Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Are any of our prospects going to make it to the show? Jesus Christ man.

Seriously...so many injuries. So I look at OHL scores every night and saw Hamilton scored 7 goals. I was like, wow, Arty probably had 2 or 4 of them.
Then click the box score and he only had 1 assist?? Down times. One thing you can count on this year, is for Arty to score 1 per game average.
WTF is going on? It's like, we should be happy if he doesn't get injured too.

Reactions: KopitarFAN

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/25 results:

Owen Sound won 5-3, Dudas was scoreless and even.
Hamilton lost 8-7 in OT, Kaliyev had an Assist(39) and -1.
Moncton won 8-0, Spence was scoreless and even.
Spokane won 7-2, Parik DNP.

1/26 games:

Peterborough (Thomas) @ Hamilton (Kaliyev)
Guelph @ London (Phillips)
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Mississauga
Moncton (Spence) @ Charlottetown
Spokane (Parik) @ Everett

Mar 12, 2009
What is LAs organizational goalie depth/situation going into next season? Some Kitchener fans are speculating about whether or not Jacob Ingham might be returned as an OA? I personally think he will be ready for pro (be it AHL or ECHL) next season, but I don't know what your farm system situation is re: goalies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
What is LAs organizational goalie depth/situation going into next season? Some Kitchener fans are speculating about whether or not Jacob Ingham might be returned as an OA? I personally think he will be ready for pro (be it AHL or ECHL) next season, but I don't know what your farm system situation is re: goalies.

John Hoven (mayorsmanor.com) said in the most recent episode of Kings of the Podcast that internally, Kings management is heavily debating who the #2 goalie prospect in the pipeline is between Lukáš Pařík (Kings 2019 3rd round pick who played for Czech Republic at the WJC) and Ingham.

He expects one of Campbell or Quick to be moved before next season starts, so the pipeline is:

NHL:
Campbell/Quick
Petersen (Kings #1 goalie ptospect)

AHL
Matthew Villalta

ECHL
Cole Kehler (?) He's an RFA after this season ends

Pipeline
Ingham
Pařík
David Hrenak (NCAA junior)

My thoughts:
- 100% Pařík is returning to juniors next season. No need to rush him, as he's 18
- At least one of Ingham/Hrenak will be signed to join the AHL tandem.
- Since Hrenak can play another year as a senior, and St. Cloud has been struggling, I think he'll stay.
- Ingham has risen to the occasion of backstopping a team with playoff expectations. My gut tells me, along with all the aforementioned info, the Kings want him to develop and split time at the AHL level. I would be very surprised if they send him down for an overage season.

Of course, drafting or signing another goalie could change all that, but with the current state of the pipeline, Ingham's return to the OHL would be very surprising.

Mar 12, 2009
John Hoven (mayorsmanor.com) said in the most recent episode of Kings of the Podcast that internally, Kings management is heavily debating who the #2 goalie prospect in the pipeline is between Lukáš Pařík (Kings 2019 3rd round pick who played for Czech Republic at the WJC) and Ingham.

He expects one of Campbell or Quick to be moved before next season starts, so the pipeline is:

NHL:
Campbell/Quick
Petersen (Kings #1 goalie ptospect)

AHL
Matthew Villalta

ECHL
Cole Kehler (?) He's an RFA after this season ends

Pipeline
Ingham
Pařík
David Hrenak (NCAA junior)

My thoughts:
- 100% Pařík is returning to juniors next season. No need to rush him, as he's 18
- At least one of Ingham/Hrenak will be signed to join the AHL tandem.
- Since Hrenak can play another year as a senior, and St. Cloud has been struggling, I think he'll stay.
- Ingham has risen to the occasion of backstopping a team with playoff expectations. My gut tells me, along with all the aforementioned info, the Kings want him to develop and split time at the AHL level. I would be very surprised if they send him down for an overage season.

Of course, drafting or signing another goalie could change all that, but with the current state of the pipeline, Ingham's return to the OHL would be very surprising.
Thanks!

Reactions: King'sPawn

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Cal Petersen is expected to be in the NHL next season, so it is very likely for Ingham to make the jump to the OHL and share the net with Matthew Villalta.

Just saw KingsPawn's response, that covers everything in great detail.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Seriously...so many injuries. So I look at OHL scores every night and saw Hamilton scored 7 goals. I was like, wow, Arty probably had 2 or 4 of them.
Then click the box score and he only had 1 assist?? Down times. One thing you can count on this year, is for Arty to score 1 per game average.
WTF is going on? It's like, we should be happy if he doesn't get injured too.

Kaliyev just endured his longest pointless streak of the season - 3 games. Before that, he just had one game where he wouldn't score.

With Jan Jenik out, it's much easier to focus on Kaliyev. And the entire Hamilton team only scored 2 goals in those three games during Kaliyev's streak.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
I wouldn't think our prospects suffer injuries or illnesses at a higher rate than any of the other NHL teams. These guys are young, still growing and maturing physically, mentally and emotionally. All we can do is be patient and hope for the best.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I wouldn't think our prospects suffer injuries or illnesses at a higher rate than any of the other NHL teams. These guys are young, still growing and maturing physically, mentally and emotionally. All we can do is be patient and hope for the best.

Maybe not and I'm not interested in going around and measuring, but that's 3 of our last 4 draft picks suffering, two with major issues in Vilardi and Kupari. That sucks, especially given it's the top-end talent we need most.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Maybe not and I'm not interested in going around and measuring, but that's 3 of our last 4 draft picks suffering, two with major issues in Vilardi and Kupari. That sucks, especially given it's the top-end talent we need most.
Yeah, it sucks and it seems like the Kings aren't getting any breaks between the injuries and probably getting the 5th pick again this year. But, with McLellan and Stothers guiding the troops I believe the organization is building an identity of persevering, buying into the system and taking advantage of opportunities.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/26 results:

Hamilton won 4-3, Kaliyev had a Goal(32) and -1. Thomas had an Assist(43) and +1.
Kitchener lost 5-4 in OT, Ingham stopped 25/30.
London won 4-2, Phillips had a Goal(1) and +2.
Moncton won 4-0, Spence was scoreless and +1.
Spokane lost 4-1, Parik stopped 27/31.

1/28 games:

Moncton (Spence) @ Cape Breton

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Article in today's Hamilton Spectator regarding AK..

"I've been trying to focus on being great everywhere, not just trying to score goals," Kaliyev says. "Playing great defensively, winning puck battles, helping the teammates and trying to score on my scoring changes."

It's a mindset alteration, then. He's proven he can beat goalies so time to prove to everyone that he can do the other stuff. It's not just him saying this. His coach has been preaching this.

"No question when he's scoring we're a better team," Vince Laise says. "But he's going to have to play defence. Connor McDavid plays defence. Artie Kaliyev is going to have to play defence."

Hamilton Bulldogs’ Arthur Kaliyev in ‘unlucky’ scoring slump

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Article in today's Hamilton Spectator regarding AK..

"I've been trying to focus on being great everywhere, not just trying to score goals," Kaliyev says. "Playing great defensively, winning puck battles, helping the teammates and trying to score on my scoring changes."

It's a mindset alteration, then. He's proven he can beat goalies so time to prove to everyone that he can do the other stuff. It's not just him saying this. His coach has been preaching this.

"No question when he's scoring we're a better team," Vince Laise says. "But he's going to have to play defence. Connor McDavid plays defence. Artie Kaliyev is going to have to play defence."

Hamilton Bulldogs’ Arthur Kaliyev in ‘unlucky’ scoring slump

Good read. Just another point, he's still a kid.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/30 results:

Peterborough lost 2-1, Thomas had an Assist(44) and -1.

1/31 games:

Ottawa @ Hamilton (Kaliyev)
Owen Sound (Dudas) @ Kitchener (Ingham)
Windsor @ London (Phillips)
Peterborough (Thomas) @ Oshawa
Shawinigan @ Moncton (Spence)
Spokane (Parik) @ Kelowna

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
It’s good to hear that Kaliyev is trying to round out his game. It’s the sort of attitude that will make him a successful pro. It’s far better to see him work on his weaknesses than focus on being a flat track bully. It shows good maturity as he knows it’s about preparing himself for the next step, not padding his stats.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
It’s good to hear that Kaliyev is trying to round out his game. It’s the sort of attitude that will make him a successful pro. It’s far better to see him work on his weaknesses than focus on being a flat track bully. It shows good maturity as he knows it’s about preparing himself for the next step, not padding his stats.

Agreed. I have advocated for him to be back in the OHL next year. No question he can put the puck in the net in this league but, another season give him a chance to continue to refine his game. No need to rush the kid.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Agreed. I have advocated for him to be back in the OHL next year. No question he can put the puck in the net in this league but, another season give him a chance to continue to refine his game. No need to rush the kid.
I agree to a point. Another year in the OHL could be bad for him, especially if his team is as bad next year. They will need to manage it carefully, to keep him focused and motivated. His mini slump hopefully helps him realise he still has plenty too learn. I’m just concerned the OHL will be too easy for him.

It would not surprise me if he gets even just a couple of games at the start of next year. Not so much with a view to him sticking but to show him how important the rest of his game is. That said I don’t want him to become a 200 ft player, just not a liability. He needs to be allowed to develop his offensive game with freedom. If he then goes on a scoring tear during his intended short stay and forces the issue its all the better :naughty:.

Mar 12, 2009
In a game Kitchener probably should have won by more, Ingam kept them in until the end through penalty troubles. Made many saves on quality scoring chances that kept us in it. Haven't commented in a bit; despite his GAA being worse lately, he kept us in another game we were down 3-0 early and ended up winning 5-4. On top of his size and athleticism, I like his compete alot. 5-hole might be a concern at the next level from my angle of viewing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad