Kitchener Rangers 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I wish I could remember who scored the teddy goal last year? Isn't there a list of scorers over the years somewhere?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Ingham...when the London goalie mistakenly leaves the net on what he thought was a delayed penalty to Kitchener and Ingham shoots the puck into the empty net.

Or Jesse Fishman at approx 3:46 of the second period from ummm Mike Petezian! :):):)

Last edited:

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
My prediction:
The referees put their whistles away for the first five minutes of the game. London can do whatever they want to the Kitchener players during this time because there’s no way that the officials want to put Kitchener on a power-play before everybody is in the building. The last thing they need is for the teddy bear goal to be scored with still a whole bunch of people not in the building seared resulting in people throwing teddy bears on the ice after every stoppage for the rest of the first period.

About five or six minutes into the first, the a Rangers will get a couple gift power plays in a row to put them on the power play in an effort to hurry this thing up and get this over with early. After all, this is a school night and the best thing that could happen is to get this out-of-the-way so people who want to take the kids home early can do so.

Oh, the goal! I predict it’ll be scored by Bergkvist via a point shot early in the second of the two gifted power plays.

Lokalhockeyfan

Sep 11, 2019
Does anyone know which channel Rogers is showing the Ranger game? Channel 20 is showing Guelph Owen Sound Game...

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Looks like a morning skate out there. The game is not the same anymore. And these teams are supposed to be hated rivals.

Mar 12, 2009
Looks like a morning skate out there. The game is not the same anymore. And these teams are supposed to be hated rivals.
I'm not sure I'm watching the same game, it's been pretty competitive and the Rangers have been solid through 20. Best starting effort I've seen against the Knights since before McKee took over at least.

Does anyone know which channel Rogers is showing the Ranger game? Channel 20 is showing Guelph Owen Sound Game...
You may just be on the outskirts of the regional border for broadcasts of games perhaps?

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

JoelKRangers

Aug 31, 2018
Just beating London at home has been difficult for the Rangers...

But here is your answer
Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League
Beat me to it. That was back in the good ol' days with Gibson who I was lucky enough to have the opportunity to not only meet but play mini sticks with that year. Great game tonight and I agree with Mike, this was the best game of the season so far. I've only been to 1 game this season (3rd game of the win streak and a really good game even though it was low-scoring) since I'm living in Chicago for the year but I've been tuning in on the radio when I can. I think this is only my 2nd ever post on hfboards so I needed to make up for all the years of not posting. I read this thread once in a while and I agree with what someone said on here and what Mike Farwell said something about tonight that it's stupid to think about buying/selling so early in the season. What's the point of being a fan if that's all you think about? Just enjoy the season, the present and worry about that stuff in January at the deadline. That's all I gotta say tonight except GO RANGERS! 7 STRAIGHT and more to come! 1 game at a time!

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
No McMichael or Foudy on the ice and no Dale Hunter behind the bench. If there was ever a time we had an advantage, this was it, Good to see the Rangers play a good, smart game and get a lot of shots on goal.

London put in a good effort and when they load up after the World Juniors, look out.

The Rangers are playing better and the wins are encouraging, but this needs to be a sell year to get a young stud and some much needed draft picks.

One little tweek I'd like to see is having Yantsis back with Meireles and putting Hawel with Damiani.

Nice to see Fishman get the TBG and MacPherson get his first.

Amazing fans tossing 11,052 Teddy Bears.

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
So is everybody still on the "sell" train?

The West is pretty weak this year. You guys have as much offensive talent as anyone in the conference.

This win streak should convince most that sell is not the best option. But.. selling vs. Buying will always be a question for any fan base when you're dead last in November... I think the biggest reason people have faught with the idea is because we looked so good on paper and got off to a great start until the rails came loose. Now that were finally seeing the paper on the ice, it's hard to argue not to buy imo. But our cupboards aren't deep, the pantry looks half full at best so again it's easy to throw the towel in and look ahead to what the cupboard and prospects could look like should they sell. I'm in the wait and see circle still, but leaning towards adding an impact forward and a tough defensive defenseman myself, but that may change in 3 weeks.

BogeyJ

Jan 5, 2016
No McMichael or Foudy on the ice and no Dale Hunter behind the bench. If there was ever a time we had an advantage, this was it, Good to see the Rangers play a good, smart game and get a lot of shots on goal.

London put in a good effort and when they load up after the World Juniors, look out.

The Rangers are playing better and the wins are encouraging, but this needs to be a sell year to get a young stud and some much needed draft picks.

One little tweek I'd like to see is having Yantsis back with Meireles and putting Hawel with Damiani.

Nice to see Fishman get the TBG and MacPherson get his first.

Amazing fans tossing 11,052 Teddy Bears.

And great turnout, likely the first over 7200 turnout this year I believe?

Reactions: JoelKRangers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad