Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
The Wolves are a big team. 17 players six feet and up. 10 players six foot two or bigger. Not counting the goalies. Their number one goaltender is six five. All of these players were four foot ten a year ago. It's something in the water. Kidding. They were four foot eleven;)

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
It’s the nickel in the water, kind of a kryptonite :) Hopefully (for us obviously) Ukko is in larcenous form. I was wondering, are Thanksgiving games as well attended?

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
It’s the nickel in the water, kind of a kryptonite :) Hopefully (for us obviously) Ukko is in larcenous form. I was wondering, are Thanksgiving games as well attended?
Just my opinion but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the lowest attendance we had in yrs (really really bad weather games not included)

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
I think we could see under 6000 today, Sunday at 4pm is just the worse time for this game.

Can’t find anyone to fill my other seat, everyone has turkey to tend to

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I think we could see under 6000 today, Sunday at 4pm is just the worse time for this game.

Can’t find anyone to fill my other seat, everyone has turkey to tend to
Might be a turkey of a game!!...

Actually i expect the Rangers will show well, the Wolves may be licking their chops at taking on a tired Ranger team with a really raw goalkeeper and look past them.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Might be a turkey of a game!!...

Actually i expect the Rangers will show well, the Wolves may be licking their chops at taking on a tired Ranger team with a really raw goalkeeper and look past them.

I think we’re gonna learn a lot about our group today.
Facing a big team on tired legs, can our speed still keep us in it?
Pfeil might have to be the difference in this one

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
usually about 6800 to 7000...plus Octoberfest here
That’s the standard the Wolves should aim for and achieve with the new rink and a competitive team. Heck I expect the attendance to steadily increase this year. Be nice to see at least 4000 plus like we used to.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Looking around the league I don’t know how these teams pay the bills with the atrocious attendance.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Rangers came away with a point after a three in three today. We enjoyed the game but you could see the Rangers were running on fumes when Sudbury tied the game up. Could have went either way. Credit to the young Rangers for competing so hard against a much bigger squad. Both goalies played well. Hard to put one past that 6'5" wall in the Wolves net. I liked that defenseman Stratis on the Wolves. Guy has skill and I think he played the whole game . Never saw him go off the ice!

Last edited:

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Rangers came away with a point after a three in three today. We enjoyed the game but you could see the Rangers were running on fumes when Sudbury tied the game up. Could have went either way. Credit to the young Rangers for competing so hard against a much bigger squad. Both goalies played well. Hard to put one past that 6'5" wall in the Wolves net. I liked that defenseman Stratis on the Wolves. Guy has skill and I think he played the whole game . Never saw him go off the ice!

Ill be honest, I was one who entering the weekend that said i'd take one win. Saginaw is a good team, Sarnia is rebuilding and no one really knows what the wolves are right now. But credit to the team for getting 4/6 points this weekend. 1st 3 in 3 for this young team and they impressed. Last year after being ranked, heading into a weekend like this the team would have laid a goose egg but holy this team is fun to watch!

It's nice being a team with low expectations. Its much easier to enjoy the games!

Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
Great game today everyone! I know 3 in 3 can be rough, and believe me when I say you guys have this one locked up early if Ukko isn't in net.

Best of luck the rest of the way.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Our GM actually makes good trades now. Former 67’s first rounder.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
I think we’re gonna learn a lot about our group today.
Facing a big team on tired legs, can our speed still keep us in it?
Pfeil might have to be the difference in this one
I think we learned a lot about this team and even though it's early we have to like what we see. What a huge difference a yr makes in the Rangers breakouts from their zone. Crisp passing and hitting the man in stride! Great to see!
Full marks to Lucas Pfeil, I gotta admit I never saw this type of goalkeeping coming from him. Speaking of goalkeeping, if it wasn't for the Sudbury goalie, the Rangers would have won by 2 or 3.
So Lipinov, Petizian and Hall returns next weekend....

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
If you look at the replay of the winning OT goal in last nights game all three Rangers turn towards the puck carrier. The goal scorer is stationed behind them in the open.
This seems to be an issue with a younger squad. It has caused a few goals and scoring chances by the opposition this season in regulation where Ranger players lose track of assignments in the defensive zone. These are issues that can be worked on in practice and video review. I think it gets better though with ice time and experience .

Reactions: Rangers True Blue
Mar 12, 2009
I'm getting the feeling those of us who watch away games on Rogers may get shut out of the 3 games this weekend. Only games they have listed are both for Guelph Sat&Sun. They have the time slot open for the game Fri, but the game itself is not listed and last season I believe the Soo was a place that the station seemed to have problems getting a broadcast out of.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
According to Josh Brown, both Hall and Lipinov will be playing this weekend while Petizian is a week away!

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
According to Josh Brown, both Hall and Lipinov will be playing this weekend while Petizian is a week away!

I am excited about this!

A team that's undefeated this early in the season is getting a top line player back into the line up, someone who is going to help with the offense and PP. And at the same time are getting a top 4 defencemen that 95% of the league dislikes back into the line up for the 1st time in months, after not being signed by his NHL team and has a chip on his shoulder.

That's some positive change!

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'm getting the feeling those of us who watch away games on Rogers may get shut out of the 3 games this weekend. Only games they have listed are both for Guelph Sat&Sun. They have the time slot open for the game Fri, but the game itself is not listed and last season I believe the Soo was a place that the station seemed to have problems getting a broadcast out of.
That's a bummer. I buy a limited number of OHL Live games a year to address these instances myself. OHL Live offers PPV for $7 a game or a 5 pack for $30

Reactions: SYWTom
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad