C17DE10CE8AE.jpeg
    9CBE8171-BB36-444A-9B48-C17DE10CE8AE.jpeg
    204.3 KB · Views: 4

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Pfiel did lose both games he started. I didn’t see either so tough to tell if he was at fault.

For me, a younger backup with a future here makes more sense. But if we expect to contend, we better be prepared to have a backup who you aren’t afraid to put in net.

This team has been down the injury road between the pipes too many times in the post season. If Ingham gets hurt in the post season....
He was ok in Sudbury.

This could work out. If Pfeil plays decent and ups his trade value and whoever we bring up is capable of taking over as BUG.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
come WJC time, if Damiani happens to make it and there are other injuries, I hope we could see Matthew Sop or Mitchell Martin. they’re both scoring at rates that would suggest they could play in the OHL right now. this would also ensure that they will be here next August

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
come WJC time, if Damiani happens to make it and there are other injuries, I hope we could see Matthew Sop or Mitchell Martin. they’re both scoring at rates that would suggest they could play in the OHL right now. this would also ensure that they will be here next August

Martin appeared in three ex games for us in September. Unless the rules have changed, he’s already committed to us. NCAA is no longer an option.

Sop was cut before we played any ex games. This is one of the negatives with being so quick to pare the roster down. Had we allowed a few of the hopefuls an ex game or two, they’d be in the same boat as Martin.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
Martin appeared in three ex games for us in September. Unless the rules have changed, he’s already committed to us. NCAA is no longer an option.

Sop was cut before we played any ex games. This is one of the negatives with being so quick to pare the roster down. Had we allowed a few of the hopefuls an ex game or two, they’d be in the same boat as Martin.

those 3 games were errors on the OHL website. Martin was cut before the ex. games

Rangers reassign 15 players at Training Camp – Kitchener Rangers

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

So can we still sign one or the both of them?

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I think we can sign anyone whenever we want to.

The issue is I doubt they sign and burn NCAA eligibility for a game or two. Unless they have no desire or the marks to go to school.

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I think we can sign anyone whenever we want to.

The issue is I doubt they sign and burn NCAA eligibility for a game or two. Unless they have no desire or the marks to go to school.

Or skill level to go to a team in the States. I’m sure at least 1 of the goalie prospects will sign a B card for the weekend just to say they’ve been there and done that

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Or skill level to go to a team in the States. I’m sure at least 1 of the goalie prospects will sign a B card for the weekend just to say they’ve been there and done that

Or Torchia fills in. He has before albeit in an ex game. Geez. He even got a start in an ex game with Pfiel sitting on the bench. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got a start this weekend based on this teams confidence in Pfiel.

If there was truly confidence in Pfiel, he’d have gotten every ex game possible to get him ramped up for the season and more than two starts thus far. Though Ingham has played well, we haven’t been winning much. Teams usually give the back up a start to shake things up - especially vs perceived weaker teams.

Last edited:

MatthewsMoustache

Jul 2, 2018
I'm pretty sure once they dress their NCAA eligibility is gone.

I was thinking along the lines of D’Alessandro/McBride more so than Wu. no NCAA commitment and they’re eligible next year, have to wonder if that’s really what they want or if they have the offers

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I believe Lucas Patton with the dutchies has filled in as an emergency back up for the rangers before. Imagine he would be consideration.

I don't believe he would take up an O/A slot in either games as he would just be an emergency back up and nothing more.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I believe Lucas Patton with the dutchies has filled in as an emergency back up for the rangers before. Imagine he would be consideration.

I don't believe he would take up an O/A slot in either games as he would just be an emergency back up and nothing more.

Hawel is out so it wouldn’t matter. But if I remember correctly, you can’t ice three OA’s and have a fourth as a backup.

If he isn’t starting, he’d have to be in the press box if we had three healthy OA’s.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad