Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/17 results:

Niagara won 10-0, Thomas had a Goal(19), an Assist(39) and was +1.
SSM won 5-1, Villalta stopped 32/33.
Guelph won 5-3, Phillips was scoreless and +2.

1/18 games:

Flint @ Mississauga (Ingham)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ Guelph (Phillips)
Vancouver @ Spokane (JAD)

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Prokhorkin is 18+14 after 33 games in the KHL. His contract is over after this season, and considering he hasn't still signed a new one, it looks like he's going to come to NA. I bet, the Kings management wouldn't mind to get him on the team.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Prokhorkin is 18+14 after 33 games in the KHL. His contract is over after this season, and considering he hasn't still signed a new one, it looks like he's going to come to NA. I bet, the Kings management wouldn't mind to get him on the team.
Futa has said they want him and that Proks told them he wouldn’t resign in the KHL, so yes... hopefully he finally comes over!!!

Reactions: Kingsfan1

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/18 results:

Mississauga won 8-5, Ingham DNP.
Guelph won 5-2, Phillips was scoreless and +2, Dudas had a Goal(16) and even.
Spokane lost 6-4, Anderson-Dolan had 2 Assists(8) and +1.

1/19 games:

Flint @ Niagara (Thomas)
SSM (Villalta) @ Barrie
Mississauga (Ingham) @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Tri-City @ Spokane (JAD)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/19 results:

Niagara won 7-2, Thomas had 2 Goals(21), 3 Assists(42) and a +4.
SSM won 8-5, Villalta stopped 25/30.
Mississauga won 6-3, Ingham stopped 25/28, Dudas was scoreless and -1.
Spokane lost 2-1 in a SO, Anderson-Dolan had a Goal(4) and +1.

1/20 games:

Niagara (Thomas) @ Guelph (Phillips)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ Kitchener
Sarnia @ Mississauga (Ingham)
Sudbury @ SSM (Villalta)

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands

Dominik Kubalik has 18 goals and 40 points after 35 games in the Swiss league.

He is younger and better.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
He is younger but he is nowhere near better..
You have no idea.

Only thing Prokhorkin has on him, is flashiness.

Kubalik is faster, has a better wrister and even an incredible slapper. Leading PPG scorer for his team the last few years.

Does not play with former NHL stars, he leads by example.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
You have no idea.

Kubalik is faster, has a better wrister and even an incredible slapper. Leading PPG scorer for his team the last few years.

Kubalik consistently shows he can score at a high level in the leagues he plays in. On video you can see an NHL release. Not sure about his all around game, but I would certainly think he is worth a shot. Younger too.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Thomas has been playing well. He has 2 goals and an assist against a strong Guelph team. Scoring a personal best 23 goal with plenty of hockey left to raise that mark. 4-3 victory for Niagara and Thomas was 2nd star.

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
You have no idea.

To equate having a better slapper to being a better player is ridiculous! He maybe faster and have a better shot but he lacks the board play, creativity, and the versatility of Prokhorkin... and with any luck both will be brought over and you’ll get to see that first hand.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Akil Thomas is absolutely en fuego.

where does thomas rank for you guys in the kings top 10 list now? is vilardi still 1 despite all the injuries?
who's the biggest surprise this year? biggest disappointment? biggest riser from september?

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
where does thomas rank for you guys in the kings top 10 list now? is vilardi still 1 despite all the injuries?
who's the biggest surprise this year? biggest disappointment? biggest riser from september?

Vilardi still has the highest potential out of everyone and should still be #1. Biggest surprise? Probably Markus Phillips. I don't think anyone thought much about him, but making the Canadian WJC team is very impressive despite their shortcomings this year. Biggest Disappointment? I can't think of anybody, but I'm sure a lot of people will say Kale Clague even though I vehemently disagree. He had a bad preseason and start in AHL, but from what I've heard from Stothers is that he has gotten better. Biggest riser? Akil probably with Mikey Anderson I think.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
biggest surprise and riser since september, Cal Petersen

he's really impressive, saw a few of his games this year. between vilardi, JAD, petersen, thomas, clague and kupari,
which guy would you have 6th?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/20 results:

Niagara won 4-3, Thomas had 2 Goals(23), an Assist(43) and +1. Phillips was scoreless and even.
Owen Sound lost 5-3, Dudas had Goal(17), an Assist(21) and -2.
Mississauga won 3-2, Ingham stopped 27/29.
SSM won 7-4, Villalta stopped 33/37.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I posted this list in another thread a couple weeks ago:

1. Gabriel Vilardi
2. Cal Petersen
3. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
4. Rasmus Kupari
5. Mikey Anderson
6. Kale Clague
7. Akil Thomas
8. Markus Phillips
9. Bulat Shafigullin
10. Johan Sodergran

Though I realize I forgot Sheldon Rempal, so I probably would have put him at 9.

It can be modified with a bit of wiggle room, but I think it's fair to say most of these players aren't more than one spot off.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I posted this list in another thread a couple weeks ago:

1. Gabriel Vilardi
2. Cal Petersen
3. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
4. Rasmus Kupari
5. Mikey Anderson
6. Kale Clague
7. Akil Thomas
8. Markus Phillips
9. Bulat Shafigullin
10. Johan Sodergran

Though I realize I forgot Sheldon Rempal, so I probably would have put him at 9.

It can be modified with a bit of wiggle room, but I think it's fair to say most of these players aren't more than one spot off.

That's a good list, I guess it depends on what the threshold is for a prospect (age, # of NHL games player or not).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad