Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Kids got some Quick in him wow.

The similarities are undeniable with his lateral movement, agility and compete being very Quick-like. If he can read the game at a high level, which a highlight package doesn’t really show, you’d have to think his game will translate to the Pro level. I love his size also. From what I’ve read he’s a great prospect and I think he does have it between the ears, so I think his game will translate. He’s certainly one of our more exciting prospects.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Who was the last player the Kings drafted out of the QMJHL who became an NHLer? Nic Deslauriers in 2009? Hopefully Jordan Spence ends that streak.

Yet another name to throw into the hat of stud defense prospects in the pipeline, along with Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague, Moverare, Hults.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Who was the last player the Kings drafted out of the QMJHL who became an NHLer? Nic Deslauriers in 2009? Hopefully Jordan Spence ends that streak.

Yet another name to throw into the hat of stud defense prospects in the pipeline, along with Bjornfot, Anderson, Clague, Moverare, Hults.

Yeah, Deslauriers is the last "regular" NHLer. Though Zykov and Hyka have both had a cup of tea. Christopher Gibson is the biggest disappointment, arguably.

Still, fantastic recognition as a follow up for rookie of the year last season.

PumperNichol

Sep 2, 2007
All the defensemen LA drafted in 2019 had solid seasons.
Bjornfot
Spence
Nousiainen
And Doyle

Really good to see. Not expecting all will be NHLers, but it's good to see them have solid seasons after being drafted.

2019 draft for LA still looks good a season later.

Yeah and with the great year from Hults, huge year from Roy, and solid development of Anderson it was a great year for the D prospects. No Drew Doughty in the mix but a lot of solid options going forward.

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
Madden is going to be the next Tyler Johnson.. I can't wait
I love when trades work out for both teams. With Tofffoli having instant chemistry with Petey allowing Brock to play with Bo with whom he had his best season. Benning wanted him he's exactly the heavy forward we need, the fact that he fit in (beautiful wife worked at the telethon for charity) and played so well should help to bring him back.

Madden is a great prospect but he wouldn't have been an option in our top 6 and Gaudette keeps getting better, throw in Hoglander, Podz and there just isn't space centre or wing.
Also people need to temper expectations so soon.
He's only 156 pounds and the style he plays will see him struggle against men.
But if he can get bigger he's gonna be a stud. He should've followed the same path as Gaudette and stayed in College for 3 years. These guys are very similar in size and style in their draft seasons.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I love when trades work out for both teams. With Tofffoli having instant chemistry with Petey allowing Brock to play with Bo with whom he had his best season. Benning wanted him he's exactly the heavy forward we need, the fact that he fit in (beautiful wife worked at the telethon for charity) and played so well should help to bring him back.

Madden is a great prospect but he wouldn't have been an option in our top 6 and Gaudette keeps getting better, throw in Hoglander, Podz and there just isn't space centre or wing.
Also people need to temper expectations so soon.
He's only 156 pounds and the style he plays will see him struggle against men.
But if he can get bigger he's gonna be a stud. He should've followed the same path as Gaudette and stayed in College for 3 years. These guys are very similar in size and style in their draft seasons.

I think the one thing working in his favor re: size is that pops played at about 40 lbs heavier.

A little bit of weight and man strength should go a long way for his puck protection.

Reactions: flying v 604

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I think the one thing working in his favor re: size is that pops played at about 40 lbs heavier.

A little bit of weight and man strength should go a long way for his puck protection.
If he hits 190 even with his shiftiness that would go along way. He was a great pick and could end up a 1c or a top 2c. He's like his Dad but with elite offensive skill. The only reason he needs time is his size.
From the games I've seen his skill and IQ are elite. Lots of teams shit the bed on passing on him.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Last edited:

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
And 5 more in the first 3 rounds in 2021, 10 overall.

You have to think Blake and Co will be aggressive in the next few drafts moving up to grab specific targets. We have the picks to do so and we have the cap space to take on a problem contract this year for further picks. I love all the picks they have hoarded, time to make them count.

Last edited:

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
You have to think Blake and Co will be aggressive in the next few drafts moving up to grab specific targets. We have the picks to do so and we have the cap space to take on a problem contract this year for further picks. I love all the picks they have hoarded, time to make them count.

I think they will be more aggressive in targeting a legit NHL player in a trade.

I don't see them taking on a bad contract. With the amount of futures they have and the possibility of low gate revenues, AEG isn't going to be spending a bunch of money for another draft pick. The time to do that would have been this last off season and they didn't do it then.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
One thing that intrigues me it’s how our younger dmen and d prospects have so much in common. Not complaining since in 2012 we drafted the “smaller guys” ( DD, VV and AMart) and signed/traded for the bigger ones (Scuds, Mitchell and Greene). And when you take a look at them, most seens to have the same potential (middle pairing, 3rd to 5th)

Bjornfot (top pairing potential)
Andersson - Roy
Clague - Walker
Hults - Durzi
Nousiainen - Spence

I wonder if Blake will trade someone on this list to move up on the draft or get a better player.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
One thing that intrigues me it’s how our younger dmen and d prospects have so much in common. Not complaining since in 2012 we drafted the “smaller guys” ( DD, VV and AMart) and signed/traded for the bigger ones (Scuds, Mitchell and Greene). And when you take a look at them, most seens to have the same potential (middle pairing, 3rd to 5th)

Bjornfot (top pairing potential)
Andersson - Roy
Clague - Walker
Hults - Durzi
Nousiainen - Spence

I wonder if Blake will trade someone on this list to move up on the draft or get a better player.

I have noticed the same thing. I just really hope were in on Edmundson in the off-season. He checks almost every box we need plus he still young enough that a longer-term contract won’t be a negative. We lose no trade assets acquiring him and we have a little bit extra money to spend to do it. The guy could play up-and-down the defensive pairings depending on what is needed on any given night.

With Edmundson in the line up full time and Big Mac filling in part time we at least have two big boys on the backend. Other teams taking liberties with our rookies or stars would think twice. Our right side is small and he would be a perfect compliment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->