Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
I know Kaprizov's contract ends April 30th, if his teams season ends early can he come here earlier?? or is April 30th the earliest?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I know Kaprizov's contract ends April 30th, if his teams season ends early can he come here earlier?? or is April 30th the earliest?
I've seen it go both ways. I think because his contract is technically still active, he needs permission from his KHL team to do so.

DonatoisDaddy

Sep 25, 2019
I've seen it go both ways. I think because his contract is technically still active, he needs permission from his KHL team to do so.
I thought the contract ends April 30 no matter what so he COULD come to the NHL then, but that takes away a year from whatever contract he would sign in the NHL. Meaning he is an RFA a year sooner than if he starts in the 2020 season.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I thought the contract ends April 30 no matter what so he COULD come to the NHL then, but that takes away a year from whatever contract he would sign in the NHL. Meaning he is an RFA a year sooner than if he starts in the 2020 season.
There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, so their contracts are generally respected. If a player is under contract, the NHL team cannot sign said player, unless the team who has said player under contract allows them to do so.

If the KHL team says no, that means the 30th is a hard date, he cannot come sooner... as was asked by the poster I quoted.

If he doesn't sign until after the regular season is over, his playing in the playoffs would have no effect on his contract length the following seasons.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL, so their contracts are generally respected. If a player is under contract, the NHL team cannot sign said player, unless the team who has said player under contract allows them to do so.

If the KHL team says no, that means the 30th is a hard date, he cannot come sooner... as was asked by the poster I quoted.

If he doesn't sign until after the regular season is over, his playing in the playoffs would have no effect on his contract length the following seasons.
I wouldnt understand if they said no, if his intention is to go to NHL after KHL career ends not sure why they would say no if he wont play another game in KHL, but its the KHL so who knows.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I wouldnt understand if they said no, if his intention is to go to NHL after KHL career ends not sure why they would say no if he wont play another game in KHL, but its the KHL so who knows.
I agree, but others have said no in the same situation. It is what it is.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Good stuff

Apparently Kaprizov’s English is pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good stuff

Apparently Kaprizov’s English is pretty good

Kaprizov plays right wing, which is filled in the top-nine currently by Mats Zuccarello, Kevin Fiala and Kunin. The top-three left wings are Jason Zucker, Zach Parise and Greenway.

Asked frankly if he will have to create a spot (a.k.a. trade somebody) in the lineup for Kaprizov, Guerin said, “Yeah. I mean, that’s the case. I would have to. You’re only allowed so many spots, but that’s the name of the game.

“To be honest with you, have I thought about it? Yeah. But on a daily basis, no, because things have been going well. Our guys are playing well right now. And I don’t want anybody getting ahead of themselves thinking about that, including myself. We can deal with that down the road.”
A move is inevitable here... maybe 2 considering the lack of space already for Donato.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would hate to see any of those players move down to the 4th line, but if I had to pick one right now it would be Kunin. As of right now, though, I like what Foligno brings to the team. I would almost rather move Hartman and move Kunin to his spot...but I really don't like breaking up the GEEK's. Lotta season left, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I would hate to see any of those players move down to the 4th line, but if I had to pick one right now it would be Kunin. As of right now, though, I like what Foligno brings to the team. I would almost rather move Hartman and move Kunin to his spot...but I really don't like breaking up the GEEK's. Lotta season left, though.

It would be an offseason thing, when Kaprizov comes over.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
A move is inevitable here... maybe 2 considering the lack of space already for Donato.
Probably even more that that if you consider the players we have at wing. We essentially have to move one of Zucker, Fiala, or Kunin if we want to give everybody an opportunity to succeed. None of Donato, Fiala, Kunin, Greenway, Zuccarello, Zucker, Parise, or Kaprizov should play 4th line minutes, it’s not their game. Add in that foligno might just be a sell-high situation. It will be interesting to see how it unfolds, that’s for certain

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, but Foligno provides big boy physicality. That becomes important come playoff time. I don't want Dumba standing up for people out there.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad