Confirmed with Link: Kinkaid to CLB for 5th

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I’m on team Jim and the fans he’s calling out are the same ones who are getting all fussy in this thread. We need to **** about every little thing a goalie does when the team has been absolute trash for 80% of the last 5 years.
Especially that number 63. Kid hasn't shown anything.

Reactions: Bleedred

Sir Fenwick Corsi

NJ Lottery PICK-3
Dec 29, 2010
New York
Kinkaid has been awful this year and the team being awful is not the only reason for that. Again, who trades a top goalie for a 5th round pick 3 years from now? That’s right, no one. He’s propped up like prime Brodeur by some on here and I really don’t get it.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It may be sad for him but this is exactly what he needs at this moment in his career to try reestablish himself in the league. Hope it works out for him, he is a good guy.

It really isn’t, he’s gone from being a cult hero #1 to a discarded #3 in four months

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Especially that number 63. Kid hasn't shown anything.
Bro you know I ate my own shit for those posts. No use in rehashin that. And Bratt has found that other level that I was seeking. So not sure what you’re getting at but trying to bait?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
It really isn’t, he’s gone from being a cult hero #1 to a discarded #3 in four months
Hmm did you see the 8 goal game where hynes left him out to dry? I’m sure he’s sad he’s moving away from friends and family but pretty happy to not have to death stare severson 3 times a game anymore.

Reactions: BenedictGomez

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Uncle Kinkaid's rant is a reminder that these "assets" are actually human beings and the vitriol that social media breeds is really a shame. Twitter and instagram and facebook for a public figure are really double edged swords. I imagine that all of KK's face to face interactions with fans have been positive. There should be an age limit for posting on social media. You should have to be older than 30. While Uncle Kinkaid makes a couple of fair points, he's as bad as the fans he's reacting against. Just let it go Uncle Kinkaid. KK is going to a better team and can maybe salvage a little of the season to give him a chance at an NHL contract for next year. His rant won't help KK with any other team. What GM wants a meddling family member attached to a bottom of the roster player?

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Kinkaid has been awful this year and the team being awful is not the only reason for that. Again, who trades a top goalie for a 5th round pick 3 years from now? That’s right, no one. He’s propped up like prime Brodeur by some on here and I really don’t get it.

Yes a majority of this board our huge fans of Kinkaid and think he is one of the best goalies in the league. That is definitely the impression I get after reading this thread.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I didn’t say what happened this year is whats best. What I am saying this trade will give him a better opportunity to reestablish himself since we have Cory here and a younger better option in Mac. He needed a change of scenery. Let’s see what he can do with this opportunity.

Reactions: haak84

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Some people were so anti-Cory that when Kinkaid started doing well and Schneider started doing poorly that they became huge Keith supporters and now that Keith is also bad they can't really let it go. Some of them are still delusional enough to think that Kinkaid is thought of as a top goalie around the league or that he's an average starter or that the defense is solely responsible for his poor play.

What does suck for Keith is that had he had last season in a contract year he would've gotten a multi-year several million dollar offer and now he won't get that - I'd be dejected too.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Some people were so anti-Cory that when Kinkaid started doing well and Schneider started doing poorly that they became huge Keith supporters and now that Keith is also bad they can't really let it go. Some of them are still delusional enough to think that Kinkaid is thought of as a top goalie around the league or that he's an average starter or that the defense is solely responsible for his poor play.

I think that the delusion is you think this. There’s no question Kinkaid was the better goalie than Cory in the year of 2018 but then again so was every goalie in the universe.

No one in this thread thinks Kinkaid is a top goalie in the league. I thought he could have had a solid season and continuation of his second half if the devils were a good team. They weren’t. And I don’t think any level of goaltending was going to make them a good team. Kinkaid went back to his backup level of play. I still think he can be an average starter. But my definition of average starter is much different than most of this board.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
There should be an age limit for posting on social media. You should have to be older than 30. While Uncle Kinkaid makes a couple of fair points, he's as bad as the fans he's reacting against. Just let it go Uncle Kinkaid.

Can't pretend that age has anything to do with it. I've met plenty of people in real life and seen plenty of people post on social media that are over the age of 30 and are still absolute morons.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Bro you know I ate my own **** for those posts. No use in rehashin that. And Bratt has found that other level that I was seeking. So not sure what you’re getting at but trying to bait?

giphy.gif

Oh it was a joke. I complimented the humility last time. It's just a joke.

Reactions: haak84

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I think that the delusion is you think this. There’s no question Kinkaid was the better goalie than Cory in the year of 2018 but then again so was every goalie in the universe.

No one in this thread thinks Kinkaid is a top goalie in the league. I thought he could have had a solid season and continuation of his second half if the devils were a good team. They weren’t. And I don’t think any level of goaltending was going to make them a good team. Kinkaid went back to his backup level of play. I still think he can be an average starter. But my definition of average starter is much different than most of this board.

Social media is where that Keith love lives.

Reactions: Billdo

Camille the Eel

Keith can be good when he's on. On that streak at end of last season, he'd give up the occasional softy, usually early in games, but made the big stops when he had to. His competitiveness was a great strength.

He's going to one of the best structured defenses in the league. The opposite of us. What do they intend to do with him? If they keep Bobrovsky (and there's only a couple hours left) he may not see much action. He is some deep insurance for next season maybe in that case.

He's also going to a coach who wants his players focused on their games, night and day. Columbus isn't even Hoboken in terms of opportunities for fun. OSU go go go.

I always felt that he had the tools to be a good NHL goalie. He has good reactions and strong legs, he had a good glove when he first came up. A lot of his mistakes were mental. Positioning, misreading plays. A good guy. There was the undercurrent that he could have been more focused. If it's true Torts will see to that or they'll soon part ways.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
If this was at all true - if bad defenses 'ruined' goalies permanently - we wouldn't see great goalies behind bad defenses. But we have and we do. To you no goalie ever plays poorly, it's only defense. That's just not what's going on.

You guys can say we have good team defense with a straight face. That is utterly hilarious.

'Bad' defenses can play deterministically and allow goalies to do their job. Really bad defenses play non-deterministically and make goalies guess.

Even the best of goalies cannot steal game after game behind bad defenses. They eventually get worn down and lose confidence unless they are elite.

No one is confusing KK with an elite goalie.

If any of you honestly believe you can plug MacBlack or any mid-tier goalie onto this team and get them to win - you're just insane.

That is why, time after time - we go through these two game periods where these guys are heros and look like they are amazing (because they have to be) and then we go back to them being complete scrubs and we get posts from Bleed about how much he hates them and how much they suck.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I didn’t say what happened this year is whats best. What I am saying this trade will give him a better opportunity to reestablish himself since we have Cory here and a younger better option in Mac. He needed a change of scenery. Let’s see what he can do with this opportunity.

But it won’t though. He may never play a game for Columbus.

He legit might not be in the league next season at this rate.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
But it won’t though. He may never play a game for Columbus.

He legit might not be in the league next season at this rate.
He wasn’t going to save his career here. If he can get in a few games and put up strong games there then maybe he can resurrect his career.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
He was bad in the game against Chicago. He wasn’t bad in the game against Dallas where he allowed 5 though. He stole the last game he played in the NHL.

He was due for a regression after his first 6 games. He may be still be due for a regression. He may not even be that good in the first place. Too small a sample size.

Not true. Your 'regression' is just the stupidity in front of him getting into his head.

Dude, of all people - I thought YOU actually played a little goal and knew how much your game changes when you have even a single defenseman on your team who can't do his job and gets beaten and allows that pass across the slot.

I can't defend the weak shots that get past Kinkaid - he's been awful at times - but some people here seem to think he got to that point in a vacuum - like he wakes up one day and leads us to the playoffs and the next day he's a scrub.

Like anything, playing goal is a learning process - and just like batters or pitchers in baseball or running backs or quarterbacks in football -

Watching your Dman do something stupid is just the same as locking up when you see a curveball because your mechanics are off or not throwing your slider because it has been getting wracked. It's just like not hitting the hole hard because you've met a linebacker there 5 times in a row, or getting happy feet even when there's no pressure because you've been getting pounded into the turf.

These guys are human and all it takes is 3 or 4 games of REALLY bad defense to break their confidence and spirit.

This is somehow LOST on some people DESPITE THE FACT OUR OTHER GOALIE JUST WENT 400 something days without winning a game. Brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad