Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
it's been reported publicly that Voynov is in the process of attempt to get clearance from the governments in North America to come back on a work visa. So things are already in motion.
Where have you seen this reported?

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Does Brickley play with an edge to him? I agree about that, Phaneuf has that edge and then some, but after him it is a drop off. AMart tries sometimes, especially if it involves someone messing with Quick, but yeah, not much aggression as a unit

Brickley is big, but he's more of a mobile guy, more offensive. At least from the times I've seen him play in college (only a few). He stood out right away, but not for the physical stuff. He actually reminds me a lot of the Toronto version of Phaneuf, without the nastiness. Brickley doesn't seem the type to go out of his way to lay the wood like Phaneuf does.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/7 recap:

Moose Jaw lost 4-0, Clague was -1. (series tied 1-1)
Victoria lost 4-1, Reddekopp was scoreless and -1. (Tri-City leads 2-0)
Portland lost 6-0, Kehler stopped 17/22 before being pulled after the 2nd. (series tied 1-1)

4/8 games:

Barrie @ Kingston (Vilardi)
Sarnia (Rymsha) @ Kitchener

Last edited:

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Where have you seen this reported?

Sorry, I don't have the link, but someone posted the link on the Insider Board a few days ago, I don't remember who or where, but said the process has been in the works for some time. Futa mentioned to me personally last year in Oct the Kings were interested in Voynov, so that tells me the change in regime made in big difference in whether they would entertain him coming back.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sorry, I don't have the link, but someone posted the link on the Insider Board a few days ago, I don't remember who or where, but said the process has been in the works for some time. Futa mentioned to me personally last year in Oct the Kings were interested in Voynov, so that tells me the change in regime made in big difference in whether they would entertain him coming back.

Mayor and Fourth Period guys have been banging that drum hard for 2 years now too. There's smoke for sure.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
8GP, 7 goals, 16 points for 2PPG and leading the playoffs.
He also had a game best 6 shots on goal, and won 8 out of 10 faceoffs.

Barrie forward Andrei Svechnikov is the top ranked North American skater for the 2018 draft. Him and Vilardi are both 18 (Svechnikov is only half a year younger), and Vilardi has been just as good if not better than him.

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
2018-19

BROWN KOPITAR TOFFOLI
PEARSON VILARDI CARTER
IAFALLO KEMPE RIEDER
CLIFFORD THOMPSON LEWIS
(BRODZINSKI) (AMADIO)

FORBORT DOUGHTY
MUZZIN PHANEUF
BRICKLEY MARTINEZ
(LADUE)

QUICK
CAMPBELL

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Obviously like everyone else Vilardi continues to excite me. However I really like the look of Rymsha. I assume he has another year of Junior? He looks like a great late round pick and as things stand I’d be disappointed if he didn’t end up on our bottom 6 in the future.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Obviously like everyone else Vilardi continues to excite me. However I really like the look of Rymsha. I assume he has another year of Junior? He looks like a great late round pick and as things stand I’d be disappointed if he didn’t end up on our bottom 6 in the future.

Rymsha turns 20 in August, so he'll at least be a candidate for Ontario.

Reactions: regulate

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Barrie forward Andrei Svechnikov is the top ranked North American skater for the 2018 draft. Him and Vilardi are both 18 (Svechnikov is only half a year younger), and Vilardi has been just as good if not better than him.
Well I wouldnt go that far yet. Svechnikov is a real sniper with skill but who knows.

For now I would rank Vilardi top 8 or so in a re ranking. Svechnikov is IMO the clear cut #2 in this years draft. I would really be surprised if Zadina went before him.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Well I wouldnt go that far yet. Svechnikov is a real sniper with skill but who knows.

For now I would rank Vilardi top 8 or so in a re ranking. Svechnikov is IMO the clear cut #2 in this years draft. I would really be surprised if Zadina went before him.
I was talking about just this series specifically. I do think Vilardi has been just as good if not better in the series.

The entirety of the season is another story. Svechnikov is a better goal scorer.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/9 games:

Owen Sound won 6-2, Phillips was scoreless and -1, Villalta stopped 21/27 in taking the Loss. (Owen Sound lead 2-1)

4/10 games:

Barrie @ Kingston (Vilardi)
Kitchener @ Sarnia (Rymsha)
Moose Jaw (Clague) @ Swift Current
Everett @ Portland (Kehler)
Victoria (Reddekopp) @ Tri-City

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Villalta seems to be struggling a bit. SSM steamrolled everyone during the regular season. They are learning quickly this isn't the regular season. Friend was +4 in the win for Owen Sound.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It’s been a long while since the Kings drafted a teenager who has dominated at the level Vilardi has. Hopefully a sign of things to come.
Are you referring to Schenn? He put up similar production as an 18 year old. 1.67 PPG, compared to 1.81 for Vilardi.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
4/10 recap:

Kingston won 4-2, Vilardi had 2 Goals and +3. (series tied 2-2)
Sarnia won 4-1 Rymsha was scoreless and even, but 14/18 at the dot. (Sarnia leads 2-1)
Moose Jaw won 4-3 in OT, Clague had 2 Assists and +2. (Moose Jaw leads 2-1)
Portland lost 6-2, Kehler stopped 22/27 in taking the loss. (Everett leads 2-1)
Victoria lost 6-5, Reddekopp was scoreless and -2. (Tri-City leads 3-0)

4/11 games:

SSM (Villalta) @ Owen Sound (Phillips)
Moose Jaw (Clague) @ Swift Current
Victoria (Reddekopp) @ Tri-City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad