Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Clock is ticking. Gotta wonder what Kaprizov thinks about the lack of moves Minnesota has made at the forward position.
He's surely looking forward to another year playing with Rask down the middle then 3 more seasons in a team that has $14 million locked up in two players that doesn't even play for the team anymore.

Reactions: kp61c

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
This doesn't make a lot of sense. The KHL has been trying to level the playing field and has implemented a salary cap that stands around $12m USD.

So Kaprizov is going to take up $10m of a $12m cap?

I think that is unlikely.
I wanna see what team they could build for 2 mil. They would have to sell off everyone I assume right?

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong

The only thing I would blame BG for is to not trade KK away if he decides to walk and leave like how we lost Marian Gaborik for nothing. Guerin offered term that I agree with, offered amount that I agree with. Ands its obvious the agent is looking to add pressure where he can, its his job. So everything seems to be working as it should be.

But we need to trade him if KK really leaves for good. That would be a hard pill to swallow if we get nothing at all

Reactions: HobeyBroten

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The only thing I would blame BG for is to not trade KK away if he decides to walk and leave like how we lost Marian Gaborik for nothing. Guerin offered term that I agree with, offered amount that I agree with. Ands its obvious the agent is looking to add pressure where he can, its his job. So everything seems to be working as it should be.

But we need to trade him if KK really leaves for good. That would be a hard pill to swallow if we get nothing at all

We can't afford to let him leave. It's fun to try to outstubborn him and dare him to go back to Russia, but it tanks his value. If it becomes a situation where they can't agree at the end of the month, Guerin needs to just give him three years and trade him ASAP.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I agree. And I can figure out my emotions about it later, but like a marriage that's getting toxic, quick and final decision must be made before this ship totally burns.

I want to know if Kirill really wants to be here? Also, how could he even know after one COVID year with no fans?

If he literally knows he doesn't want to be here after 3 years, please, just trade him after he signs.

I'll cry about it later.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I want to root for this guy why? He already shat upon the Wild with his 1st KHL extenstion.

The vengence of a 5th rounder?

Seriously, how F$$%^&*&&n rich do you need to be?

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
The KHL salary cap doesn’t hold much weight for CSKA Or SKA. If it means getting a homegrown star back, they’d let it happen.

Yeah, right, and teams like Avangard will let them get away with it, right? :sarcasm:

The only realistic way for him to get that money is via the Conference finals bonus, which doesn't count against the cap, but there's a tiny little problem that you can just not make it there, especially with a new coach.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Kirill at 50% retained to Florida for Lundell + Denisenko/Tippet

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
The majority of contracts stay between agent, player, and club, with maybe a very, very little public glimpse of what is being asked, and other times nothing, zero, until the deal is announced.

And then there is this.

This is for the agent at this point. Not even KK.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
Stuff like this is why I hate hockey agents. Yes, they're doing their job but it just makes player look really bad, typical greedy Russian who only cares about money and nothing more. Makes team, fans, both Minnesota and neutral ones, really sour on the player. There're people who understand that this is just an obvious laughable bluff from the agent who's doing his job but majority will just read the headline without any fact-checking and just say something like 'Good riddance, have fun in KHL then'.

For those who believe in this nonsense about 8-figure contract in KHL I can assure you that Kirill really wants to play in NHL and it's not about the money. But 7-8 years contract is too much, he won't sign for that long. Not now. Bill Guerin would have to go for a bridge either way. If he doesn't like it that much then he can just trade Kirirll after signing.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
Russo is reporting Guerin has been willing to compromise for a month, and Seravalli is hearing from Kap's camp that there have been no new offers since April.

One side is obviously bullshitting, but why? Sympathy from the masses who only see the tweet and assume it's just Guerin playing hardball?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That's... Guerin's fault? Really?

How is it not Guerin's fault? He's played hard ball up with Kaprizov up until a month ago when it appears that he finally relented on his 8 year stance. More so, how did he make this team better in the off-season? His biggest forward signing was Gaudreau and he ate up a significant cushion of cap space in the next three years for what reason? Kaprizov isn't going to stick around if in two years this team needs to rebuild.

As Jagged Ice mentioned, what incentives does Kaprizov have to stay with this team if they don't have a direction other than throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

No one has provided any reasonable answer to what Minnesota is going to do in the next three years when Suter and Parise's cap hit take up what? 17% of the cap?

Reactions: Jagged Ice

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I was called stupid for even suggesting a few months ago that this very scenario could happen if Kap elected he didn't want to stay playing for MIN, or the contract wasn't sweet enough. Most of those comments were blatantly that the KHL could not afford to give him what the Wild would give him.

So what changed in the span of like, 60 days?

BlackBusa24

Dec 13, 2018
How is it not Guerin's fault? He's played hard ball up with Kaprizov up until a month ago when it appears that he finally relented on his 8 year stance. More so, how did he make this team better in the off-season? His biggest forward signing was Gaudreau and he ate up a significant cushion of cap space in the next three years for what reason? Kaprizov isn't going to stick around if in two years this team needs to rebuild.

As Jagged Ice mentioned, what incentives does Kaprizov have to stay with this team if they don't have a direction other than throw it at the wall and see what sticks.

No one has provided any reasonable answer to what Minnesota is going to do in the next three years when Suter and Parise's cap hit take up what? 17% of the cap?

Wtf is BBB supposed to offer 10, 12, 15mm? For a guy that has played in the big leagues for 55 games... Come on now... I don't even really like BBB but everybody coming out with their pitchforks against him because of the Suter buyout and this is a little damn ridiculous.

I love Russian players... My favorite all-time player is Bure... I can tell you two things... I don't recall one situation where old time Russian players did this crap... And KK is nowhere good as federov Bure or Mogilny were... Those three could put the entire team on their back... KK completely disappeared in the playoffs

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Guerin was really just standing on 7/8 years since April, then he was the asshole. If Guerin comes down to 4/5 years and Kaprizov/agent remain standing on 3 or less, then they're the asshole. If Kaprizov/agent need $10+ million to get to 4 years, or are expecting $10M for 3 years, then they're the asshole.

Still a lot TBD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad