Prospect Info: Kirill Kaprizov lll

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The NHL is already dealing with all sorts of challenges that make restarting this season problematic. It does not want to add another by allowing teams to debut dozens of players in the middle of the summer.”

I get what they are saying, if they are expanding the playoffs to 24 teams. How many of them wouldn't have been playing in May? Would Minnesota? And does Minnesota really want to burn a year off of Kaprizov's contract. Would that count given the circumstances? What if it wasn't Minnesota? I can see the NHLPA leaving this one alone, because it could be a bit of a headache.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
If Kap decides to sign in the KHL for another year, does that bump the length of his ELC down from 2 years to 1? I can't remember how those change by age.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Could definitely see him re-signing in the KHL for another year then.
It wouldn’t shock me at all. I do wonder if he’d have an out clause for when the NHL season starts, though. Not sure if they do that kinda thing over there

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Yeah, I think, NHLPA should say a word or two about this, but right now, they all are waiting for news about, whether the season continues or not.

I doubt the NHLPA would touch this decision. Kaprizov isn't a member until he signs, but the player he replaces has been paying dues.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If the NHL goes ahead and has a playoff including the Wild, I don't see how they don't allow KK to sign. To strictly follow a signing date, when everything else about the season as far as timing has been changed, seems arbitrary And unfair.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Must have patience in these times, but I am excited for when Fiala is carrying the 1st line and Kaprizov is carrying the 2nd line.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
The more and more I am watching the NHL fumble around with the playoffs, the more and more concerned I am that Kaprizov is going to say screw it and sign back with Moscow. I mean are they going to just jam the 19-20 and 20-21 seasons together?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The more and more I am watching the NHL fumble around with the playoffs, the more and more concerned I am that Kaprizov is going to say screw it and sign back with Moscow. I mean are they going to just jam the 19-20 and 20-21 seasons together?

Bettman said everything can be moved a couple of months, 20-21 season can start in December if necessary.

But does Kaprizov want to wait another 6 months? That's another question. Too bad he will not be allowed to play sooner, even if the playoffs start in late July.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I can easily see him signing another one year contract with the KHL, if they start up in September, and the NHL refuses to let him play in the playoffs AND delays the season till just after Christmas. Wouldn't blame him, either.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Good news might be he won't be an UFA until he's 27, but still trying to figure that one out.
You keep working on that one :facepalm:

Kirill Kaprizov can't become a UFA without either signing and playing out a contract with the Wild or having his rights traded by the Wild. He can't sign anything but an ELC contract unless he waits until his 28 year old season(5 seasons from now). If he waits that long, he's free to negotiate any contract he likes with the Wild only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad