Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Cool article on Akil Thomas in the Athletic.

It’s not uncommon for Thomas to walk into the coach’s office, ask for one of the coach’s laptops, and review game footage or faceoffs with some of the IceDogs’ younger players.

Reactions: Trek395

Peter James Bond II

"Man, we were right there" - De-Luc-sional
Mar 5, 2015
How do all the defensemen in the system rank now? A lot has changed the past year; getting Durzi in deadline deal, Hults emerging at Penn State, Moverare having great season in SHL,
the drafting of Bjornfot, Spence and Nousiainen. And honestly, Walker and Roy graduating and becoming decent NHL defensemen.

Hard to rank, based on their ages and leagues...so really hard to gauge...as Bjornfot, Moverare and Clague could be closest to making it, but a player like Nousiainen
could end up being one of the best. Hard to gauge Hults and Durzi's upside. But here's a list just to see how much better the D corps in the system is,
compared to even 365 days ago. Would appreciate those that see the Reign often chime in. Strand turns 23 next month...how good is he looking and project?
Not to insult putting Phillips last....not great to see him sent back to juniors; also having to do with how good some of the prospects are above him on the list...there's always hope. Just ask Matt Roy.

Bjornfot
Anderson
Clague
Moverare
Nousiainen
Hults
Durzi
Strand
Spence
Phillips

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
How do all the defensemen in the system rank now? A lot has changed the past year; getting Durzi in deadline deal, Hults emerging at Penn State, Moverare having great season in SHL,
the drafting of Bjornfot, Spence and Nousiainen. And honestly, Walker and Roy graduating and becoming decent NHL defensemen.

Hard to rank, based on their ages and leagues...so really hard to gauge...as Bjornfot, Moverare and Clague could be closest to making it, but a player like Nousiainen
could end up being one of the best. Hard to gauge Hults and Durzi's upside. But here's a list just to see how much better the D corps in the system is,
compared to even 365 days ago. Would appreciate those that see the Reign often chime in. Strand turns 23 next month...how good is he looking and project?
Not to insult putting Phillips last....not great to see him sent back to juniors; also having to do with how good some of the prospects are above him on the list...there's always hope. Just ask Matt Roy.

Bjornfot
Anderson
Clague
Moverare
Nousiainen
Hults
Durzi
Strand
Spence
Phillips
Your list seems about right... Also, after Blake's excitement about Mikey Anderson i'd expect he'll get a call up soon

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/3 results:

Kitchener won 4-2, Ingham stopped 33/35.
Moncton won 7-3, Spence had an Assist(24) and -1.

1/4 games:

Kingston @ Hamilton (Kaliyev) Unsure of his status.
Kitchener (Ingham) @ Niagara
Guelph (Phillips) @ Owen Sound
Moncton (Spence) @ Cape Breton

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
Hard to gauge Hults and Durzi's upside.

Bjornfot
Anderson
Clague
Moverare
Nousiainen
Hults
Durzi
Strand
Spence
Phillips

I like Durzi. Bjornfot is clearly the best prospect, because he is so smart and skates so well, but I think Durzi is defensively better than Clague/Anderson and offensively at least as good as Anderson. Clague is defensively below average, especially when he plays right side.

Bjornfot
---------
Durzi
Anderson/Clague
-----------
Moverare
Hults
Nousiainen
Strand
----------------------
Phillips/Spence

Reactions: Peter James Bond II

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jacob Ingam wins OHL Goalie Of the Month honors for December posting 9-1-0-0, 1.69 GAA, .948 SV%

You've been able to eyeball him too, right? The numbers are obviously great, but I'm assuming his actual play matches?

Appreciate you, thanks!

Mar 12, 2009
You've been able to eyeball him too, right? The numbers are obviously great, but I'm assuming his actual play matches?

Appreciate you, thanks!
Haven't been to the rink yet, but I watch every televised Ranger game. I've seen all of his games this season except for 3 or 4 that were not broadcast. His play matches imo. Definitely aided by the fact that the team in front of him is finally playing up to it's potential, but he's been great on this winning streak and is a big part of why they are playing well.

Last edited:

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
1/4 results:

Hamilton won 3-1, Kaliyev DNP.
Guelph lost 7-5, Phillips DNP.
Kitchener lost 7-6 in OT, Ingham DNP.
Moncton lost 5-0, Spence was -1.

1/5 games:

Kitchener (Ingham) @ Guelph (Phillips?)
Niagara @ Hamilton (Kaliyev?)

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Christ, Ingham. Nuclear.

Hamilton is going off without Kaliyev and Jenik. Crazy.

Yeah, the next prospect report will have a bit about Ingham. Voted goalie of the month in December, had an assist two days ago on the game-winner, and now 11-1 since December.

Mar 12, 2009
1/5 results:

Kitchener won 2-1, Ingham stopped 40/41. Phillips DNP.
Hamilton won 8-2, Kaliyev DNP.
Both teams seemed tired, if Kitchener had deployed their backup again, we would have lost. Ingam is a big kid, and he moves pretty fast, has a high compete level. His five-hole could perhaps use some improvement at the next level, but he is a treat to watch.

Reactions: King'sPawn

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I think our prospects are right on par with expectations. We never had a bunch of top and prospects but more a ton of great depth littered with a couple of upper tier guys.

Prior to the tournament my hopes for top six guys were restricted to Vilardi, Turcotte, and Kaliyev. The one other prospect I thought that might have a chance at a top 6 role was Kupari if switched to wing.

Although this tournament is a small sample size I didn’t realize the skill Fagemo had until watching him on a consistent basis this last 2 to 3 weeks. On a scale and drive alone I believe we have a fourth prospect that can be used in the top six.

I believe our other guys including Anderson- Dolan, Grundstrom, Dudas, Thomas and Lizotte all will be great complimentary bottom 6 guys that will bring much needed skill and speed to our bottom 6 with 1 or 2 of them able to fill top 6 duties for small periods of time if needed.

it is not like we are going for the Stanley Cup this year or next and need them to jump in right now. Or prospects can marinate a bit and be blended into our lineup as our lineup turns over into a more skilled team. I am under the belief that a guy like Kopitar will age well and be no worse than a second line elite Centerman through out his contract. This allows us to break in either Vilardi or Turcotte as a top six and the other one has a third line center during that time span. If things turn out to be better than determined and they both turn into high-end sentiments sooner than later then we have a problem of having the best third line center in the league in Kopitar.

I believe the same on defense where we have a bunch of guys that can provide depth with possibly a couple of them with a high end of a number two. This is something our team has not heard since we drafted Doughty. No matter what happens with Drews offense he has the skills to be any lead number one shut down defenseman that can be supplemented with an offense of guy so for now or defensive Prospect pool looks good other than a true #1 replacement which is the same as the majority of the leagues prospect pools

As for goaltenders I am in the belief that due to the age they are picked before throne goalie be just as good as a first round goalie and I am happy that our front office has stocked our prospect pool with a bunch of capable not minders.

Overall I am Content with our prospects performance at this last tournament as some of them cannot control where they play in the lineup or how much they play. I believe the Canada boys were used right and did perform well and in the role they played. I also believe that her card had a decent tournament considering where he played and who we played with with the amount of minutes he played.

Bjornfoot Has never been that flashy offense of guy and this tournament confirmed that. I would love him to develop into a Mattias Nordstrom clone and still believe he can be Drew’s legit 2.
The one person I really wanted to see play to see how we actually did among his peers was injured in the first game.

Going forward it’s always the best pic available but it would still be nice to grab another upper echelon defenseman or winger.

Reactions: crassbonanza

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Some chatter about Kaliyev being moved. I think the Bulldogs hold onto him with the intention of him back next season and the team in a better position to contend.

Dudas could be on the move as well with Owen Sound not in contention and looking to build for the future.

Thomas will be dealt.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Some chatter about Kaliyev being moved. I think the Bulldogs hold onto him with the intention of him back next season and the team in a better position to contend.

Dudas could be on the move as well with Owen Sound not in contention and looking to build for the future.

Thomas will be dealt.

Hamilton already made a trade to add to their roster. Doubt they'd move Kaliyev.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Will be so nice to see some of these guys on better teams.

Thomas we know is adaptable. Phillips needs some big exposure. Dudas is a gamer and I just want to see him get some playoff love. Kaliyev moving would be immense but as @kovacro says even with Jenik out they made a go for it move already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad