Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Didn't say he was going to be Hasek, just that he was a monster at camp.

The same way Sodergran was when he figured out he was playing against kids his age rather than adults

Doesn't mean it will translate obviously just that he was a huge standout and at least some of it is carrying over to junior which is nice to see

So wait, does that mean when you said he was beasting, he didn't actually turn into some kind of hairy beast?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Real unfortunate for players like Thomas and Phillips who very likely won't return. And even Dudas will likely go pro.
Agree and all the teams that stocked up for a long run in their league playoffs and Memorial Cup. Sad news, but there’s no other option but to cancel.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
I just picked up the Hockey News future watch. It used to be such a good magazine and it’s getting worse and worse as the years go by. I wouldn’t recommend wasting my money on it and I am sorry I did.

The only two prospects the kings hard in the top 65 was Turcotte at 11 and Bjornfot in the 30s.

They did rank our new boy Tyler Madden 5 spots over Vilardi and 1 spot behind Kaliyev who was 1 spot behind Fagemo. I guess I may be wrong but watching Vilardi come back with hardly any prep and doing what he did after being out a hockey year and a half I still think he is a top prospect followed closely by Turcotte.

at least overall they moved us from a C+ to a B which moved us from 26th Pl. to 13th Pl. overall for our 21 and under prospect base. Even being bias I don’t see any way or prospect pool is outside the top five if not the top three.

Just found a whole ranking system and order of our prospects kind of obscure

Last edited:

psych3man

Dec 17, 2019
Outside Chicago
I just picked up the Hockey News future watch. It used to be such a good magazine and it’s getting worse and worse as the years go by. I wouldn’t recommend wasting my money on it and I am sorry I did.

The only two prospects the kings hard in the top 65 was Turcotte at 11 and Bjornfot in the 30s.

They did rank our new boy Tyler Madden 5 spots over Vilardi and 1 spot behind Kaliyev who was 1 spot behind Fagemo. I guess I may be wrong but watching Vilardi come back with hardly any prep and doing what he did after being out a hockey year and a half I still think he is a top prospect followed closely by Turcotte.

at least overall they moved us from a C+ to a B which moved us from 26th Pl. to 13th Pl. overall for our 21 and under prospect base. Even being bias I don’t see any way or prospect pool is outside the top five if not the top three.

Just found a whole ranking system and order of our prospects kind of obscure

Ask for your money back...completely ignorant rankings

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Ask for your money back...completely ignorant rankings

who knows. In the end maybe they are right. It just seemed to go against a lot of the other info on other sites. I have kept every future watch since they came out and every draft preview since 03. Sometimes it is fun to pull out the older stuff and see how spot on it was.

as for this year I just hope we keep our pick in the top 4

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale.

these are the 4 that really excite me.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
who knows. In the end maybe they are right. It just seemed to go against a lot of the other info on other sites. I have kept every future watch since they came out and every draft preview since 03. Sometimes it is fun to pull out the older stuff and see how spot on it was.

as for this year I just hope we keep our pick in the top 4

Lafreniere
Byfield
Stutzle
Drysdale.

these are the 4 that really excite me.

I'm really starting to sour on Byfield not sure why but I think it will be a mistake for any team who picks this kid. Just one of those feelings.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
I'm really starting to sour on Byfield not sure why but I think it will be a mistake for any team who picks this kid. Just one of those feelings.
Reasoning other than feelings? Most scouts and pundits compare his game to Malkin. He needs to be more physical for sure with that size he possesses, but he could be a dominate center in the NHL for a long time. He's one of the youngest players that are draft eligible. That should carry a lot of weight. He likely goes #2 or #3.

Reactions: Ghetty Green
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad