Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think big balls is either standing strong on a 7 or 8 year deal or he’s compromised to 5 and Kirill has still said no. The latter scenario would be somewhat alarming, but I’m fine with the former. If he wants to stand his ground he has all the leverage even if it doesn’t feel like it. Kirill wants to play in the NHL and has no player rights.
Or offer him a 3-4 year deal at 5 million per.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I liked Russo's take, offer him 5 years at 6, or he can take a hike. We don't need a rookie who thinks he's King of the league.

We know our GM, there's a chance he's pissed at Kaprizov, and then this can get to a point where he'll simply trash him.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't really get where all this 5 year stuff coming from. We just need to get to 4.
Call it an idiot tax for staying in Russia for too long. I think expecting the kid to sign a 7-8 year deal is unrealistic given the circumstances. That doesn't mean that the kid can't bend a little himself. 5 years is a good number IMO.

Reactions: Slotski

kp61c

Apr 3, 2012
separate civilization
Call it an idiot tax for staying in Russia for too long. I think expecting the kid to sign a 7-8 year deal is unrealistic given the circumstances. That doesn't mean that the kid can't bend a little himself. 5 years is a good number IMO.
Yes, he will be almost 30. It is an ideal age to sign a new big deal, sure. If it is 5 years or nothing, he should demand a trade. Losing him for nothing to the KHL would be moronic and trading him would bring a nice haul.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I liked Russo's take, offer him 5 years at 6, or he can take a hike. We don't need a rookie who thinks he's King of the league.

We know our GM, there's a chance he's pissed at Kaprizov, and then this can get to a point where he'll simply trash him.
Honestly 5 years at 6aav seems like a hometown discount. I’d be ecstatic.

Goose312

May 15, 2015
I'd be happy with 4 years at 7M
For only 1 UFA year I'd hope it'd be a little leaner than that. 3 year deal the AAV should start with a 5. 4 year deal it should start with a 6. 5 year deal you get up into 7 and maybe 8 range.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
For only 1 UFA year I'd hope it'd be a little leaner than that. 3 year deal the AAV should start with a 5. 4 year deal it should start with a 6. 5 year deal you get up into 7 and maybe 8 range.

Ideally maybe, but given how unusual the situation is, I wouldn't mind it being 7. Puts him in the Tkachuk, Barzal, Point group, which is good-faith bend on the organization's part.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
If he signed here 5 years, I’d have no problem signing him for 8 mil. Might even need to be more to get it done.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
5ihdya.jpg

Reactions: MuckOG

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think big balls is either standing strong on a 7 or 8 year deal or he’s compromised to 5 and Kirill has still said no. The latter scenario would be somewhat alarming, but I’m fine with the former. If he wants to stand his ground he has all the leverage even if it doesn’t feel like it. Kirill wants to play in the NHL and has no player rights.

Russo's latest:

The Wild originally wanted to sign Kaprizov to a seven- or eight-year deal. Conversely, he wants three years or less, so the Wild now hope for a four- or five-year compromise.

Potentially saying that BBB isn't quite standing fast on 7-8 years.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Russo's latest:

Potentially saying that BBB isn't quite standing fast on 7-8 years.
Is that Russo saying that the Wild have offered 4 or 5 year deals? Or, is it Russo saying that the Wild are probably going to have to offer those terms to get a deal done?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
I understand that he is free to do what is best for him but it is such a Wild thing to happen that the first star in 15 years clearly wants big market, huge $$$ and there is almost no chance he stays here when he hits the open market. After the Wild waited for him to make a few extra million in the KHL first. F' him, f' his agents and f' Russia.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mickey the mouse

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I understand that he is free to do what is best for him but it is such a Wild thing to happen that the first star in 15 years clearly wants big market, huge $$$ and there is almost no chance he stays here when he hits the open market. After while the Wild waited for him to make a few extra million in the KHL first. F' him, f' his agents and f' Russia.

And we burned an ELC year on a season that he wasn’t even in the country for :laugh:

HobeyBroten

Jul 12, 2012
I understand that he is free to do what is best for him but it is such a Wild thing to happen that the first star in 15 years clearly wants big market, huge $$$ and there is almost no chance he stays here when he hits the open market. After while the Wild waited for him to make a few extra million in the KHL first. F' him, f' his agents and f' Russia.
This thread should be changed to 'Anti-Kirill Kaprizov'.

Does nobody have any confidence in BG to get this done? Everyone is so doom and gloom. Where has there been a credible source that he doesn't want to be in MN? It's been repeated many times that if any one of you were in his shoes, we would not take the 8 year offer from the Wild. Most the time first offers are usually sent back, not just in sports. I would imagine if KK ships off back to Russia, BG is going to be on the hot seat if not canned. He wants to get this contract figured out more than any one of us sitting here.

(Rant over)

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I sure as hell would take an 8 year contract at 8.5M. That would make me a very rich man. I don't think the upside of signing a 3- 4 yr. deal at 5-6 M in order to sign a long term deal at 10M is worth the risk.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

Does nobody have any confidence in BG to get this done? Everyone is so doom and gloom. Where has there been a credible source that he doesn't want to be in MN? It's been repeated many times that if any one of you were in his shoes, we would not take the 8 year offer from the Wild. Most the time first offers are usually sent back, not just in sports. I would imagine if KK ships off back to Russia, BG is going to be on the hot seat if not canned. He wants to get this contract figured out more than any one of us sitting here.

(Rant over)

I think Kirill will get signed prior to training camp.

Reactions: keppel146

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

(Rant over)

He’ll get it done, it’ll likely just be bad. Guerin already bent the knee to the kid when he burned a year of his ELC to have him sit in Russia while the Wild lost in the play-in rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad