Kingston Frontenacs 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
We will still have Cromiak and Wisdom that played with Wright. Toward the end of the year, we could score goals but the defense was brutal. We are in dire need of defense. We didn't have a real shutdown guy this past year. Our best defense pairing would have been third string on most other teams. Hache has great potential, but we still need more.

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
With losing both King and Brahaney, D is a must here. Likely either Isaiah George or Donovan McCoy.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
100% a defenseman. My hope if they use at least 2 of the their first 4 picks on D. I was asking in the draft thread about Nelson and if he'd make it to the Fronts and there was a bunch of debate about his height, so we'll see if he slides, since from what I've read he seems to be consensus #1 defenseman, but either way it's gotta be a defenseman. I've seen George ranked higher more consistently but McCoy is local(ish), so that could play a factor.

My guess is they'll pick up a cheap overage defenseman or two as well, right now they only have Baker and Pringle as 2000s, and I don't see Pringle coming back, though I hope Baker returns.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
If he's still available, would Kingston take the chance on Fantilli?

If he's open to revisiting the OHL option in a year, playing with Wright, Chromiak, Wisdom in a year Kingston is building for has to be tempting.

If he doesn't come, Kingston ends up with two 1st round picks they can trade in Wright's final year and possibly a bunch of picks.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
If he's still available, would Kingston take the chance on Fantilli?

If he's open to revisiting the OHL option in a year, playing with Wright, Chromiak, Wisdom in a year Kingston is building for has to be tempting.

If he doesn't come, Kingston ends up with two 1st round picks they can trade in Wright's final year and possibly a bunch of picks.

I don't think that's true. I believe they'd need to claim him defected by the start of the season next year. If you take Fantilli then you're waiting until next year to see what he decides and if he doesn't come then you get nothing for him. No comp pick

Reactions: Petes1 and dirty12

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I don't think that's true. I believe they'd need to claim him defected by the start of the season next year. If you take Fantilli then you're waiting until next year to see what he decides and if he doesn't come then you get nothing for him. No comp pick

Yep, my bad.

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
My guess is they'll pick up a cheap overage defenseman or two as well, right now they only have Baker and Pringle as 2000s, and I don't see Pringle coming back, though I hope Baker returns.

No way Pringle returns, Baker brings a physical aspect and decent secondary scoring, I think he will be back.

I could see them going for an OA or 19 yo goalie to split with Dugas. Not sure we have any viable options to backup, I know they've signed Aidan Spooner but his stats aren't extremely impressive.

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
I don't believe Fantilli will be available, so I think McCoy would be a good pick. Wright and Fantilli are friends...wouldn't that be something if Fantilli was available and Wright talked him into coming. Dream on.....

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
With the glaring holes on d has to be a dman.
McCoy or George would be my guess.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
With the glaring holes on d has to be a dman.
McCoy or George would be my guess.
Agree 100%, if I had to guess I'd lean McCoy because he's somewhat local (Belleville).

Then my guess is forward/defense in the third, don't have any names though.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
I don't believe Fantilli will be available, so I think McCoy would be a good pick. Wright and Fantilli are friends...wouldn't that be something if Fantilli was available and Wright talked him into coming. Dream on.....
Friends yes, but Fantilli would never report to play behind Wright , when he could go else where and be the man.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Cant agree , how many teams have a Wright type player in their line up ?
The kid has said it to boot.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Pick's in - Paul Ludwinski

Surprised they didn't go defense - they had their pick of the mill with only Nelson gone.

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
Don't like it. Guess we plan to outscore every team. Oh well. Welcome to ktown Paul.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
supposedly the draft is deeper with D, so F with 1st and 2-D in 3rd seems right to me

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
When is Kingston next pick
Realy with the lack of picks Kingston has they could not afford to take a flyer on Fantilli. You guys need warm bodies that want to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad