Kitchener Rangers 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Of course the team is going to say that whether it was the case or not.
True. Guess they have to say something to questions the press would be asking. Sometimes though when your team is struggling at the deadline opposing GMs are circling to pick your bones. I think MM was looking for what he considered the value of our tradeable assets and the offers were lower. Example we thought McHugh was worth more. Goes to a team that is not contending probably for at least a couple of years. Kind of an odd trade.

houndtastic

Apr 16, 2016
I really don't think Ottawa did enough. Getting Dipietro was huge . But that lineup makes me think they may have a tough time getting out of the east against Niagara. They don't seem to have scoring depth. The west looks best again. I think any of Guelph, Saginaw or London are likely to come out of the west and imo should take care of the east. Guelph is is the favourite imo. Soo is a longshot now - they needed something.

Edit - major brain cramp. Ottawa did add Maksimovich and Chiodo. I still think they'll regret not getting Miereles. A shutdown centre that can score is extremely valuable.

I wouldnt sleep on the soo last year we were easily on paper the favourite to win and we could have been knocked out of the second round and lost in the final to a team that out played us. London guelph and saginaw added and on paper are better but thats why you play the games. Plus i would take villalta over any of there goalies but thats my personal opinion.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
It seemed like this year teams were trying to dial back on the ludicrous prices being paid. Aside from Niagara, no one was coughing up loads of high picks and blue chip young kids. Teams like Ottawa were refusing to give up roster players. I think all of that added up to teams like Kitchener holding onto their players.

I don't like that we did because in a year like this, I think you need to come away with at least one or two good future assets (2nd rounders or good 01/02s) and we didn't. In fact the cupboard is arguably less stocked than before. But if teams weren't willing to pay or kids weren't willing to go, it can stall the best laid plans. I just hope MM tried, because selling the fans on this identical roster next year is going to be tough.

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad