Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
OK, so it's back to plan B. Lose to VAN in the play in series, lose in the 2nd draft lottery to a team ahead of us in the standings, pick 12th, and miss out on all of the top C's.
Only if Plan A was to lose to Vancouver in a 5 game series that saw Fiala rack up 10 Bingos and three months later walk the stage at the NHL entry draft to make our first 1OA selection in Franchise history.

Reactions: fentonsbrainchild

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Only if Plan A was to lose to Vancouver in a 5 game series that saw Fiala rack up 10 Bingos and three months later walk the stage at the NHL entry draft to make our first 1OA selection in Franchise history.

OK, so it's back to plan B. Lose to VAN in the play in series, lose in the 2nd draft lottery to a team ahead of us in the standings, pick 12th, and miss out on all of the top C's.

#WhyNotUs. I'm starting to hope that we have a shot b/c of the Winter Classic.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Update: this was just added as a new development occurred:

The one late wrinkle that did emerge Wednesday night is a well-placed source told The Athletic that the NHL and NHLPA are working on language that would allow players like Kaprizov to sign their entry-level deals to start in the 2019-20 season, but not allow them to play this summer.
If that ends up being the compromise, Kaprizov technically could sign his two-year deal, burn off the first year this summer and at least it would allow the Wild to get him under contract for the 2020-21 season.”

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

The one late wrinkle that did emerge Wednesday night is a well-placed source told The Athletic that the NHL and NHLPA are working on language that would allow players like Kaprizov to sign their entry-level deals to start in the 2019-20 season, but not allow them to play this summer.
If that ends up being the compromise, Kaprizov technically could sign his two-year deal, burn off the first year this summer and at least it would allow the Wild to get him under contract for the 2020-21 season.”

Well he still wouldn't be able to play until January. But he'd get to burn a year, which is probably just as important to him. And we wouldn't have to worry about him carrying us to victory over the Canucks, so he wouldn't hurt our Lafreniere chances.

I don't know, I like this compromise.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Well he still wouldn't be able to play until January. But he'd get to burn a year, which is probably just as important to him. And we wouldn't have to worry about him carrying us to victory over the Canucks, so he wouldn't hurt our Lafreniere chances.

Yeah things could be worse. I think that burning a year was the biggest thing. It’s not like it makes much difference in games played if he’d signed this year. He was only garaunteed 3 games.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah things could be worse. I think that burning a year was the biggest thing. It’s not like it makes much difference in games played if he’d signed this year. He was only garaunteed 3 games.

In theory he could still be loaned to a Euro team in this scenario too, right? If they started before us? Not that I think he would, because no one else on the team would, but just curious.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
In theory he could still be loaned to a Euro team in this scenario too, right? If they started before us? Not that I think he would, because no one else on the team would, but just curious.
I believe so

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Okay? The NHL mentioned they didn't want ringers in the playoffs. Also the contract doesn't matter in this case as Romanov and Sorokin can't play and they would signed similar contracts to Byram.

Unless I'm mistaken, they signed those after the COVID-19 shutdown happened?

Edit: I looked it up. According to capfriendly.com Sorokin is not signed to an NHL contract and is in the exact same situation as Kaprizov as far as that goes. Romanov is signed, but signed on May 8th, nearly two months after the COVID shutdown began. Neither of these players is in the same situation as Bryam, I'm afraid. Byram and all others who are, so far, allowed to participate all had NHL deals before March 12th.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
One of the biggest reasons why they didn't want Kaprizov is because they didn't want ringers. Also contracts don't matter. They all start on 19-20.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
One of the biggest reasons why they didn't want Kaprizov is because they didn't want ringers. Also contracts don't matter. They all start on 19-20.
You're preaching to the choir here, man. If you want to change minds, send a strongly worded email to the NHL, they're the ones that care about when the contract was signed.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
This was uploaded two hours ago.

Someone please tell me that this is North American and not Russian soil.
A4F67AD2-0B79-4CAC-9DBF-BB25953EF3D8.png

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Kaprizov's agent is confirmed to be Paul Theofanous. That was a no brainer and something I predicted awhile back. For those out of the loop, he's the agent for Panarin and Bobrovsky.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Kaprizov's agent is confirmed to be Paul Theofanous. That was a no brainer and something I predicted awhile back. For those out of the loop, he's the agent for Panarin and Bobrovsky.
good to know thanks. typical gm response no little nuggets to hear about on kfan. had wishful thinking lol but nothing.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
i don't follow him on social media. did he actually take it all down?

Yes he has deleted all of them, including this one.. Prospect Info: - Kirill Kaprizov lll

Looks like he's done with the Wild, thanks to Bettman.

But I can understand him, he'll be 24 next year, that's late to enter the NHL and play like a star. And perhaps Wild fans scared him off, thinking he's some kind of hockey god who's going to solve everything. Remember he didn't play well with Ovechkin on the Russian national team. Things take time...

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Yes he has deleted all of them, including this one.. Prospect Info: - Kirill Kaprizov lll

But I can understand him, he'll be 24 next year, that's late to enter the NHL and play like a star. And perhaps Wild fans scared him off, thinking he's some kind of hockey god who's going to solve everything. Remember he didn't play well with Ovechkin on the Russian national team. Things take time...
Nobody plays well with Ovi on the national team.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011

Honestly, it doesn't do much for Kaprizov. Come January 1st, he'd be signing a 1 year ELC anyway.

Given KHL is planning on starting on time, and the NHL is planning to play into the Summer he could play the year in the KHL, sign with the Wild after (with probably 2 months left in the season) and burn his 1 year ELC.

He's in a position to be an RFA at the end of next season regardless.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

playing with ovi doesn't mean much on international teams it seems sir. im not gonna look too far into it. could be a simple knee jerk reaction to the nhl being dumb.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Honestly, it doesn't do much for Kaprizov. Come January 1st, he'd be signing a 1 year ELC anyway.

Given KHL is planning on starting on time, and the NHL is planning to play into the Summer he could play the year in the KHL, sign with the Wild after (with probably 2 months left in the season) and burn his 1 year ELC.

He's in a position to be an RFA at the end of next season regardless.
It would still be a 2 year ELC if he signs at any point before the end of next season.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

Not true. Every single photo of him wearing Wild stuff has been posted on his Instagram Story. For those who doesn’t know how «story» works, it’s only out for 24 hours. Then it’s gone.

There is absolutely no need for more drama into this matter. Especially not the shit that ain’t true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad