Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Was actually born in Kenosha which is not far from Racine funny enough. Although I really don't have any desire to go back to Wisconsin :laugh:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I've always wanted to go to another college hockey game, only one I've ever been to was Michigan vs MSU but it had to have been 20 years ago, Cammalleri was there. Maybe I'm overdue for a Wisconsin trip anyway, haha.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/31 results:

Hamilton lost 5-2, Kaliyev was scoreless and -2.
Kitchener won 2-1, Ingham stopped 38/39, Dudas had an Assist(26) and +1.
London won 7-4, Phillips had a Goal(2) and +2.
Peterborough lost 7-2, Thomas had 2 Assists(46) and was even.
Moncton won 4-2, Spence had a Goal(7), an Assist(28) and +3.
Spokane won 7-3, Parik stopped 20/23.

2/1 games:

Niagara @ Hamilton (Kaliyev)
London (Phillips) @ Sarnia
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Flint
Oshawa @ Peterborough (Thomas)
Windsor @ Owen Sound (Dudas)
Charlottetown @ Moncton (Spence)
Kelowna @ Spokane (Parik)

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hot damn, Ingham. He's really been going off. Winning a tight game like that too. Appreciate @Torgo always popping in with the report too.

Jordan Spence already has one more goal than last season in 26 less games, though he's trending for only a light increase in production. Team looks better too thus far though, so I wonder if his all-around game has gotten stronger too.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
2/1 results:

Hamilton won 9-4, Kaliyev had 2 Goals(34), 2 Assists(41) and +2.
Kitchener lost 5-3, Ingham stopped 31/35.
London won 5-2, Phillips was scoreless and +1.
Peterborough won 4-1, Thomas had an Assist(47) and was even.
Owen Sound won 6-2, Dudas had an Assist(27) and -1.
Moncton won 5-1, Spence had 3 Assists(31) and +1.
Spokane won 6-0, Parik DNP.

2/2 games:

Hamilton (Kaliyev) @ Oshawa

Reactions: ibleedkings

Eagle Fang

Less Defending, More Offending
Oct 12, 2005
Turcotte is out for the third straight game. Lower body injury. Dayem.

Little concerned. Injury last season, injury this season.

And the thing is, for all the talk about his physicality, he really isn't that physical. He's definitely nothing like Richard's in that aspect.

Seems more like he's just injury prone

Reactions: ru4reals

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI

And the thing is, for all the talk about his physicality, he really isn't that physical. He's definitely nothing like Richard's in that aspect.

This has been a season to forget for Turcotte. He has not played as well as expected at the NCAA level, was invisible at the WJC and as you said is injured again, for the second straight year.

He needs to get bigger and stronger in the offseason and next season before he's ready to play pro hockey the way the Kings want him to play. He isn't going to live up to the draft position based on skill and offense alone, if he isn't big and strong enough to play physical and is going to be a defensive liability like he's been this season (I think both things go hand in hand) the Kings are going to be in trouble with this pick.

I want to like him, I really do, and there is still obviously plenty of time, but I think if the draft were held today he isn't sniffing the Top 5, which is a bit worrisome.

Reactions: Eagle Fang

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it

I'll be honest, I wasn't a fan of this pick. I didn't want the Kings taking another injury prone player. Hopefully he can get healthy and live up to his draft position.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
Well he's out again with a lower body injury. Maybe we need to wait for the 3rd injury in a relatively short time frame to label him

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Well he's out again with a lower body injury. Maybe we need to wait for the 3rd injury in a relatively short time frame to label him

People here are revising history, saying we should have known he was "injury prone" at the time of the draft - based on one injury. It's similar to the narrative that other teams knew or suspected Villardi was having back problems prior to the draft, but the Kings didn't.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Turcotte missed a lot of time due to a hip injury. Then he got mono. As far as I know, that's it. One injury makes one "injury prone"? That's news to me.

Reminds me of young Justin Williams.

I'm more worried about his immune system than injuries, lol.

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
...are you seriously arguing that mono should be considered when discussing injury history?

...are you seriously asking if I'm seriously arguing that mono is considered an injury?

Go re-read and feel free to edit your post

Eagle Fang

Oct 12, 2005
People here are revising history, saying we should have known he was "injury prone" at the time of the draft - based on one injury. It's similar to the narrative that other teams knew or suspected Villardi was having back problems prior to the draft, but the Kings didn't.

Don't know about any of that. I certainly wasn't revising history. The fact is, he's had one not so minor injury last season and one this season that's sidelined him going on 2 weeks. Might be a nothing injury or he might be out awhile. Who knows.

All I'm saying is that AT THE MOMENT, it raises an eyebrow.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Don't know about any of that. I certainly wasn't revising history. The fact is, he's had one not so minor injury last season and one this season that's sidelined him going on 2 weeks. Might be a nothing injury or he might be out awhile. Who knows.

All I'm saying is that AT THE MOMENT, it raises an eyebrow.

Got it. I was hoping for more eye-popping performance from him, I admit, but I guess not everyone's going to kill it like Kaliyev or Fagemo.

Reactions: Eagle Fang
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad