Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If he has to sign an ELC contract at age 27, how old would he have to be to not sign an ELC contract? Is it really that difficult?

4 year contract, even a 3 year contract can be dicey. He turns 27 in April of 2024. That means at the end of that contract, he's going to be an UFA.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
4 year contract, even a 3 year contract can be dicey. He turns 27 in April of 2024. That means at the end of that contract, he's going to be an UFA.
I have no idea what you're talking about here. Kaprizov would not be allowed to sign a 3 or 4 year ELC. There's no such thing as a 4 year ELC. How is it possible that we have this same conversation every 6 months and yet you still know nothing about NHL contracts or the CBA? It's incredibly aggravating.

Last edited by a moderator:

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Fresh rumor out of Russia that Kaprizov and Sorokin will go back to CSKA for next year if they're not allowed to sign this season. Can't say that I would blame either of them.
Капризов и Сорокин могут остаться в ЦСКА. Сколько реально платят в «Авангарде». Почему Мозякин не продается как Гретцки

That's a tough loss for the Wild, probably another full season without Kaprizov.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
A rumor, emanating out of Russia, that a Russian star might sign in the KHL rather than the NHL you say.
With the announcement that Bettman made yesterday, going back for a year is a no-brainer for Kaprizov if he isn't allowed to sign this year.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
With the announcement that Bettman made yesterday, going back for a year is a no-brainer for Kaprizov if he isn't allowed to sign this year.

I wouldn't go that far. He has nothing more to prove in Russia and his development will be negatively impacted by staying. If he wants to be an NHLer, he should come over as soon as he can.

But it would be good for all future relations between the KHL and the NHL to develop a protocol where guys could be loaned and returned. We will have come a long way from smuggling people out of Swedish hotels and it would give KHL fans the chance to see promising players - e.g. Khovanov - play a year or two on cheap contracts.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I feel like Guerin needs to have a one on one call with Daly where he kisses the ring a bit but also tells him that the NHL shouldn't lose an international player of this caliber because of weird scheduling.

Common sense solution is Kaprizov sits out play in round, but joins for playoff, just like any other year.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I wouldn't go that far. He has nothing more to prove in Russia and his development will be negatively impacted by staying. If he wants to be an NHLer, he should come over as soon as he can.

But it would be good for all future relations between the KHL and the NHL to develop a protocol where guys could be loaned and returned. We will have come a long way from smuggling people out of Swedish hotels and it would give KHL fans the chance to see promising players - e.g. Khovanov - play a year or two on cheap contracts.

nope

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

By pushing the start of next season back by 3 months, there's absolutely nothing for Kaprizov to lose. Re-sign with CSKA for a year, probably make about $1M, take a run at another championship, then sign with Minnesota 3/4 of the way through their season, burn the 1st year on his ELC, probably make about $1M, and hopefully the Wild get a chance at a playoff run.

The alternative right now is to wait around doing nothing until next January.

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
By pushing the start of next season back by 3 months, there's absolutely nothing for Kaprizov to lose. Re-sign with CSKA for a year, probably make about $1M, take a run at another championship, then sign with Minnesota 3/4 of the way through their season, burn the 1st year on his ELC, probably make about $1M, and hopefully the Wild get a chance at a playoff run.

The alternative right now is to wait around doing nothing until next January.

Will he have much left in the tank after a full KHL season and likely a deep playoff run? It's one thing to join for a couple of playoff series, but to play 20+ regular season games and the entire playoffs on top of that? That might be a little too much for someone who's used to 62 game seasons in KHL.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Will he have much left in the tank after a full KHL season and likely a deep playoff run? It's one thing to join for a couple of playoff series, but to play 20+ regular season games and the entire playoffs on top of that? That might be a little too much for someone who's used to 62 game seasons in KHL.
Don't really think it would be all that much different than playing an 82 game NHL season and playoffs:dunno:
He's also looking at about 6 months off before the KHL season starts

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
even if he didn't sign a contract he could come to the States, skate with NHL coaches and players and start up with the team whenever 2020-21 starts.
When is he going to get to do any of that? Maybe you've noticed that hockey rinks are currently locked up? The NHL certainly isn't going to let non roster players be a part of what they're doing now. As far as when 2020-21 starts back up, that's the whole point. Kaprizov can play for 4-5 months in Russia before the NHL starts next season.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t think delaying his NHL career by another year benefits him much in the long run. He wants to be in the NHL, he has a good relationship with Guerin, and having to wait an extra couple months for the season to start isn’t the end of the world. He’s not going to forget how to play hockey between now and November/December. He may be a little rusty for the start of the season, but he’ll still be here for training camp and preseason.

I don’t understand the notion that it’s a no-brainer for him to go back to Russia for another year. The 2020-21 season is still going to happen, he’ll still get to play.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t think delaying his NHL career by another year benefits him much in the long run. He wants to be in the NHL, he has a good relationship with Guerin, and having to wait an extra couple months for the season to start isn’t the end of the world. He’s not going to forget how to play hockey between now and November/December. He may be a little rusty for the start of the season, but he’ll still be here for training camp and preseason.

I don’t understand the notion that it’s a no-brainer for him to go back to Russia for another year. The 2020-21 season is still going to happen, he’ll still get to play.
He wouldn't be delaying his NHL career by a year

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
He wouldn't be delaying his NHL career by a year

The earliest he’d be able to come over would be May 1, 2021. I have no idea how late next season is going to run, maybe that means he’ll be here for the last few regular season games? I don’t know. But regardless, he’s delaying his NHL career by nearly a full season by signing in Russia again. If the choices are to sign in Russia and wait until May, or don’t sign in Russia and wait til December? Yeah, he’s not going to be playing as much hockey with the latter, but he’ll be in the same boat as the rest of our team, and he’ll be here whenever training camp starts.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
If I were presented with the current situation as a young hockey player, staying close to home sounds like the better option. There is a ton of uncertainty out there. Hard to take that as a snub if it's a one year deal. Now, if it's another 3 year deal....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad