Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blkhawk

Nov 6, 2017
Maybe someone should tell Joey G that he does not have to be the first player to leave the zone everytime if he wants to play D

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Damiani may be looking at a five game suspension after today. He purposefully flipped the puck into the stands after a Kingston goal and got himself a game misconduct. That's an automatic five game suspension in this league.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
It took 10 mins. Lol

Thanks for the chats today though.

With my mom being seriously Ill
My brothers car accident and some other stuff it was nice to be able to come on here and just chat hockey. Agree or disagree , nothing but love for you bobber
Hope all goes well Seb. Sounds like a rough go right now. Keep your chin up.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Damiani may be looking at a five game suspension after today. He purposefully flipped the puck into the stands after a Kingston goal and got himself a game misconduct. That's an automatic five game suspension in this league.
Hope not but if he did it on purpose in frustration and get caught you suffer the consequences. Not sure I knew that rule. Those pucks can do a lot of damage. A woman beside us got hit with a puck two seasons ago flipping end over end and her face was a mess for weeks. We sit behind the glass and it still found a way over to her.
One the game today the Rangers just couldn't get a handle on the puck. Lots of sloppy plays and weak picked off passes. Neuman is on heck of a player for Kingston.

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener

And probably missing Hugg for a few of those.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The coach should of Xhekaj on the back end and Joey on forward whether he likes it or not IMO. I still think some of the smaller forwards have issues battling the bigger opponents at times.
I agree. I also don't think that's about to happen unless an emergency.

I really dislike listening to Farwell's post game show because all he does is preach the company line most of the time. Today's takeaway

1. All is well. We're only at the 30 game mark. We're still going to finish in the middle of the standings.

2. Our scouting and coaching is fine. Don't throw out the baby with the bathwater just because we're in a rough patch.

3. Joey G is going to play defense because that's the position he had his pro tryouts.

I'm done.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
The coach should of Xhekaj on the back end and Joey on forward whether he likes it or not IMO. I still think some of the smaller forwards have issues battling the bigger opponents at times.

Don't be surprised if Joey is moved atvthe deadline. I'm not saying it's going to happen, but sometimes, when there's smoke, sometimes there's fire. That's all I'm saying.

Reactions: Tim Wallach

OhSheila

Aug 28, 2015
Kitchener
I profess that I am a fan and not a hockey expert. One observation I have though is McKee messes with the lines a lot. Friday night, McHugh, Damiani and Meireles played a great game together. Today Damiani centred Hugg and Campbell. Maybe consistency in linemates would help a little?

GeoBlue

Oct 21, 2017
Kitchener
I profess that I am a fan and not a hockey expert. One observation I have though is McKee messes with the lines a lot. Friday night, McHugh, Damiani and Meireles played a great game together. Today Damiani centred Hugg and Campbell. Maybe consistency in linemates would help a little?

Agreed. McKee obviously realized this when he reunited them in the 3rd. A little too late. Might have been part of Damiani's frustration.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
We discussed this on the way home today. Man every time a line dominates in a game the next game the line is torn apart and a new combo is out there. I thought smart coaches would keep lines that click together until they get use to playing together and know where each other is at any given moment. No so in Ktown.

SYWTom

Dec 10, 2016
Here's hoping. I like the guy and think he could be an awesome forward. But if the rumours are true that he is dictating what position he plays, well, cya.

I think we should be trading him this year regardless of his demands. I just don’t think we will get the return we expect based on his points because he is still what he is, small and easy to get the puck off of.

But maybe a team will be willing to give something nice up.

K2

Jun 11, 2015
With my mom being seriously Ill
My brothers car accident and some other stuff

Sorry Seb. Take care & best wishes that things start looking up for you & your family.

Damiani may be looking at a five game suspension after today.

Ugh ... dumb move.

As much as I like Joey, I'm shopping him big time while he's on D and Jack Eye is on D full time after the break.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Billyjack

Aug 25, 2018
Kitchener -Waterloo
Gareffa on D and a minus 3 and jack Eye sits. Salution, please trade Gareffa, end of story, I've been a STH for 27 years. 25 in Guelph and 2 here, I really don't get how Gareffa can dictate where he plays

Reactions: blkhawk

Melrose

May 8, 2014
Joey G is just too small to defend, he has no ability to protect the front of the net and there isn’T a team in the league that doesn’t know that now. They just block him out like a flea. Maybe it worked in minor hockey but not now. He hasn’t got a hope of playing D in pro unfortunately.

Mar 12, 2009
Agree with everything that has been said. I will say I thought Stepien looked pretty decent. Has some solid skill and he also threw the body around on a couple of shifts.

Reactions: bobber and GeoBlue

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Impressed with young Stepien today. Just dragged off a bus and thrown on the ice with a new team. He did okay. Made some nice hits and played hard. Can't be easy for these kids being instantly uprooted and starting all over. Have to give them credit for having the fortitude to do these things. Some around us mentioned they were impressed with his play.

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Impressed with young Stepien today. Just dragged off a bus and thrown on the ice with a new team. He did okay. Made some nice hits and played hard. Can't be easy for these kids being instantly uprooted and starting all over. Have to give them credit for having the fortitude to do these things. Some around us mentioned they were impressed with his play.
Seems really happy to be there from the interview I saw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad