Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Good to see Reddekop putting up decent numbers. He's got size and is a +7 on a so-so Royals team. Might be a late bloomer.

Clague really cooled off after his start.

Luff is still injured, been out a while now.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Good to see Reddekop putting up decent numbers. He's got size and is a +7 on a so-so Royals team. Might be a late bloomer.

Clague really cooled off after his start.

Luff is still injured, been out a while now.

Did Spencer Watson ever return from his injury?

Thanks!!!

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Continued. Copying posts from previous thread (which will look weird as they precede this one :P)

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Do you guys realize that both Watson & Wagner are gingers?

And that it's possible that, in the future, Kopitar may have a pair of ginger wingers?

With "Ws" starting off their respective last names? :amazed::amazed::amazed:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Not to be a wet blanket on the Spencer Watson hype, but to put things in perspective, do note that Watson is an overager who is in his fifth season in the OHL.

He really should be in Ontario.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Not to be a wet blanket on the Spencer Watson hype, but to put things in perspective, do note that Watson is an overager who is in his fifth season in the OHL.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2016/09/15/prospect-notes-rookie-camp-watson-surgery-dergachyov/

Had surgery on his wrist before the season started. I believe he well on his way to make the Reign before his injury. Don't want to throw a rookie AHL into the fire after missing 3-4 months with an injury.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I agree, but I think the positive to get out of this is he's doing what he should be doing. If he was struggling to score, we'd all be legitimately worried about his viability as a prospect

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW

His injury was unfortunate, but I think he would have been better served acclimating to the pro game when he returned. Then again, I'm far from a hockey professional :)

Still, I prefer juniors to an alternative like the ECHL. It's chaos down there.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I agree, but I think the positive to get out of this is he's doing what he should be doing. If he was struggling to score, we'd all be legitimately worried about his viability as a prospect

Yup. Overagers should dominate CHL if they are there and he seems to be doing that (6g, 7pts in 3gp). This is the point I was trying to get across last year though with Mistele, who many wanted to sign. 33g, 58pts in 61 games is not nearly good enough for overager to justify bringing him to pro game. If you are in CHL as overager you better be a dominant force to justify bringing that player to pro game.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Obviously the injury screwed him, or he most likely would have made the ONT team. He was on the ONT roster during his entire rehab (and getting paid), until they sent him back to Juniors. His fate was sealed with the surgery. ONT already has too many veteran players with the likes of Scuderi, Latta, Trotman and Purcell being sent down, there was no room at the inn as the season wore on. I actually spoke with him in person for about 5 minutes about this during the meet the players event at the start of the season, and he was aware that going to Juniors was going to happen due to missing a lot of the season and he had a good attitude about it. He really is just a kid, with a very high compete level. I think he will be a pretty good AHLer, but of course it remains to be seen if he can compete physically with the big players, especially at the NHL level.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Clague can really move, fun to watch out there. Looks like he's gonna be a good one. Long-term Marty replacement, maybe more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad