Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
That's a good list, I guess it depends on what the threshold is for a prospect (age, # of NHL games player or not).

For the sake of ease, I consider a prospect at this point any player not expected to be on the Kings roster until next season at the earliest (which is why players like Luff and Wagner are omitted).

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
That's a good list, I guess it depends on what the threshold is for a prospect (age, # of NHL games player or not).

Since you see a lot of the Reign games, how is Austin Strand been looking? How was Brickley looking, up till his injury?
Finally....your view on Eyssimont? Thanks in advance!

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Since you see a lot of the Reign games, how is Austin Strand been looking? How was Brickley looking, up till his injury?
Finally....your view on Eyssimont? Thanks in advance!

Strand is going to need a couple years on the defensive side (typical I guess) but there are a lot of things to like about his game, and if he progresses over the next couple of seasons, I think there is NHL potential there. Still see some areas where he is adjusting to the speed of the pro game on his defensive reads, but I really like his reach, he can play physical (still needs to fill out that frame though) and he is a good puck handler for a tall man and has a good shot. I like his poise in the offensive zone and with the puck. Pretty good passer too. I think he has significantly more potential to make the leap than say Reddekopp, who just isn't good in his coverage and gives away the puck with abandon.

Brickley has been the biggest disappoint of the prospects this season in my eyes, maybe my hopes were too high. Has poise and covers a lot of ground with his reach, compete level needs to be a lot higher and his D reads have caused him to get burned way to often on odd man rushes (same with Clague for that matter). Brickley's huge size does help him make up for mistakes, but he lacks quickness, and I thought he would be more of an offensive force. Still, there is hope, but it's been a challenging year for him and the Reign for that matter.

Eyssimont does have a decent wrist shot and hands, but he doesn't stand out a lot in most aspects of his game. Just skilled enough to tease you at the AHL level, but right now I think the NHL is a bit of a long shot. Still, it's his rookie season. Average skater might be his biggest hurdle to reach the next level. He is mostly playing on the 3rd and 4th lines, depending on the opponent, sometimes on the top six with the team is short on talent up front.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
CHL Notebook: Akil Thomas among scorching-hot players

In the Ontario Hockey League, Niagara IceDogs forward Akil Thomas has 19 points, including nine goals, in his last six games.
A second-round pick of the Los Angeles Kings, Thomas has 23 goals and 66 points in just 39 games. His 23 goals are already a career high.
The 19-year-old is playing on a Niagara team that loaded up for a long playoff run by adding Dallas Stars prospect Jason Robertson and Boston Bruins pick Jack Studnicka ahead of the trade deadline.
Ben Jones, a teammate of Thomas in Niagara and a Vegas Golden Knights prospect, had a 10-game point streak snapped on Sunday. In that stretch, Jones had 10 goals and 26 points.

CHL Notebook: Akil Thomas among scorching-hot players - Sportsnet.ca

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Watched lots of Jason Robertson when watching Vilardi last year, he's a f***ing stud for sure.

sinister6000

Apr 30, 2013
It's time for the Kings to subtracting players form this team. Get some picks, and top prospects from these playoff contenders.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
1+2 game for Prokhorkin. He's now 20+17 after 36 games.

He's an old Kucherov's and Gusev's linemate, btw, played in the MHL with them, and is playing with Gusev on SKA right now. It's impossible to get Kucherov, of course, but Gusev, on the other side, is quite possible, if Las Vegas trades him...

Last edited:

Oof

Oct 23, 2018
Can't find the link but did anyone see Kupari's amazing assist the other day? Absolutely gorgeous

Reactions: lumbergh

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/25 results:

Mississauga won 4-3 in OT, Ingham DNP.
Guelph beat Owen Sound 6-1, Phillips had an Assist(11) and +2. Dudas was scoreless and -1.
Spokane lost 3-0, Anderson-Dolan was -2.

1/26 results:

Mississauga lost 4-3 in OT, Ingham DNP.
Niagara won 4-3, Thomas had an Assist(44) and -2.
SSM won 8-2, Villalta stopped 23/25.
Owen Sound won 5-2, Dudas had a Goal(18) and +3.
Spokane lost 3-1, Anderson-Dolan had an Assist(9) and was even.

1/27 games:

Niagara (Thomas) @ Windsor
Sudbury @ Mississauga (Ingham)
Kitchener @ SSM (Villalta)

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/27 results:

Niagara won 4-3, Thomas was scoreless and even.
Mississauga lost 2-1, Ingham DNP.
SSM lost 4-3 in OT, Villalta stopped 29/33.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Prospects now? (I think it's fair to leave Vilardi off for now...but knowing full well, he is top tier if comes back and I am truly hopeful)
Going to leave off Luff, Walker, Wagner and MacDermid.

Big list...quantity and quality. Looking better now. Honestly, too hard to rate guys like Hults,
Dudas, Shaffigullin, Sodergran, Hrenak, Kehler. Any one of them can emerge...or not. Let's hope there's a few more Mikey Anderson's that emerge, as he has.

Kupari
Petersen
JAD
Grundstrom
Clague
Thomas
Anderson
Brickley
Rempal
Durzi
Strand
Villalta
Phillips
Amadio
Shafigullin
Sodergran
Hrenak
Dudas
Hults
Eyssimont
Roy
Kehler

Reactions: BallPointHammer

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
:amazed: Filthy!!! Man really really hope this kid becomes another Petterson or someone sort of close to him at least. We sure need a top prospect or two in this organization right about now.

That's what this season and next season are about, being terrible, probably getting a Top 5 pick each year, getting top-end talent.

saintsnsoldiers

GO KINGS GO
Jun 13, 2007
Arizona, Tucson
Prospects now? (I think it's fair to leave Vilardi off for now...but knowing full well, he is top tier if comes back and I am truly hopeful)
Going to leave off Luff, Walker, Wagner and MacDermid.

Big list...quantity and quality. Looking better now. Honestly, too hard to rate guys like Hults,
Dudas, Shaffigullin, Sodergran, Hrenak, Kehler. Any one of them can emerge...or not. Let's hope there's a few more Mikey Anderson's that emerge, as he has.

Kupari
Petersen
JAD
Grundstrom
Clague
Thomas
Anderson
Brickley
Rempal
Durzi
Strand
Villalta
Phillips
Amadio
Shafigullin
Sodergran
Hrenak
Dudas
Hults
Eyssimont
Roy
Kehler
Great list with lots of potential but I would put Strand at the top of that list, what I saw from him at the rookie games here in Vegas was awesome. This kid was hands down our best player there. It was not even close. Cool composed and a great first pass. Hard shot and hit like a truck. Strand will be the stand out from this list. Cant wait to see in in a Kings uni next year. Yes he is that close.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I think its important right to accumulate a lot of picks within the next couple of years. I see Vilardi (if healthy), Kupari and JAD making the team next year. It'll be important to make sure to continue to replace guys as they make the roster. If they can somehow manage to get another 1st round pick for next years draft as well, I think they'll be in a good shape in a couple of years.

Reactions: Kingsfan1

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I think its important right to accumulate a lot of picks within the next couple of years. I see Vilardi (if healthy), Kupari and JAD making the team next year. It'll be important to make sure to continue to replace guys as they make the roster. If they can somehow manage to get another 1st round pick for next years draft as well, I think they'll be in a good shape in a couple of years.

Agree. If you believe the Blake quotes, they are talking calls on virtually everybody who hold no-trade/no-move rights, move guys like Thompson & Hagelin (even if they each only get you a 6th), maybe Martinez gets a 2nd & 3rd, and the list goes on.....Carter, Quick, Toffoli etc. As many kicks at the can as possible.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Great list with lots of potential but I would put Strand at the top of that list, what I saw from him at the rookie games here in Vegas was awesome. This kid was hands down our best player there. It was not even close. Cool composed and a great first pass. Hard shot and hit like a truck. Strand will be the stand out from this list. Cant wait to see in in a Kings uni next year. Yes he is that close.
How is he doing in Ontario and Manchester? Do you think he might get a call up this season? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad