Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'OHL' started by EON, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobber

bobber Registered User

True. Guess they have to say something to questions the press would be asking. Sometimes though when your team is struggling at the deadline opposing GMs are circling to pick your bones. I think MM was looking for what he considered the value of our tradeable assets and the offers were lower. Example we thought McHugh was worth more. Goes to a team that is not contending probably for at least a couple of years. Kind of an odd trade.

2. LR8

LR8 Registered User

Yes - thought they would have upgraded the skill level on the blueline however. They may have 3rd best goalie in the east, and he is very good.

3. houndtastic

houndtastic Registered User

I wouldnt sleep on the soo last year we were easily on paper the favourite to win and we could have been knocked out of the second round and lost in the final to a team that out played us. London guelph and saginaw added and on paper are better but thats why you play the games. Plus i would take villalta over any of there goalies but thats my personal opinion.

4. rangersblues

rangersblues Registered User

I'm okay with not trading players if the value was not there. However I'm not okay with playing the &$#$ out of the top 2 lines, the way we did in the 3rd period last night and for a major part of the season. It's past the trade deadline now and it's time we found out if our young players are going to sink or swim.

5. Tim Wallach

Tim Wallach Registered User

It seemed like this year teams were trying to dial back on the ludicrous prices being paid. Aside from Niagara, no one was coughing up loads of high picks and blue chip young kids. Teams like Ottawa were refusing to give up roster players. I think all of that added up to teams like Kitchener holding onto their players.

I don't like that we did because in a year like this, I think you need to come away with at least one or two good future assets (2nd rounders or good 01/02s) and we didn't. In fact the cupboard is arguably less stocked than before. But if teams weren't willing to pay or kids weren't willing to go, it can stall the best laid plans. I just hope MM tried, because selling the fans on this identical roster next year is going to be tough.

rangersblues likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.