Kingston Frontenacs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
If you take a look at the game sheet you will see Brahaney, King, Chromiak, Wright and Wisdom were on for the final Oshawa goal.
They are the number 1 line offensively but far from stellar defensively. Chromiak believes the defensive zone is center ice!
Problem is that line was out working to score the tying goal with two face offs to change guys up and they were still on ice for the winner. Coaches job to get the right defensive guys out there.
# 1 line on the ice for 4 goals against - one a PK. That should be your shut down line...think again.

Do you think he’s saying guys we have 1 minute to get to OT, why don’t you go out there and try and let the other team get a quick one on us? Get a clue
No I don't think that at all, the coach should have been saying give me the 5 most experienced veteran defensive players I have so that we can get to OT and get a point. Imagine this, if Kingston and there poor choices from the coach had been able to at least get the games to overtime in the 14 games they were leading in 3rd...they would have 14 more points in the standings and be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot. All on the coaching...is that a clue enough for you.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The interesting thing about the draft is that if the Fronts make the playoffs they go from the number 2 pick to the number 5 pick. It would get even worse when you look at the Euro draft.

To be honest if I was this team I would be playing for next year and not worry about catching anyone or getting 2 games with Ottawa in the playoffs

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
They are the number 1 line offensively but far from stellar defensively. Chromiak believes the defensive zone is center ice!
Problem is that line was out working to score the tying goal with two face offs to change guys up and they were still on ice for the winner. Coaches job to get the right defensive guys out there.
# 1 line on the ice for 4 goals against - one a PK. That should be your shut down line...think again.

No I don't think that at all, the coach should have been saying give me the 5 most experienced veteran defensive players I have so that we can get to OT and get a point. Imagine this, if Kingston and there poor choices from the coach had been able to at least get the games to overtime in the 14 games they were leading in 3rd...they would have 14 more points in the standings and be sitting comfortably in a playoff spot. All on the coaching...is that a clue enough for you.
You’re right in saying the top line isn’t the most responsible, but I don’t think the coach is sitting on a bunch of future selke winners on the bench. If there were better options out there he would probably use them, and if there were better options out there they wouldn’t be giving up 5 goals every game to begin with. People need to stop giving coaches that much credit.

Reactions: AttackBeacher

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
If you check the video of the Generals winning goal, you will see that it was Pinchuk on the ice, not Chromiak. Pinchuk is twice the size of Nuemann and barely nudges him in front of the net. Not enough aggression at crucial moments.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
The interesting thing about the draft is that if the Fronts make the playoffs they go from the number 2 pick to the number 5 pick. It would get even worse when you look at the Euro draft.

To be honest if I was this team I would be playing for next year and not worry about catching anyone or getting 2 games with Ottawa in the playoffs
Can’t say I ever thought this would happen, but I agree. Losing these close games could be very huge in a year or 2

Reactions: Uncle

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Truthking and beast are correct, management and coaches have strung the fans on about trying to make the playoffs.
Rumor is Bonello wanted out because he was sick of the tank job so he could at least play meaningful hockey his last season.
Team made some changes and turned it around which is not what the team wants so they have abandoned defensive structure. It has helped the number 1 line to produce but has hurt the team defensively. To my count it has been the number 1 line that has given game winning goal against 3 games in a row.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Truthking and beast are correct, management and coaches have strung the fans on about trying to make the playoffs.
Rumor is Bonello wanted out because he was sick of the tank job so he could at least play meaningful hockey his last season.
Team made some changes and turned it around which is not what the team wants so they have abandoned defensive structure. It has helped the number 1 line to produce but has hurt the team defensively. To my count it has been the number 1 line that has given game winning goal against 3 games in a row.
A glass half full perspective would be that they have hung in with some pretty good clubs recently, just can’t close the deal. One thing I have noticed is when it gets to crunch time, kingston seems to get pushed around quite easily. Not a lot of physicality from their forward group.

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
Congrats to Shane Wright for his first career OHL hat trick. Also for being named OHL rookie of the month and player of the month. A great accomplishment for one so young on a rebuilding team. I can't wait to watch you play the next couple of seasons.

WolvesAndWings

Wherever I go, the strawman follows
Mar 18, 2017
Several players on this team don’t belong in the OHL

It certainly looked that way today. Im not all that versed on Kingston's players and their ages, but other than Wisdom, who else are the Fronts looking at to form the core around Wright for the next two seasons?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
It certainly looked that way today. Im not all that versed on Kingston's players and their ages, but other than Wisdom, who else are the Fronts looking at to form the core around Wright for the next two seasons?

Chromiak, if he sticks around. Arcuri, Callens and Haché are all 03s that have looked solid at points this year. Frasca is a solid second liner, and when Pinchuk is one he's excellent.

Murray has the tools but is super raw.

Reactions: WolvesAndWings

BeliveauFan4ever

Apr 10, 2006
Hounds’ fan here, but I thought I would stop by to wish your team well.

Saw Kingston for the first time in eons the other night, and was there to see Shane Wright.

It wasn’t his night, but OTOH what I saw was your team has some good young players; there is definitely talent to build a league champion around Wright the next two years. Great to see; you folks deserve a winner.

Still fondly recall the Canadians with McKegney, Rhiness, Linseman and Crombeen. Great skaters and worth the price of admission, easily.

Best of luck with building. From what I can see there is real reason to be excited and legit reasons to dream big.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
Several players on this team don’t belong in the OHL
Well they are possibly the worst team in the league. So it would stand to reason that they would have some guys who are on the low end. If they didn’t they wouldn’t be where they are. Add into that the fact that all of their skill players are 17 and younger, you get the results they have produced.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
If the reg season ends now, does that mean kingston somehow managed to sneak into a playoff that will likely not happen? And thus go out of the bottom 2 in the draft?
That has to be the most Frontenac thing that has ever happened to them.

Reactions: dirty12

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Sounds like Vitali Pinchuk may be leaving, he posted a thank you message on Instagram that made it sounds like he's not coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->