Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Great to see him progress and even better to know he's promised to not try to rush back this year.

Dach is going to be like found money next year. It will be good for him to play beneath the Suzuki line and benefit from the opposition he'll face. I wouldn't mind loading up Roy and Newhook with him and giving them soft minutes. Really prep Dach to get back to producing and on with his career.

Reactions: Habs13

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Great to see him progress and even better to know he's promised to not try to rush back this year.

Dach is going to be like found money next year. It will be good for him to play beneath the Suzuki line and benefit from the opposition he'll face. I wouldn't mind loading up Roy and Newhook with him and giving them soft minutes. Really prep Dach to get back to producing and on with his career.

The skills and talent are there.

The only question Mark's are around his health: will he be able to come back 100% from his injury with time? Can he stay healthy? Etc...

Reactions: Toene

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Dach talked to Slaf about his game when he was struggling. He also likes to talk to the coaches and be around the team while injured. I bet he's the one who fixed our PP too. :D

Amazing leadership by Dach. He was my favorite Habs forward before his injurie. He is already a great leader for this team with A+ attitude even if he is hurt, he keep smilling. What a guy, what a player.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Hopefully his string of injuries falls more into the category of bad luck or "growing pains" and are something that won't be a concern once he's grown into himself. Wishing thinking. Goes for Kaiden Guhle too.

Positive vibes! Those two are potentially special players. We need them both healthy, strong and mean.

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Hopefully his string of injuries falls more into the category of bad luck or "growing pains" and are something that won't be a concern once he's grown into himself. Wishing thinking. Goes for Kaiden Guhle too.

Positive vibes! Those two are potentially special players. We need them both healthy, strong and mean.

Agree with you both Dach and Guhle are very very good players, they only need to he healthy. That's the only concern with both. Like you said, positive vibes and hope that they will stay strong, mean and better.

Both are very important piece for the rebuild.

Reactions: dralaf and Habs13

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Agreed. We've seen some players with consecutive injuries that kept them out of the line-ups long term and then eventually come back and were healthy the rest of their careers.

Remember Markov injuring one knee and it out long term. He came back and a few games later, he injures his other knee and he's out long term again. But when he came back, he was good until his NHL career ended.

Crosby and Bergeron also missed significant time to concussions. Both came back and got concussed again and were out long term. I think in Bergeron's case, there was concern that he might forced to retire. And when both Crosby and Bergeron came back, they kept going until Bergeron retired and in Sid's case, he's still going.

Hopefully that's the case with Kirby. Just a string of bad luck with injuries, but when he comes back, he's good to go the rest of the way.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Agreed. We've seen some players with consecutive injuries that kept them out of the line-ups long term and then eventually come back and were healthy the rest of their careers.

Remember Markov injuring one knee and it out long term. He came back and a few games later, he injures his other knee and he's out long term again. But when he came back, he was good until his NHL career ended.

Crosby and Bergeron also missed significant time to concussions. Both came back and got concussed again and were out long term. I think in Bergeron's case, there was concern that he might forced to retire. And when both Crosby and Bergeron came back, they kept going until Bergeron retired and in Sid's case, he's still going.

Hopefully that's the case with Kirby. Just a string of bad luck with injuries, but when he comes back, he's good to go the rest of the way.
Yeah - all good examples. There's also a lot of bad examples too, like Koivu. He was never the same after his knee injury. Or guys like Kyle Chipchura who was never the same. Danny Kristo who never recovered from frostbite. The dumbest injury in hockey history, by the way. Still can't believe he did that.

Just to say I still have my worries... but positive vibes! Positive vibes!

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016

Sean Couturier is a good exemple aswell, missing 2 years of hockey and he have 33 pts in 52 games this year. Not bad at all!

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Concerning comment by Dach today about his injury. He stated that it was just bad luck. Sorry. It was a big young player in the middle of the ice, not aware he was was in danger, and that's why a slow D like Tinordi was able to hit him that hard. The concerning thing is that coaches were unable to make him realize that. No matter how big you are, you cannot move forward around the red line with the puck head down. It opens the door for catastrophic injuries. Hard to believe he still does not understand that. It's the NHL, not junior.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
Concerning comment by Dach today about his injury. He stated that it was just bad luck. Sorry. It was a big young player in the middle of the ice, not aware he was was in danger, and that's why a slow D like Tinordi was able to hit him that hard. The concerning thing is that coaches were unable to make him realize that. No matter how big you are, you cannot move forward around the red line with the puck head down. It opens the door for catastrophic injuries. Hard to believe he still does not understand that. It's the NHL, not junior.
He was hit over the boards into his bench. Wasn't that big of a hit. Wasn't because his head was down and wasn't center ice. It was a weird hit
that didn't look like it should have caused injury.

The injury was a result of him hitting the band of the boards... a fluke. An accident. Bad luck.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
If he is actually cleared before the end it would be fine to let him play game 82.

Our final two games are back to back against Detroit with the final being a home game. Detroit probably won't be one game away from making the playoffs or not as I expect things to be fairly settled in early March.

They're not a goon team and don't really carry physical players. If they're in the playoffs they have little reason to care about the game. If they're not they also have little reason to care.

A lot of the metro teams are playing against each other and should eliminate each other before the final few games.

devils have a pretty difficult schedule remaining to be honest. Isles are collapsing with Roy and also have a lot of games remaining against top 5 teams. Hart killed Philly, i expect them to skid out. Caps also have a difficult schedule.

For some reason all the best teams are doing their metro road trips and vice versa in the final two months of the season.

the pens are the sole exception as they still have many games left against bottom feeders. I would expect Philly and pens to swap and Tampa/Detroit to grab the wildcard spots for a 5 Atlantic playoff field. They say judge teams by goal differential and that's the top 8 in the east currently.

Anyways, let Dach play a game if he's ready. If he's not wait til next year. One game isn't a comeback but will build that drive to get back even stronger.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Nah, it was a fluke injury. Didn’t wven look that bad. Just crap luck.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I'm happy that MSL has Kirby involved with the coaches and their video sessions. Making him apart of the team despite his injury. He's not just around on the bench during practices, he's involved in the strategies and concepts and the operation of the team. Gotta love that MSL and management thought of keeping Kirby involved and not just present.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad