Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Kaliyev scores early versus Saginaw and has now become the Bulldogs all-time leading scorer passing Matt Strome. Dogs currently trail Saginaw 4-2 in the 1st.

I suspect GM Blake could be in the building today as it was mentioned in another thread he was in Toronto yesterday. Plenty of talent on showcase for both clubs today.

Last edited:

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Hoven doesn't think Fagemo is one of our top ten prospects ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

I think it says more about the talent in the pipeline than the rankings, which Hoven has determined based on feedback from executives and scouts within the organization.

Winning back-to-back championships in the CHL and scoring in every WJC game while on his way to leading the tournament in scoring may make this ranking unfathomable. Like our explanation with Hults, though, this ranking is more of a reflection of his projected fit in Los Angeles than a reactive glance to an otherwise fantastic season. If anything, there is not a compelling argument putting him above anyone in the top 10.

The reality is Fagemo will likely be a bottom-six player in the NHL, somebody looking to fill a secondary role. That’s a sobering thought for many, especially those who had visions of sugar plums dancing in the head watching him light up the WJC in the weeks after Christmas.

With the Kings, he should be versatile, yet fill one of those defined spots that every Stanley Cup winning third line brings. Think Trevor Lewis with a better scoring touch.

Reactions: ricardfromage

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I just remember him being as relentless as Lizotte. A guy with those hands and those abilities can be fearsome anywhere in the lineup. Marchessault-lite, minus the tomahawk slashes!

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I would say this. Fagemo has a pretty good heavy shot, and his all around game has improved, but penciling him into the NHL or anywhere near the top six in the NHL is way premature, so I don't think the ranking is out of place at all. Not yet anyway. Fagemo had great U-20 tourney, but I think we have to keep in mind that he was one of the older, and more experienced players (playing against men) in the tourney, and that does make a difference at that age. The reality is he has 12 goals and 9 assists and is -3 in 40 SHL games this season as a player who will turn 20 next week. He is 7th on his team in scoring. That is solid, but it is certainly not amazing by any standard. For instance, Elias Pettersson who is now 21 and a star with the Canucks had 24 goals and 32 assists, was +27 in 44 games in the SHL in his 19 year old season. I know we're excited about having a potential goal scorer that we made a move to acquire in the draft, and he may turn out to be just that and a solid NHLer, but pumping the brakes on this player just a bit may be some sound advice.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I would say this. Fagemo has a pretty good heavy shot, and his all around game has improved, but penciling him into the NHL or anywhere near the top six in the NHL is way premature, so I don't think the ranking is out of place at all. Not yet anyway. Fagemo had great U-20 tourney, but I think we have to keep in mind that he was one of the older, and more experienced players (playing against men) in the tourney, and that does make a difference at that age. The reality is he has 12 goals and 9 assists and is -3 in 40 SHL games this season as a player who will turn 20 next week. He is 7th on his team in scoring. That is solid, but it is certainly not amazing by any standard. For instance, Elias Pettersson who is now 21 and a star with the Canucks had 24 goals and 32 assists, was +27 in 44 games in the SHL in his 19 year old season. I know we're excited about having a potential goal scorer that we made a move to acquire in the draft, and he may turn out to be just that and a solid NHLer, but pumping the brakes on this player just a bit may be some sound advice.

I have him slotted in Ontario's top 6.. thats as far as I was willing to go lol..
Any word on if/when Tyler Madden will go pro? I think Turcotte is coming..
Turcotte
Madden
Hults
Ingham
Thomas
Dudas
Fagemo
Moverare

Thats a damn nice list of players..

Reactions: Kings Rule

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I respectfully disagree.

I remember you were saying the same thing about Fagemo and his age during the WJC and there it was discussed too. The fact there were younger players playing over there, should not be used against him. Not to mention, most point producers were his age. He was playing against his peers.

Using Petterson as example regarding Fagemo is a bad argument too. He set a record there and will most likely be a much better NHL player. Franchise material.

Fagemo had 20 goals in 58 GP (RS + Playoffs) in his D+1 season. All that in arguably the second best league at age 18/19.

On top of that, 15 goals in 16GP for team Sweden this whole year. Well I dont have to point it out because you can see this too o_O but why should we pumping the breaks with him.

I think other prospects in LA’s pipeline should get less attention before Fagemo.

Not sure if you have something against him, regulate, but saying he is 7th in scoring for his team, does not help this feeling either. He is basically their 4th best point producer (he has missed a couple of games), and that for a goalscorer from the 3rd and 4th line.

It doesnt really matter but it is ridiculous to think there are 10 other prospects more promising than him, so I agree with kilowatt. All he has done, is score goals and more goals at every level since the beginning of 2018.

Last edited:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Fagemo produces through effort and volume. He throws a lot at the net.

He's not a bad player, nor is it a slight to say he's a third liner. But I don't think you should count on him to be a reliable scorer over the course of a season.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Fagemo may be a middle-sixer the same way Iafallo is.

If you know me, you know I'm saying that's a good thing. But I still feel like he's got more Arvidsson in him than others seem to. I'm big on guys who can create turnovers and whose high-energy game = production. He seems like a guy who would have a Carter-style high goals low assists statline....

Honestly the more I think about it the more the perfect wing with Kopitar.

Reactions: Kings Rule

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Fagemo may be a middle-sixer the same way Iafallo is.

If you know me, you know I'm saying that's a good thing. But I still feel like he's got more Arvidsson in him than others seem to. I'm big on guys who can create turnovers and whose high-energy game = production. He seems like a guy who would have a Carter-style high goals low assists statline....

Honestly the more I think about it the more the perfect wing with Kopitar.
Lafreniere is the perfect winger for Kopitar:sarcasm:

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Kinda glossed over in the latest weekly prospect update article on MayorsManor:

Bulat Shafigullin and Alex Turcotte are currently the only prospects in the org whose seasons have ended.

Of course, Turcotte's situation has been discussed. He's expected to sign.

Shafigullin's season in the MHL ended, and the parent club was swept in the first round of the KHL.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Kinda glossed over in the latest weekly prospect update article on MayorsManor:

Bulat Shafigullin and Alex Turcotte are currently the only prospects in the org whose seasons have ended.

Of course, Turcotte's situation has been discussed. He's expected to sign.

Shafigullin's season in the MHL ended, and the parent club was swept in the first round of the KHL.
Bulat is under contract for one more season then hopefully he comes over..

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
now, i usually like to hype up our prospects but comparing him to hasek is a bit much, no?

the one time i saw him, i believe it was against the ducks during preseason, he sh!t the bed...

Didn't say he was going to be Hasek, just that he was a monster at camp.

The same way Sodergran was when he figured out he was playing against kids his age rather than adults

Doesn't mean it will translate obviously just that he was a huge standout and at least some of it is carrying over to junior which is nice to see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad