Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
All the defensemen LA drafted in 2019 had solid seasons.
Bjornfot
Spence
Nousiainen
And Doyle

Really good to see. Not expecting all will be NHLers, but it's good to see them have solid seasons after being drafted.

2019 draft for LA still looks good a season later.

The way he skates, shoots, and moves the puck around, Nousiainen reminds me A LOT of Visnovsky. I'd say that's a huge plus!

Reactions: Fat Elvis

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Bulat Shafigullin
Scored his 2nd goal in his 2nd preseason game vs Ak Bars. So it's 2 goals in 2 games right now.

His goal is at 0:27 Very nice shot, I'd say.

It's his 1st goal in the first game. He scored his 2nd goal on PP, he's on the first PP team btw and plays on the 1st line.

It may be preseason, but seeing him score in the KHL is good. Hopefully this is a breakthrough year for him.

Reactions: Token

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
I think Emerson mentioned Lee as a guy folks are paying no attention to but should. It's good to know he'll be given plenty of time to develop with the strength of our prospect pool. That was a great defensive play, and he clearly has hands!

He played for my local USHL team and is a really smart 2 way player. If his skating improves then he has potential to be a decent player. I had the pleasure of meeting him and his mother when they bought a car from my coworker buddy. They are very nice people.

Reactions: BringTheReign

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
you guys more bullish on tyler madden or rasmus kupari these days?
Me personally -- Madden. I feel like he's more boom or bust (higher ceiling but lower floor) compared to Kupari. I'm pretty certain Kurapi makes it, but I'm not sure he's anything more than a good 3rd liner (Kempe-type).

Reactions: neelynugs

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
you guys more bullish on tyler madden or rasmus kupari these days?

Kupari hasn't played since getting hurt at the WJC, so we don't know to what extent that has hampered his development. Going to need to see him get back on the ice before we can really assess that.

Madden's coming off a solid season at Northeastern, so its easy to be high on him right now.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Grundstrom scored in Alksvenskan tonight.

Shafigullin's team had their game postponed due to testing positive for COVID

Reactions: Vino

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jordan Spence poised for a huge year. Gonna be tough to step it up more after a rookie of the year and d-man (player? i forget off hand) of the year award. What's an encore look like?

Fat Elvis

El Guapo
Dec 25, 2003
On Lebowski's rug
Visit site
Has there been an Alexander Dergachyov sighting? Man cub is playing for Podolsk Vityaz of the KHL.

Thru 3 gms, has 1g 2a.

Still, I doubt he ever wears a Kings sweater. But it's good to see him on a score sheet.

Reactions: goosh

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's that goaltending is the one area where we are just ok and don't have an embarrassment of riches.

None of them are extremely blue chip like Askarov or even Knight, Sorokin, etc.--but Petersen himself was highly regarded and all of ours are underrated. Ingham had himself a huge year, Parik continues to impress, Villalta took some strides, etc. There's some real solid depth there at least. Let them marinate in the LA Goalie Whisperer system and we'll at least turn them into higher picks :laugh:

...I'd love us to take a swing at Commesso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad