Kingston Frontenacs 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
Frontenacs acquire 3rd rd pick in 2020 and cond. 4th rd pick in 2023 from London Knights for G Matt Onuska.

Reactions: dirty12

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Kingston did very well in this deal. You don't often get a 3rd plus cond. 4th for a 7th round prospect that spent a year at junior B.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Kingston did very well in this deal. You don't often get a 3rd plus cond. 4th for a 7th round prospect that spent a year at junior B.

He had a pretty good run with Waterloo winning the JR B Cup and appearing in 27 playoff games. He comes with a decent resume BUT still Kingston got a good return as you note as JR B to the OHL is still a big jump and is not guaranteed.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
No lineups - but teams for the scrimmages

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1566936746525.jpg
    FB_IMG_1566936746525.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 9

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Watched the Gold/White game tonight - couple takeaways

1. Braden Hache looked like a stud - for defencemen he was a close second behind Murray on gold, ahead of Gordon.
2. Justin Pringle looked lost quite often, but scored a beautiful breakaway goal - no idea if he'll make the team or not.
3. Shane Wright didn't dominate, but he definitely didn't look out of place, had a couple shifts where he had good possession in the offensive zone.
4. Adrian Beraldo has an attitude - always seemed to have a scowl on his face, played very physical with the rookies.

Reactions: WolvesFanSudbury

fr3022

Mar 27, 2019
I'm not surprised by the cuts. I did think there were some first year players that have a future with the Fronts. Does anyone have any info on how players performed over the last 3 days? Is Frappier worth a pick?

kidconko

Dec 5, 2018
Fronts fall 5-4 in a shootout.
Young guys look good,
Didnt notice Wright much until one shift where he dangled for about 40 seconds straight it seemed.
Walker on Oshawa very physical.
Liked what I saw tonight.

Reactions: LDN and TuckerFan1

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Arcuri looked good tonight on the PP. Was a close game until the goalie switch. Spooner isn't ready for that level it looked like but Bonello was good. Wright was dangerous on many shifts tonight

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Fronts acquire defenseman Lucas Peric from Ottawa for a 23 4th and a 24 3rd

Personally I'm not sure what they're gonna do with their defense, if I had to choose Gordon and Brand in the press box

fr3022

Mar 27, 2019
Quite the group of young D the Frontenacs are building up

It's hard to understand this. Lacking forward depth and future draft picks the Fronts trade picks for a 4-6 smallish Dman when they already have 8 D and they're in a year where D depth seems healthy around the league. Hopefully, they have related moves forthcoming. Otherwise, this is just odd and shortsighted.

Truthking

Mar 27, 2016
It's hard to understand this. Lacking forward depth and future draft picks the Fronts trade picks for a 4-6 smallish Dman when they already have 8 D and they're in a year where D depth seems healthy around the league. Hopefully, they have related moves forthcoming. Otherwise, this is just odd and shortsighted.
Looking to build for next year and also I’m guessing they weren’t happy with some of the guys on d currently. I’m sure as the year goes on they will try and find some more 17 year old fwds too

Reactions: dirty12

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
What type of player is Shane Wright supposed to be? Playmaker? Goal scorer?

Only caught parts of the first two games, but I wasn't overly impressed with him. He didn't look *bad* or anything, but I didn't see any shifts where he displayed any sort of elite ability.

Is he supposed to be dynamic? Or more of a solid two-way contributor?

BadgerBruce

Aug 8, 2013
What type of player is Shane Wright supposed to be? Playmaker? Goal scorer?

Only caught parts of the first two games, but I wasn't overly impressed with him. He didn't look *bad* or anything, but I didn't see any shifts where he displayed any sort of elite ability.

Is he supposed to be dynamic? Or more of a solid two-way contributor?

Wright’s upside is as a thoroughly dominant 2-way player.

But as is often the case, highly touted players who enter the CHL from thoroughly dominant minor midget teams often have difficulty adjusting to playing without the puck at the major junior level.

Wright’s minor midget AAA club lost once in 84 games. The club’s average per-game goal differential was an astonishing 4.17 — the next best team was 2.29. The club played some games where they did not surrender ANY shots on goal.

This wasn’t an aberration. The team performed at a similar level of nearly farcical dominance for years, finishing as the #1 ranked 03 AAA team since at least major peewee, which is as far back as the ranking websites go.

Back in the Spring, just prior to the priority selection draft, someone I respect asked me to evaluate Shane Wright’s defensive game. My answer was simple and honest: I have no idea, and anyone who claims to know the answer is giving you a personal projection instead of an evidence-based evaluation. More often than not, the Zamboni only needed to resurface half of the ice sheet. God help the scout trying to get a read on the team’s goaltenders. Watch the warmup, would have been my advice.

So be patient, Frontenacs fans. You have a player who will not be 16 for another 3 months and for the first time in his hockey-playing life is getting acquainted with the south end of the rink and playing huge stretches where the opponent has control of the puck. Most observers believe that Wright has the tools and the mind needed to fairly quickly figure out how defence drives offence at the CHL and higher levels, but experience will be his best teacher and it won’t always be pretty to watch.

But then again, the process of making sausages isn’t pretty to watch, but most people like the end result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->