Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
All I can say is that if Blake shit the bed on a player with prior injury history and he ends up injured all the time then he’s gone. LA can’t afford to have that pick go south for a player who is always hurt.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
All I can say is that if Blake shit the bed on a player with prior injury history and he ends up injured all the time then he’s gone. LA can’t afford to have that pick go south for a player who is always hurt.
Are we talking about one Alex Turcotte who returned from injury to the tune of 2 goals/3 points vs ASU?

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Entertaining game tonight in Hamilton, Owen Sound ties it a 6 with under one minute left in the third. Owen Sound wins it in OT. Bulldogs simply cannot close out games this year.

Kaliyev instrumental in the go-ahead go for the Dogs with roughly 90 seconds left as he showed good speed creating a great scoring opportunity that was tapped home by Tag Bertuzzi.

He did have a bad turnover in the 1st period in his own zone, but was bailed out by the goalie.

Reactions: funky

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/26 results:

Owen Sound won 7-6 in OT, Dudas had 2 Assists(36) and +1, Kaliyev had 4 Assists(51) and -1.
London won 4-3 in OT, Phillips was scoreless and +1.

2/27 games:

Oshawa @ Peterborough (Thomas)
Moncton (Spence) @ Chicoutimi

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
So we are talking about the consensus BPA who had fully recovered from the injury he had in his draft year? Or are we talking about someone else?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
So we are talking about the consensus BPA who had fully recovered from the injury he had in his draft year? Or are we talking about someone else?
The same guy. Missing games on an annual basis for injury = INJURY PRONE.

So he is 2 for 2 over the last few years for significant time missed.

Are we really going to descend into the argument about the meaning of injury prone?

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
to me "injury prone" means a player always gets injured from a variety of things like ankle, knee, elbow, etc. And miss a lot of games every year.

this is different with GV in that he had just a back condition that rendered him in the IR. Also, its still the start of his career so lets not get ahead of ourselves here.

when the kings traded for williams, he was injury prone yet, you can hardly say that about his tenure here.

Reactions: cyclones22

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

He missed 7 games lmao

and even half of those were illness not injury

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
Some of you guys need to study up on probability and statistics. Unless a player has some chronic injury (such as groin/concussion) or gets repeating injuries from reckless play or physical frailty -- there is no injury prone. Just bad luck. And with apologies to Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, there is no law of averages that states "chances go around". Sure in the long run they will tend to even out but as congresswoman AOC's favorite economist Milton Keynes once said -- " in the long run we are all dead".

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Some of you guys need to study up on probability and statistics. Unless a player has some chronic injury (such as groin/concussion) or gets repeating injuries from reckless play or physical frailty -- there is no injury prone. Just bad luck. And with apologies to Harold Melvin and the Bluenotes, there is no law of averages that states "chances go around". Sure in the long run they will tend to even out but as congresswoman AOC's favorite economist Milton Keynes once said -- " in the long run we are all dead".
Good tip for life right there.

crassbonanza

Fire Luc
Sep 28, 2017

There very much is such a thing as injury prone. From previous injuries, size, style of play or movement dysfunction; players can be injury prone. There are even some who believe that genetic makeup can play a large role in whether a player can be injury prone. I will say that not a single one of us has the slightest clue whether someone is injury prone though.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The same guy. Missing games on an annual basis for injury = INJURY PRONE.

So he is 2 for 2 over the last few years for significant time missed.

Are we really going to descend into the argument about the meaning of injury prone?
Probably need to as your definition is a rather odd one. A couple of relatively minor injuries in 2 consecutive seasons means nothing. As others have answered half the time he missed his draft year was due to illness (mono iirc). At this point calling him injury prone is hyperbole at best.

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
There very much is such a thing as injury prone. From previous injuries, size, style of play or movement dysfunction; players can be injury prone. There are even some who believe that genetic makeup can play a large role in whether a player can be injury prone. I will say that not a single one of us has the slightest clue whether someone is injury prone though.
You obviously didn't read what I posted.

Reactions: crassbonanza

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/27 results:

Peterborough lost 4-3 in a SO, Thomas had a Goal(20), an Assist(54) and +1.
Moncton won 4-2, Spence had a Goal(9), an Assist(39) and +2.

2/28 results:

Hamilton lost 6-4, Kaliyev had a Goal(43), 2 Assists(53) and -1.
Kitchener won 7-3, Ingham stopped 28/31.
London won 4-2, Phillips had 2 Assists(6) and +2.
Moncton won 8-1, Spence had an Assist(40) and +2.
Spokane won 9-2, Parik stopped 23/25.

2/29 games:

Hamilton (Kaliyev) @ Saginaw
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Tri-City @ Spokane (Parik)

Last edited:
Reactions: Choralone

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Turcotte with another goal and an assist tonight . Gives him 25 points in 26 games on the year . He’s really turned it on as of late

edit : first or second line winger for next 10 years ?

8randyn

Aug 14, 2011
Valencia, CA
Turcotte with another goal and an assist tonight . Gives him 25 points in 26 games on the year . He’s really turned it on as of late

edit : first or second line winger for next 10 years ?

I think it's more likely that Vilardi moves to wing and Turcotte is the 1C or 2C because Turcotte is a little better defensively and a better skater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca