Kingston Frontenacs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eat The Rich

Jun 17, 2017
Where's the best place to park for a game in KGN?

Corner of Rideau St. and Ordnance St.

I haven't lived in Kingston for a few years now, but this was always my go-to. It may or may not still be free, but it's a 2 minute walk and I never once paid to park in it at the time.

5ksfv8g.jpg

Reactions: Blueliner65

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts pick up 2002 forward Dustin Hutton. From reading the Petes board they seem disappointed to lose him - anyone know much about him?

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Fronts pick up 2002 forward Dustin Hutton. From reading the Petes board they seem disappointed to lose him - anyone know much about him?

2001 born forward.

- first round pick in U18 draft two seasons ago
- second in team scoring this year in preseason
- 4 points in 5 games this year during regular season
- Fantastic skater, good puck skills but very small and can shy away from rough stuff and battling in corners

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
2001 born forward.

- first round pick in U18 draft two seasons ago
- second in team scoring this year in preseason
- 4 points in 5 games this year during regular season
- Fantastic skater, good puck skills but very small and can shy away from rough stuff and battling in corners

Ah my mistake, I read he was draft eligible this year and assumed he was 2002. Sounds like he'll fit in with Wright and a guy like Wisdom to go into the corners.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Corner of Rideau St. and Ordnance St.

I haven't lived in Kingston for a few years now, but this was always my go-to. It may or may not still be free, but it's a 2 minute walk and I never once paid to park in it at the time.

5ksfv8g.jpg

thanks!

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Ah my mistake, I read he was draft eligible this year and assumed he was 2002. Sounds like he'll fit in with Wright and a guy like Wisdom to go into the corners.

he’s a late birthday which is why he’s draft eligible as an ‘01

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
You were looking at the wrong year. 2000 born is an OA next year so Baker, Pringle and Gordon are their only 3 potential OA’s. They have 8 skater 2001’s (now 9 after claiming Dustin Hutton)

Thanks that still seems a little scary to me though for a team-building I would assume there will be some trades hopefully although I am not sure what or whoo you have to offer.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Am I reading this Gilmour stuff wrong? He left the leafs because they would not elevate him as a coach and now he is going back to kiss babies and go on the speaking circuit for the rubber chicken brigade.

maybe i am reading this wrong but is there a chance that he saw the writing on the door?

Let's face it he did nothing for this franchise. I am a firm believer that it was Gill that pulled the hammer on the draft the big year.

Reactions: BigBuck

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Am I reading this Gilmour stuff wrong? He left the leafs because they would not elevate him as a coach and now he is going back to kiss babies and go on the speaking circuit for the rubber chicken brigade.

maybe i am reading this wrong but is there a chance that he saw the writing on the door?

Let's face it he did nothing for this franchise. I am a firm believer that it was Gill that pulled the hammer on the draft the big year.
My perception for a long time has been that Gilmour was mostly a figurehead and likely checked out years ago on the Fronts - no worry on that, Jeff Twohey is a great hockey man and a true OHL guy. I'm not a big Darren Keily fan, but whatever.

I think Gilmour has felt more of a connection to Toronto than Kingston for a long time, I think he likes the bright lights, big city and he's obviously a star in Toronto. All that said, I think you have to take it at face value when he says Kingston isn't the same without his parents there, I can certainly relate to that, or staying in a particular location for family concerns, that you might not otherwise when those people are gone.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
I live in Burlington and I see Gilmour around town a lot more than I would expect if he was super involved with the Fronts.

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
Fronts are on a roll.....4 wins in a row and 9 out of 10 points in last 5. I think this young team is starting to believe in themselves and getting more confident .

Generalsupdates

Sep 4, 2017
Anyone have any idea what's going on with Anthony Aguanno? Elite prospects says he's not playing anywhere this year? Still a pretty young guy. Surprised we haven't heard of him join an OJHL or GOJHL team

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Gen update

It could be that he decided if he could not make the Fronts that he decided not to play anymore competitive. BUT this is only a guess.

My question is was he at training camp and if he did how did he look.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Gen update

It could be that he decided if he could not make the Fronts that he decided not to play anymore competitive. BUT this is only a guess.

My question is was he at training camp and if he did how did he look.

He was there, he didn't look too bad but he was definitely outshined by others - specifically Hache, who IMO was the camp surprise and beat out Aguanno for the last spot.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Game is cancelled today so if you were about to attempt the trip, stay home, stay safe.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
The game that was postponed Sunday December 2nd has been been scheduled for this Thursday December 7th. Tickets for the Sunday’s game will be valid for the rescheduled Thursday game. also will be the teddy bear toss night

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
I am assuming where possible you guys are sellers. Who do you have that would be any use to a team going for it anyone?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I am assuming where possible you guys are sellers. Who do you have that would be any use to a team going for it anyone?
Brahaney could be a decent add, but I'm not sure he's worth an OA spot on any true contender.

Dawson Baker would be a solid energy line guy, gets under the opponent's skin and plays physical, goes to the tough areas and all of those other "gritty" sports cliches - built selfishly I don't wanna trade him since he's one of my favourites to watch.

Other than that I don't think there's anyone that'd be able to contribute on a good team, I'd be glad to hear others opinions though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad