Kingston Frontenacs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
Welcome Martin Chromiak. Didn't take long for that first OHL goal despite losing to the red hot 67's. Hoping for an entertaining second half of the season.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Anyone have any idea what's going on with Anthony Aguanno? Elite prospects says he's not playing anywhere this year? Still a pretty young guy. Surprised we haven't heard of him join an OJHL or GOJHL team
Apparently he's off to Caledonia, back together with Tyler Burnie, who, as an aside, is #1 in PIM and would be #1 in points if not for the 3 suspensions he's had, he's sitting at the top for PPG.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
So now that the trade deadline is past taking a look at the team next year what do you see.

Next year you may need a goalie or is Dugas going to be the man?

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
So now that the trade deadline is past taking a look at the team next year what do you see.

Next year you may need a goalie or is Dugas going to be the man?
If he can find consistency I think he could be a solid goalie behind the Kingston teams that undoubtedly improve next year, ultimately ramping for a run in 21-22, Wright's last year, which if I have it right would be Dugas' overage year.

There's games he dominates but other games he lets in a bad goal or there's a defensive collapse leading to a goal and he seems to let it get to him and it messes with him for the rest of the game.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
2nd and 3rd pair dman are just brutal
It's gonna be even worse next year when Brahaney and King are gone - Peric is kinda just there, Murray has all the tools but is still insanely raw, Haché has promise but apparently broke his foot yesterday so that hurts his development and Brand is a big dude but that's it. They need to make a move for a a good defenseman and also draft defensemen.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
The problem I see with the Fronts and I am sure people will correct me if I am wrong. You guys have too many positions that you need help. Who do you have next year to play with Wright and support him? Then what do you have for a second line?

Unfortunately, I see you guys missing the playoffs again next year. everyone else in the conference has players that can step up

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
The problem I see with the Fronts and I am sure people will correct me if I am wrong. You guys have too many positions that you need help. Who do you have next year to play with Wright and support him? Then what do you have for a second line?

Unfortunately, I see you guys missing the playoffs again next year. everyone else in the conference has players that can step up
As far as I'm concerned they have their top line (Chromiak-Wright-Wisdom) for the next 2 years, which in 2 years I think should be one of the top lines in the league, maybe even next year - but otherwise yeah they have no one. The rest of the team is at best 3rd line, realistically 4th line. They are young but I don't see a huge amount of potential, Arcuri maybe could develop into a 2nd liner, Callens could be a really good 3rd line agitator a la Dawson Baker - but otherwise I don't see much.

Defense is just awful - Haché has potential but is going to miss a good chunk of time now, but otherwise I don't think they have much (I kind of outlined the defense above).

Goalie wise I think Dugas could be a solid goalie in his overage year, which I think is when they're gonna need to make a run.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
As far as I'm concerned they have their top line (Chromiak-Wright-Wisdom) for the next 2 years, which in 2 years I think should be one of the top lines in the league, maybe even next year - but otherwise yeah they have no one. The rest of the team is at best 3rd line, realistically 4th line. They are young but I don't see a huge amount of potential, Arcuri maybe could develop into a 2nd liner, Callens could be a really good 3rd line agitator a la Dawson Baker - but otherwise I don't see much.

Defense is just awful - Haché has potential but is going to miss a good chunk of time now, but otherwise I don't think they have much (I kind of outlined the defense above).

Goalie wise I think Dugas could be a solid goalie in his overage year, which I think is when they're gonna need to make a run.
I think you’re underselling the room for growth from all their young forwards, Wong and arcuri should make a nice 2nd line, Murray and Hache should play a lot on the backend and play well, and the top line next year should be one of the top units in the league. I think you need to realize just how young that forward group is right now, expect big production next year

Hokky

Nov 2, 2017
I think you’re underselling the room for growth from all their young forwards, Wong and arcuri should make a nice 2nd line, Murray and Hache should play a lot on the backend and play well, and the top line next year should be one of the top units in the league. I think you need to realize just how young that forward group is right now, expect big production next year
I agree Truthking, that more than our top line shows potential. They are young and I like what I see with Wong, Arcuri, Callens, Mercer and Frasca. One year older and another year under their belts and who knows? I'm not writing them off yet. As for the defense, leafs4life isn't wrong IMO. The defense has been awful. We lose Brahaney and King next year. The supporting staff at the backend has not been good. Too many giveaways in our own end when pressured resulting in opposition goals. I have faith in Dugas. With him being out almost all of last year, this is like a rookie season for him and I think he has played well for the most part.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
I agree Truthking, that more than our top line shows potential. They are young and I like what I see with Wong, Arcuri, Callens, Mercer and Frasca. One year older and another year under their belts and who knows? I'm not writing them off yet. As for the defense, leafs4life isn't wrong IMO. The defense has been awful. We lose Brahaney and King next year. The supporting staff at the backend has not been good. Too many giveaways in our own end when pressured resulting in opposition goals. I have faith in Dugas. With him being out almost all of last year, this is like a rookie season for him and I think he has played well for the most part.
I would say you’re correct on the def, I would expect the 1st rd this year to be a d, and they very much need to find an OA dman or 2 next year.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

Yeah that post might have been a little pessimistic - I was reeling based off the collapse on Friday and the dismantling by the Tomasino line on Saturday.

I agree that Arcuri should be a solid 2nd liner, but I'm not sure about Wong. If you would've asked me last year I would've agreed but I feel like he's taken a big step back this year - I'm pretty sure he even got benched at one point - and as an 01 I'm not sure if they'll keep him as an overager for their big run year

As I said above - agree about Arcuri, not so sure about Wong. The other guys you've named - I really like Callens but I'm not sure what his offensive ceiling is, Mercer might be a good energy guy but I don't see much offensive upside, but Frasca is a good complementary piece - I probably should've mentioned him before.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
OH my, I think Kingston needs to look for a coach next season. How many games can you lose in the last couple minutes of games.
That is poor, inexperienced coaching not reading the tempo, not having the right personnel on the ice.

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
I agree, they've pissed away alot of points in the last minutes of games. Not sold on Foster.

Chipmunk

Sep 20, 2019
OH my, I think Kingston needs to look for a coach next season. How many games can you lose in the last couple minutes of games.
That is poor, inexperienced coaching not reading the tempo, not having the right personnel on the ice.
If you take a look at the game sheet you will see Brahaney, King, Chromiak, Wright and Wisdom were on for the final Oshawa goal. Your number one line and your two most experienced defense. As an Oshawa supporter I was very impressed with how well your team played last night. Your coaching staff is doing a wonderful job with a very young team. I understand your frustration - we all hate to lose but it's not your coaching staff's fault. I expect you will be a very competitive team next year.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
If you take a look at the game sheet you will see Brahaney, King, Chromiak, Wright and Wisdom were on for the final Oshawa goal. Your number one line and your two most experienced defense. As an Oshawa supporter I was very impressed with how well your team played last night. Your coaching staff is doing a wonderful job with a very young team. I understand your frustration - we all hate to lose but it's not your coaching staff's fault. I expect you will be a very competitive team next year.
If you are a chef given bologna and bread, do you expect a gourmet meal? What do these people want the coach to do? Do you think he’s saying guys we have 1 minute to get to OT, why don’t you go out there and try and let the other team get a quick one on us? Get a clue

Reactions: AttackBeacher

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
I think the frustration comes from just how many blown leads they've had, along with the last minute goals in the last two games. I don't have an updated number, but when the Fronts were on Sportsnet at the end of January, the commentator said the the Fronts had leads in 14 of their losses. That's a ridiculous number, and though it is somewhat to be expected with such a young team, it still really stings as a fan. It does give lots of optimism for next year though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad