Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
I'm happy that MSL has Kirby involved with the coaches and their video sessions. Making him apart of the team despite his injury. He's not just around on the bench during practices, he's involved in the strategies and concepts and the operation of the team. Gotta love that MSL and management thought of keeping Kirby involved and not just present.
Yeah great news, especially since Dach is a young guy with no kids. What else is he gonna do all day long otherwise 😂 once you’ve gone through your two 1h rehab session, that’s a lot of time to kill.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
Concerning comment by Dach today about his injury. He stated that it was just bad luck. Sorry. It was a big young player in the middle of the ice, not aware he was was in danger, and that's why a slow D like Tinordi was able to hit him that hard. The concerning thing is that coaches were unable to make him realize that. No matter how big you are, you cannot move forward around the red line with the puck head down. It opens the door for catastrophic injuries. Hard to believe he still does not understand that. It's the NHL, not junior.
Middle of the ice? Tinordi rode him into the bench practically. The hit had absolutely nothing to do with what you described

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
Concerning comment by Dach today about his injury. He stated that it was just bad luck. Sorry. It was a big young player in the middle of the ice, not aware he was was in danger, and that's why a slow D like Tinordi was able to hit him that hard. The concerning thing is that coaches were unable to make him realize that. No matter how big you are, you cannot move forward around the red line with the puck head down. It opens the door for catastrophic injuries. Hard to believe he still does not understand that. It's the NHL, not junior.

I've never seen 8 people laugh at one post that was intended seriously. Tough post man.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Just listened to his presser and the part about Slaf. Spoken like a true leader and winner.

This team would be fighting the figs had he been healthy.

Reactions: BLONG7

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Just listened to his presser and the part about Slaf. Spoken like a true leader and winner.

This team would be fighting the figs had he been healthy.
Probably beating down the figs.

Wait, Figs isn't a derogatory term linked to the word with an a right ? I hope its the actual fruit, but figs aren't really derogatory.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Middle of the ice? Tinordi rode him into the bench practically. The hit had absolutely nothing to do with what you described

Dude got punk'd hard. You guys are ruthless.

Probably beating down the figs.

Wait, Figs isn't a derogatory term linked to the word with an a right ? I hope its the actual fruit, but figs aren't really derogatory.

Not a f*g, a fig.

fig-leaf-single-vector-eps-vector-45217549.jpg

Reactions: Mrb1p

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
What I don’t get about these injuries is how they’re able to keep any strength in their legs. Seems really tough to be 100% for a long time.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Make the Maple Leafs cry more tears!
Mate assuming we make the playoffs and go to round too I accept the odds .
But assume the maple leafs making round 2 !!! Damn now that is a risky odds bet !

What I don’t get about these injuries is how they’re able to keep any strength in their legs. Seems really tough to be 100% for a long time.
That’s why it takes 8 month . However after an acl injury , often the leg is way stronger from the rehab. In the past , the risk was if they lose quick lateral movement , so football running backs had it worst .
Non issue for a hockey player like dach

Last edited:
Reactions: Habs13

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we don't make this trade we probably chose McGroarty. Given Hughes love for size. Or Lekkerimaki he was highly ranked at time. Ty Nelson likely with our 3rd rounder. Either way has its positives.

Probably have one of those big 3 centers in '23 draft. As Dach likely gave us a few points last season. Fantilli I imagine as he went third. Be primed for defense man this draft though.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario

Your response is what's concerning, because what you are describing here is not the hit that injured Kirby Dach.

For starters, he ended up literally on the bench of the Chicago Blackhawks. At no time was he anywhere near "the middle of the ice" he was coming up, with speed, right along the boards.

You say he was "unaware he was danger" but I assure you, he was acutely aware because he was trying to squeeze by Tinordi as he closed in. Because it was against the wall, and not out in the open, there really weren't a lot of options here for Dach. He either tries to squeeze by with speed or tries to slam on the brakes to see if he could avoid Tinordi.

You also claim he had his head down, which he clearly didn't.

Then you share your frustration that the coaching staff was unable to make him pretend that none of this happened.

It's an odd take form you.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
If he is actually cleared before the end it would be fine to let him play game 82.

Our final two games are back to back against Detroit with the final being a home game. Detroit probably won't be one game away from making the playoffs or not as I expect things to be fairly settled in early March.

They're not a goon team and don't really carry physical players. If they're in the playoffs they have little reason to care about the game. If they're not they also have little reason to care.

A lot of the metro teams are playing against each other and should eliminate each other before the final few games.

devils have a pretty difficult schedule remaining to be honest. Isles are collapsing with Roy and also have a lot of games remaining against top 5 teams. Hart killed Philly, i expect them to skid out. Caps also have a difficult schedule.

For some reason all the best teams are doing their metro road trips and vice versa in the final two months of the season.

the pens are the sole exception as they still have many games left against bottom feeders. I would expect Philly and pens to swap and Tampa/Detroit to grab the wildcard spots for a 5 Atlantic playoff field. They say judge teams by goal differential and that's the top 8 in the east currently.

Anyways, let Dach play a game if he's ready. If he's not wait til next year. One game isn't a comeback but will build that drive to get back even stronger.

It would be a fireable offence to play him in game 82

I mean, we don’t have anyone else who can enter the zone with the puck and keep possession on the PP like that.

Suzuki has become very good at it.

HankyZetts

Twi2ted
Mar 16, 2004
It would be a fireable offence to play him in game 82

Suzuki has become very good at it.
His(Suzuki) entries are generally toothless though. Never a risk to keep the puck always passing it off once across the blue line. He needs to challenge the defense more often, in order to open up more passing lanes, or more importantly to create scoring chances for himself and his filthy shot.

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad