Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Glass' continued development has really impressed me.

Phillips with Bouchard, whoa. I love me some Bouchard, and Phillips could really be playing a Muzzin-to-Doughty role there, since he's versatile enough.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
How do the current D prospects rank?

I admit I can't do justice, without having seen some of them play....and they are in different leagues and levels, from SHL, NCAA, to OHL, to the Reign, etc. So would appreciate others lists.
I suppose Walker is a legit prospect and showing that he has NHL potential for certain, but turning 24, I would put a 20 year old like Strand above him, as Strand may be
a top 4 NHL D, by the time he's 24. Brickley is raw and has tools, mobility and size...just needs a lot of work. I hope the Kings can draft 1 of: Hughes / Kakko / Cozens / Podkolzin / Dach (reading Cozens much better skater than Dach, so prefer Cozens the way speed is paramount - if Dach doens't skate better than Vilardi....would prefer Cozens or Podkolzin) HOWEVER, if the Kings can land another
#1 pick for 2019, I want them to take the best defenseman on the board. Unless a forward on their
list is truly one they covet. Need some topend D in the system, at the Clague or better level)

1 Clague
2 Brickley
3 Strand
4 Anderson
5 Phillips
6 Walker
7 Hults
8 Moverare SHL
9 Roy
10 MacDermid
11 Lintuniemi
12 Reddekopp

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Just f***ing shut him down for the year so he can stop traveling everywhere by coffin and hearse.

Seriously though the amount of times he's gotten 'close' only to suffer setbacks is getting absolutely bonkers.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Finland beat Denmark 7-0 in a pre tournament practice game. Kupari centered the 1st line for Finland. He scored a goal in the 1st period. They also held a practice OT after regulation, and Kupari scored a goal to "win" the OT. No goals for Kakko.

Reactions: Fat Elvis

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hmm, maybe a way bigger Theo Fleury?

Not sure he's enough of asshole :laugh: I say that endearingly because Theo is my all time favorite player. STILL have a framed, signed poster here and I'm a 37 year old fanboy.

I'm having a hard time conceiving of a speedy guy with good hands at speed but not exactly murderous burst acceleration. But it's probably unfair to think Bure becuase I just can't think of a more explosive skater. Kupari is good at it himself obviously. He keeps getting compared to Aho and Kapanen, so can't complain, I guess it was more a commentary on Bure's acceleration than a referendum on Kupari's, which is great.

Edit: even here he doesn't 'wow' me with explosiveness, but his speed is totally deceptive, he's on people on the forecheck in a step or two before they realize it, but I don't see him really pulling away from people in the same manner.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I'm having a hard time conceiving of a speedy guy with good hands at speed but not exactly murderous burst acceleration. But it's probably unfair to think Bure becuase I just can't think of a more explosive skater. Kupari is good at it himself obviously. He keeps getting compared to Aho and Kapanen, so can't complain, I guess it was more a commentary on Bure's acceleration than a referendum on Kupari's, which is great.
The way Kupari shoots and finishes reminds a bit of Pavel. Especially on that 3on3 OT goal. Kupari is an excellent skater too, which is obviously one of Bure's trademarks.

He's not going to be as good as PB, I wasn't comparing him on that level, just a few of his mannerisms and strengths are similar.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
12/28 results:

Niagara lost 4-1, Thomas was scoreless and -1.
Mississauga lost 6-2, Ingham stopped 28/34.
Owen Sound lost 7-3, Dudas was scoreless and even.
SSM lost 4-2, Villalta stopped 20/23.

12/29 games:

Niagara (Thomas) @ Kingston
Mississauga (Ingham) @ Peterborough
Sudbury @ SSM (Villalta)
Kitchener @ Owen Sound (Dudas)

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
12/29 results:

Niagara won 8-0, Thomas had Goal(12), an Assist(32) and +2.
Mississauga lost 3-2 in SO, Ingham stopped 39/41.
SSM won 5-2, Villalta stopped 23/25.
Owen Sound lost 6-2, Dudas had an Assist(18) and -2.

12/31 games:

Mississauga (Ingham) @ Windsor
Ottawa @ Niagara (Thomas)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ Barrie

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
12/31 results:

Niagara won 6-5, Thomas had a Goal(13), an Assist(33) and even.
Mississauga won 9-5, Ingham DNP.
Owen Sound lost 5-1, Dudas was scoreless and -2.

1/2 games:

Guelph @ Owen Sound (Dudas)

Reactions: goosh

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/2 results:

Owen Sound won 3-2, Dudas was scoreless and even.

1/3 games:

London @ Niagara (Thomas)
Mississauga (Ingham) @ Peterborough
SSM (Villalta) @ Sarnia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad