Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Very, very few GM's are an open book during interviews with the media. Surprised that you would think otherwise. The only thing about notable about GM's is the style and manner in which they answer, or fail to answer, questions. Are they dismissive, out of touch, and plain weird like Fenton? Classy and professional like Fletcher? Arrogant and difficult like Poppovitch, Keenan, and Bowman?

I don't expect, nor want, GM's to be breaking news or telling tales to the media. I just want them to be smart as hell and build the best damn team money can buy.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If they allow signing a contract but not playing to burn his 2nd ELC year do you do it? Future and value wise I want to say no but with how long we have waited I just want to say yes.

For him I would think it makes sense to get closer to your payday right?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Tinfoil hat time. What if the reason Leipold and Guerin aren't raising hell publicly about this is because the league has told them privately that if they go along with this decision then a get out of jail free buyout will be included in the CBA, allowing them to buy out Parise?

Otherwise, I don't know why Leipold and Lamorello arent screaming their heads off.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If they allow signing a contract but not playing to burn his 2nd ELC year do you do it? Future and value wise I want to say no but with how long we have waited I just want to say yes.

For him I would think it makes sense to get closer to your payday right?
There's zero reason for Kaprizov to sign in the NHL before Jan 1. The extent that the NHL f***ed the Wild in this situation is unbelievable.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There's zero reason for Kaprizov to sign in the NHL before Jan 1. The extent that the NHL f***ed the Wild in this situation is unbelievable.
I’m not super sure how the whole burning a year thing works, but if he does it, doesn’t he get paid for it?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I’m not super sure how the whole burning a year thing works, but if he does it, doesn’t he get paid for it?
If he signs his ELC before Jan 1. He gets his $92K signing bonus but then probably sits until January, and then plays whatever next season ends up being, and then whatever the plan is for 21-22 for $925k.

If he goes back for another year in Russia he can probably make $1M there, sign in Minnesota after the KHL season ends, get his 92K signing bonus and his $925k salary (pro-rated for however many games are left) but then he becomes an RFA for the 21-22 season. The RFA contract instead of the 2nd year of the ELC is what makes it dumb for Kaprizov to sign before Jan 1.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Otherwise, I don't know why Leipold and Lamorello arent screaming their heads off.

Also Bergervin.

But it's stupid. Minnesota couldn't sign Kaprizov to a contract earlier, because of the KHL/NHL issues. But because Bynam signed a contract earlier this season, he can play? That's bullshit.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
No, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't work. He just gets to burn a year. The Wild get him in the fold for sure in Jan, or whenever next season starts. Pretty lame win win.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
You mean other than having the reigning KHL MVP and goal scoring leader on their team for the season?

Right.....one season. No reason to do that when he has no other option than to sit out. I see him being offered, and signing, a 2 year deal at minimum.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Right.....one season. No reason to do that when he has no other option than to sit out. I see him being offered, and signing, a 2 year deal at minimum.
So, if Leon Draisaitl said " I'm playing one more year and then going back to Germany" you wouldn't be willing to sign him for that year? You would tell him that it has to be 2 years or nothing?

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

He has other options. Sign and get loaned to Liiga, SEL, NLA, etc. until the NHL starts up in January.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Sounds like alot of work for no real reason. I say screw it. Wait 1 more freaking year. Hell get Khovanov over their in the middle of him for 1 season.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Sounds like alot of work for no real reason. I say screw it. Wait 1 more freaking year. Hell get Khovanov over their in the middle of him for 1 season.
that doesn't sound like the worse idea, let those 2 grow together so we can have them on a line starting out right away.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
So, if Leon Draisaitl said " I'm playing one more year and then going back to Germany" you wouldn't be willing to sign him for that year? You would tell him that it has to be 2 years or nothing?

One of those things isn’t like the other thing but you know that. Plus, I don’t recall saying the negotiations stop at two years or nothing but they damn sure don’t start at a one year help him out deal.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
One of those things isn’t like the other thing but you know that.
What's the difference? You can use any NHL superstar that you like in my example, the point doesn't change.

Kirill Kaprizov was the best player in the KHL this year. If he's looking to sign a 1 year deal, why would any KHL team be dumb enough to turn that down?

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
What's the difference? You can use any NHL superstar that you like in my example, the point doesn't change.

Kirill Kaprizov was the best player in the KHL this year. If he's looking to sign a 1 year deal, why would any KHL team be dumb enough to turn that down?

Not even sure who you are arguing with at this point??? Who said ANY of the things you are saying? I simply said that a sane team would try to get him for more than just one year first. And they might get him to bite. This idea that he can just go sign for one year in the KHL is wishful thinking.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Not even sure who you are arguing with at this point??? Who said ANY of the things you are saying? I simply said that a sane team would try to get him for more than just one year first. And they might get him to bite. This idea that he can just go sign for one year in the KHL is wishful thinking.
I am not sure you understand the concept of free agency. When you're a talent like Kaprizov, you set the terms. If Kaprizov decides that he wants to play in the KHL next year but he only wants a 1 year deal, every team in the KHL will offer him a 1 year deal. It's really that simple.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Russo just commented that next year, the NHL is moving back to the normal reserve list. It seems like a big FU to Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad